Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Garfield

Garfield nods to the Sarge on his way out, "Yes sir! Round of drinks on you coming up. You three have fun on your trip."

When Gomoamov called her by that name, it took her a moment to respond to it, her ears unused to hearing it, in fact, the chestnut tips actually blushing.. soon followed under the racoon's mask of a broken nose.

Garfield gazed thoughtfully between the two men at her side, "As your doctor, I can't recommend that you do either." she pauses a moment, waiting for the groans. "However, the sarge did put me in charge with making sure that you got your round- so I'll make it happen." she looks at the datapad again. "So this Hoo-ters is right over here.." and begins to walk through the streets until she finds it.

"So Doctor Gomamov, what exactly are you a doctor of? You seem a bit of a polymath so far."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

"Bah! Hooters is terrible. No we're going to Sailor's Haven. The best place to drink, eat, and relax for any soldier at this port." His eyes lit up with glee, like a child headed for a toy store. He marched off for this dream bar, hoping the other two would follow.

As the group moves, the area slowly transitions from high priced, tourst attractions, into what could best be described a dirty slum like ara. The kind of area, good citizens don't go too... "I hear they use they have this bird on this planet that has eight wings! With the right spice it tastes just like chicken. Very cheap, very good. I alos hear they have this Suicide hot sauce, suppose to be so hot it can eat through the wooden tables. I can't wait."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:14 pm

"Only Carstairs calls me Doctor for some odd reason, my name is Ivan, my mother gave it to me to use it. I do have several doctorates, Biology, Chemistry, Infomechanics and of course Physics. The only reason I'm on this team is because I am the most qualified scientist the Union has. Besides they want me dead probably." Ivan explains. At Hayes statement of the suicide sauce Ivan makes a thoughtful face. "Might add that thing to a new weapon..." he says and winks.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Garfield

Garfield pulls up to a screeching halt as the neighborhood starts to turn 'bad', well before it actually gets Bad.

"We shouldn't go any further than this. We're going into an area that will be severely restricted from further travel." she looks back and forth between the two men, giving a very loud but also very not said 'I don't want to have to report you.'
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Lang and Carstairs made their way toward the imperial section of the city. As they did, they found the changes in humanity to be somewhat disturbing. Gone were the standard nut-brown complexion and dark hair and eyes. Well they weren't gone. There were still people with those colorations, but there were others as well: Blonds and redheads were very common. Occasionally, there were even other colors, non-standard blue and pink hair appeared on the odd person. Even more strange were the number of mutated ears- a large percentages of those had pointed ears. There was even one woman with six fingers- someone that Gail identified as a Mideanite.

It didn't take long to find the short building. Its architecture was definitely imperial in design. It was a round building with a broad over-sized roof that stretched out from the sides to form a covered porch. The windows and doors were circular and tilted outward with short offset dormers. The smells wafting from it were mouthwatering.

As the other group wound their way through the back roads of the capital city headed toward the Sailor's Haven, they found the section of the city to be less and less well cared for. The skyscrapers gave away to short brownstones and then smaller squat buildings most of which were one or at the most two storeys. The holographic signage had given over to old style neon. The people are much more shabbily dressed. This section of the city has obviously been harder hit by the economic readjustment from the planetery pull out from the Union.

In the distance a neon sign showed two drunken Union spacers sharing a soju and in several scripts were the words: Sailor's Haven. Two elite borgs wearing Union uniforms were entering.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Garfield

Garfield pauses, blinks..frowns..sputters.. makes odd motions with her hands.. all obvious signs of a complete mental lockdown, "Perhaps. It. Is. Not. That. Forbidden." but there are still clear signs that she's uncomfortable with even such a basic concept.

Girl needs to get drunk.. and badly.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Evolución » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:51 pm

"Come on Antonia, even I have been in worst places. Remember that alcohol eliminates most pathogens and you'll do fine." Ivan pushes Garfield from her back as he strides forward with his long legs. "Hurry Michael, I'm not saving wings for you."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Simon did plenty of staring as he encountered the strange looking Imperials that populated the area. The ears especially held his eyes. Like ... cat ears. A couple times Cartstairs would have had to stop him from trying to touch someone's ears. If he didn't, well, Simon would make up for the breach in etiquette with polite compliments before before things got heated or someone took offense.

At S.H. Confectioneries Simon gawked at the building a moment, sniffing at the air for a few seconds. Then he bullrushed the front door as if he had to get there and be the first in line before someone bought all the fudge out form under him.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 am

Several patrons smiled at Simon's antics as he hit the confectionery door at a dead run. A tall woman with red hair and pointed ears smiled understandingly and said, "Must be a newbie. Sloppy Hollow does it to them every time."

The room is filled with cases of chocolate, nougat, caramels, and sweets of all kinds. A strangely normal looking man, maybe in his thirties with a balding blond pate said, "Welcome to S.H. Confectionery. I hope we can satisfy your sweet tooth."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 am

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

"Lang, Gale, find what you want. It's on me."

He smiles avuncularly at his younger companions before turning to the balding man who greeted them.

"My friends are interested in fudge, I believe. I am more interested in lemon drops, the more sour the better."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 am

The man looked over at the child and then at the Union soldiers she was with and smiled. "Well welcome to my establishment. We carry the finest fudge in this arm of the galaxy."Gale asked hopefully, "Do you have Berly's fudge?"
The balding man smiled again and said, "But of course. It's our number one product. How much do you want?" Then turning to Carstairs, he added, "We have a large assortment of various sour drops ranging from Terran lemon, to Northmore Sourfruit."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Garfield

Garfield nearly flinches when she's called by That name again. "Gomamov, it's Garfield or Toni. I'm not used to being called That." she frowns thoughtfully, muttering softly. "And its not the attrociously high chance of getting disease, its the moral wrongness of all of this."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Inside the establishment Simon stopped and looked around at all the sugary treats on display. When Gale asked about the fudge she had mentioned he chimed in after her.

"Half a pound of the Berly's fudge."

While Carstairs was negotiating the acquisition of some lemon drops, Simon was inspecting some of the more exotic treats on display. Whenever he found something unusual he drew Gale's attention to it or asked the proprietors about the item. When something seemed good enough to eat, he asked for a little bit to eat on the spot.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:15 pm

The doctor rises and eyebrow. "Toni? Ain't that a male name? Anyway, there's nothing morally wrong with chicken wings and drink Toni; at least nothing that you can ascertain being outside."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael wrapped an arm around Garfield's shoulder, "Come on L.T. Live a little. You just joined the suicide squad. We go on missions no one else dares. Why? Well for one, we're all crazy, and two, we're the best. We gotta grab life by the short hairs and enjoy it while we can. Cause our next mission might be our last! Would you deny a potentially dying man beer, wings, and a show?" Michael laughed and (assuming she doesn't struggle) began to drag her towards the bar.

As they two walked, Michael patted the other doctor on the shoulder, "Let's go Ivan!"
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room