Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The League of Extraordinary Persons (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (OOC)

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Lara Croft: But you might try to kill me.
Manfred Powell: I'm not going to kill you.
Lara Croft: I said you'd try.

Sweet. Looking forward to this one.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby dreamking89 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Really happy I made the cut. This looks like a fun team and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

In fact, this team reminds me of something (Yes, I'm going there)

It reminds me of the babe....
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby kirinke » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 am

Ya'll have fun, tis sad I didn't make the cut, but ah well. Other games and all. :wink:
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 am

Yes! Ralph made it. Still have some tweaking to do. But I look forward to playing with you folks!
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 am

The Hemp Knight rides again.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Updated Chun-Li. Let me know if anything else needs to be done.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby hazy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:06 pm

The Pork-Chop Express drives off into the sunset on another adventure. Over the radio he chats mostly to himself

"If you ever need ol' Jack just give a call. I've seen enough to know that when you're dangling ass backwards over a bottomless abyss you don't say 'no thanks' to a helping hand unless its attached to something trying to eat you. And sometimes even then."
hazy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:11 pm

hazy wrote:The Pork-Chop Express drives off into the sunset on another adventure. Over the radio he chats mostly to himself

"If you ever need ol' Jack just give a call. I've seen enough to know that when you're dangling ass backwards over a bottomless abyss you don't say 'no thanks' to a helping hand unless its attached to something trying to eat you. And sometimes even then."

Awesome.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:15 pm

OK, a little more tweaking done, to accomodate both Lord Fell and Roguescribner. Let me know what you think. I added an uncontrolled Variable 1 pool so that you can insert a random power that might help you advance a plot or just to screw with the character. As per my discussion with Roguescribner, I have made the "troubleshooter teleport" a complication. That way, you don't have to worry about fudging distances and other problematic issues. I have changed some of the flaws on certain powers, making them more reliable (since Ralph has had the suit for 20 years now, it is to be hoped that he has learned to wrangle some of the powers). Most of them are still hit or miss though, including Flight. As per Lord Fell, I have removed the Immunity 7: Bullets, Critical Hits from the Protection power and added an advantage, Second Chance [Toughness Saves against Bullets]. I hope these changes are satisfactory. I am still very happy with the character. I hope you will be too. I give you:

The Greatest American Hero
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby dreamking89 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Jareth is officially tweaked to perfection (or the closest thing to it) as well.
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.
dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Lara was already perfectly built... her stats... they're perfect too.

But in any event, I've updated the character sheet per requests.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:47 am

I've sent out PMs to every selected player for build reviews. Each PM I sent out to players was also copy/pasted to Roguescribner. I do not think that he's had a chance to go over your character sheets as I have, but he did read the copies I sent him, and sent a PM back to me that indicated that he thought I was pretty much spot on. I've already seen a lot of characters shift, and I think we're seeing a lot of characters that are "final products."

The characters that aren't quite ready for their Dealer Sticker aren't far from it, I deem.

Roguescribner and I have talked plot -more than a week ago, when I first signed on as co-GM. Naturally, we've started to revisit plot elements and things are coming together. I don't know where we are for bringing an IC online, but I suspect Friday is most likely.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:11 am

@Bladewind
Lara's "covering fire" continues to vex me. I know we thought this issue had a fork stuck in it, but I was thinking on it some more... It's not wrong, as is... but it can be "improved." Also, since it's complicated (Environment is written weird), I kind of want to have the build of the power laid out.

We're building this power on 15pp, which is the base cost of your Perfect Aim Power.

First...
Environment is: Ranged (+1), Non-Selective (+0), Burst Area 1 (+1) by default.
Covering Fire is: Close (+0), Selective (+1), Cone Area 1 (+1) as modified.
The extras on those two have the same cost, so they are freely interchangeable.

The PL of Environment dictates how large your Area is. You want to match your Environment with your Damage effect, which has an Area of 1, so you don't want to buy additional Ranks of Environment. I think that it's inherent in the Power that if you select a condition and pay for it, you have at least 1 rank in the Power.

Your damage effect
Damage 3 (Extras: Selective, Cone Area) [9pp]
leaving 6pp for your Environmental Effects.

An environmental condition costs 1pp, an intense condition costs 2pp... therefore, you can afford 3 intense conditions. ZOMG. Even better, right? So, let's write that up. Can I get you to cut and paste this directly into your power?
Code: Select all
Alt: [url=http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=1056411#p1056411]Covering Fire[/url]: Environment 1 [Selective Cone Area, Three Intense Conditions; Imposes Cover (-5 to Ranged Attack), Impairs Vision (-5 to Perception), Hinders Movement (-2 Speed Ranks)] Linked to Damage 3 [Selective Cone Area]

What's that URL in the Code? Why, it's this post. Self Referential post is Self Referential!
That way, if anyone wonders what the hell you were smoking when you constructed that, it's all laid out in the link.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 am

Done.

BTW, the only thing I didn't do that you requested was to disable smilies although I did fix that pesky 8) .
Reason being is that I make use of :arrow: frequently in my design notes...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 pm

CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room