Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The League of Extraordinary Persons (OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: The League of Extraordinary Persons (Recruiting)

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

How about Simon Templar, the Saint?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby CaptainChaos » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 am

Wasn't The Saint a tv show in the 60's?
I may be showing my age but what about The Fall Guy starring Lee Majors as a stunt man/bounty hunter?
Also, there was Airwolf. Stringfellow Hawke might be a good submission.

As for my submission, I will be working on a build for Buckaroo Banzai tonight after work.
CaptainChaos
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Mark Reuter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 am

"Look at what's happened to me! I can't believe it myself. Suddenly I'm up on top of the world; it should have been somebody else. Believe it or not, I'm walking on air; I never thought I could feel so free. Flying away on a wing and a prayer....who could it be? Believe it or not, it's just me."

Name: The Greatest American Hero
(in three seasons, Ralph only gives his alternate persona a name once, jokingly referring to himself as Captain Gonzo)
Secret ID: Ralph Hinckley
(during the first season they changed his last name to Hanley, because John Hinckley, Jr. attempted to assassinate President Reagan, but by season two, his name was back to Hinckley, though most of his students referred to him as Mr. H.)
PL: 6
PP: 90

STR 0/6
STA 1/6
AGI 0
DEX 0
FGH 0/3
INT 3
AWE 1/6
PRE 1

Abilities: 12

Dodge: 0/3
Parry: 0/3
Toughness: 1/9 (6 Impervious)
Fortitude: 1/6
Will: 1/6

Combat Cost: 0

Skills
Expertise: Science 4 (+7)
Expertise: Mathematics 4 (+7)
Expertise: History 4 (+7)
Expertise: Human Behavior 7 (+10)
Insight 7 (+8/+13)
Perception 7 (+8/+13)
Deception 3 (+4)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6)

Skills Cost: 13

Advantages
Move-By Action (from suit)
Luck 3
Interpose
Close Combat
Contacts: FBI
Cypher
Skill Mastery: Insight
Advantages Cost: 8

Powers
"The Magic Jammies" (Device [70 pp], Removable [-14 pp], PA: Indestructible, 57 pp) 57 pp
-Enhanced Traits (STR 6, STA 5, FGH 3, AWE 5, Dodge 3) 41 pp
-Protection (Protection 3, Impervious 6, PA: Second Chance [Toughness Saves against bullets], Ultimate Save: Toughness) 11 pp
-Invisibility (Concealment 4 [all visual senses], Duration [-1, Concentration], Unreliable [-1], Full Round Activation [-1 pp]) 1 pp
-X-Ray Vision (Senses 4: Vision Penetrates Concealment, Duration [-1, Concentration], Unreliable [-1]) 1 pp
-Flight (Flight 5 [60 MPH, 500 feet per round (6 seconds)], Unreliable [-1], Quirk: Poor Maneuverability [-1 pp]) 4 pp
--AE: Speed (Speed 6 [120 MPH, 1000 feet per round (6 seconds)], Distracting [-1], PA: Move-By Action, 4 pp) 1 pp
-Super-Strength (Enhanced STR 5, Limited [-1, only for lifting], 5 pp) 5 pp
--AE: Psychometry ([Remote Sensing 12 (30 miles, visual senses)], Limited [-1, must have an object held by the target], Duration [-1, Concentration], Unreliable [-1], + Distance Sense [+0, Linked], + Direction Sense [+0, Linked], 5 pp) 1 pp
Variable 1 (Uncontrolled [-1]) 5 pp

Powers: 57

Complications
Secret ID: Ralph Hinckley, schoolteacher

Motivation: Doing good. Ralph was chosen amongst all the humans on Earth to receive the suit from the aliens. He feels compelled to do good with it, and will usually balk when situations stray into a morally "grey" area.

Jiminy Cricket: Not only is Ralph motivated to do good, he thinks that others should follow his example and will often chide those not so inclined to follow the rules in the pursuit of their goals, including his friend Bill Maxwell.

Bumbling Hero: Despite the great powers his suit gives him, Ralph still is clumsy and awkward.

Ham-Fisted: When wearing the suit, sometimes Ralph will apply more effort than is required to do a normal function, causing his great strength to break or injure something or someone

Power Loss: Again, despite the suit, Ralph's insecurities get to him sometimes and the suit fails to function for him (ie. failing three activation rolls in a row)

Lost the Instruction Manual: The aliens who gave Ralph the suit also gave him a set of instructions regarding its use....which he promptly lost. The suit may be capable of much more than what Ralph has discovered but he'll never know.....or will he????

Relationships: Pam Davidson-Hinckley (wife), Bill Maxwell (partner, FBI agent), students

Responsibility: Work

Troubleshooter Teleport: On occasion, the suit will teleport Ralph to an emergency situation that requires his powers. This is beyond Ralph's control and sometimes occurs at the most inopportune times.

Powers 57 + Advantages 8 + Skills 13 + Abilities 12 = 90 pp

Background: Ralph Hinckley is still a schoolteacher, teaching special education. He is now married to Pam Davidson-Hinckley. Bill Maxwell, his FBI agent friend/partner, is still with him after all these years, though he is close to retirement. And, of course, every few years, there is a new batch of students for him to teach, and, as always, he manages to develop strong connections with each of them. He has been using the suit for many years now, still without an instruction manual, and still trying to get the hang of things.

Since getting the suit, Ralph has always struggled to maintain his personal life as much as possible, while still using the suit to make the world a better place. His wife and students help keep him grounded, while Bill helps him to keep one ear to the ground for possible troublespots. He is still awkward and clumsy, especially when flying, and he still suffers from bouts of self-doubt occasionally.
Last edited by Mark Reuter on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:44 am, edited 16 times in total.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 am

I`m impressed that you fit him into the game parameters !

My linkage post has been updated.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 am

Bladewind wrote:I`m impressed that you fit him into the game parameters !

My linkage post has been updated.

Was this directed at me? If so, then thank you, Bladewind. If not, then I shall proceed to grab a towel and wipe the egg off my face.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:34 am

Mark Reuter wrote:Was this directed at me? If so, then thank you, Bladewind. If not, then I shall proceed to grab a towel and wipe the egg off my face.

No towel required. :)
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 am

How would you feel about a character based on "The Crow"

It could be the original, but the plot is kinda resolved at the end of the movie. Perhaps another revenant like creature brought back by the same spirit as The Crow?
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby kirinke » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:40 am

The Crow is kinda dark hero, this game is supposed to be more light-hearted. Kinda worse in terms of darkness than the Shadow that I pitched as a matter of fact.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 pm

hmm, right you are.

I can't pin down a concept so i'll have to withdraw my interest.

Good luck!
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm

bi0philia wrote:How would you feel about a character based on "The Crow"

It could be the original, but the plot is kinda resolved at the end of the movie. Perhaps another revenant like creature brought back by the same spirit as The Crow?

There was actually a TV Show based on it... same principle, same revenge et al... focused on other aspects than the dark and gritty.

I think it was the 90s to boot... Eric was played by the same guy who is the Chairman from Iron Chef America...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby roguescribner » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm

I'll start going through submissions/ideas later tonight, but for now: The Crow

I'm borderline on this one. On the one hand, he's not a superhero per se, so it seems within guidelines on that front. On the other, he might be a little dark for this campaign. One thing everyone should keep in mind that whatever character you pitch, in game someone is going to recruit you into this group. So your character needs to have some sort of reputation established (whether public or within certain circles) that will catch the eye of the recruiter to respond to the as yet revealed threat. So while I find the Crow cool and all, I'm not sure how a dead guy who comes back to seek revenge and then die again will work in the game.

If you can somehow make it work, more power to you. But from where I'm sitting, it looks to be an uphill battle. I'd probably try something else.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang
roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 pm

The Crow was my second date movie..
Cool World was my first..

I.. had no clue what I was doing.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Spectrum wrote:The Crow was my second date movie..
Cool World was my first..

I.. had no clue what I was doing.

And the award for spit take goes to Spectrum... hmmmm.... Holly.... nah...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Arkrite » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Other possibilities for people to consider:
Magnem, PI
Remmington Steele (Or if you're feeling clever Laura Holt)
Marty McFly/Doc Brown (Technically he is a time traveler, but he was from the present and traveled to the future and the past, so you might be able to sneak it past the GM if you leave out the Delorian)
Rambo (might be a bit dark)
The kid from "My Secret Identity" comes to mind, but I'm not sure that might be a bit to far in the Superhero end
John Matrix (from the movie "Commando")
David Addison or Maddie Hayes (Moonlighting)
William "Buck" Rogers could work (set before he goes into stasis)
Doogie Howser might just make the right time setting
The Dukes of Hazard (And possibly the General Lee)
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

I've also been vaguely considering the cartoon Pole Position.

Are there any rules on how to play a vehicle? odd how that's come up in a few games for me..
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room