Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby Hound » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 2

Michael smiled and returned the toast, "Ivan, I know very little about you. Care to enlighten this poor soul on just who you are? Besides the craziest tinkerer I've ever seen, of course."
Last edited by Hound on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:31 am

Simon Lang
Cnd: Healthy

"That'll be the one."

Simon indicated the museum listed as hosting replicas of Egyptian and Mayan burial practices. The young soldier was already walk in the general direction it was located. He then handed the device over to Gale so she could look through it.

"Later we should visit a museum with some Imperial exhibits. I'd like to learn more about your culture."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am

Gale smiled up at Lang and said, "I would like that. I'd really like to show you what Kentaurus is like. A whole planet made up of island chains. The Academy is there, and it is one of the quietest and at the same time noisiest places I've ever been!"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Garfield

Michael added, " "If you think sex is "unfortunate aftermath," then you're doing it with the wrong people, or not at all."

Garfield followed Michael's gaze to the stage with a vague disinterest though one dancer in particular catches her eye with a thoughtful gleam. "You're right. I haven't. I intend to keep it that way." she trails off.

Her eyes drift between the various beers, instead of immediately imbibing another puff of air as she injects herself again. They're coming more quickly.

"May she find the strength to leave her pad for a few minutes."

She raises her own glass of something painfully harmless in salute, "Thank you Doctor. I would think that a man of Science such as yourself would have a more refined attitude towards such matters." sipping rather daintily at her own drink.

Garfield smiles back towards Michael, watching the tennis ball as it goes slinging across the table, "Hayes." she says softly, a little less on the attack. "And why were you that way to begin with? What temptations kept you from becoming more than you were before? Did they appreciate it? What about patriotism? What about the need to serve?" Honestly, truly, she seems more than a little confused on why these things aren't foremost on your mind- they are on hers.

Her glass goes up again in salute. "Regardless, it's great that despite your initial shortcomings you kept pushing to be more than you were born to be."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Simon Lang
Cnd: Healthy

Simon seemed to muse on this place Gale mentioned. A world where the greatest land-masses were islands, rather than continents. Letting out an audible 'hm' he looked up and to the left as he thought. After moment or two of keeping his thoughts to himself he returned his black eyes to the young girl he walk along side.

"It sounds like an exotic place. Do they have flying fish on Kentaurus? Ooo, or telepathic catfish?"
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Gale shrugged and said, "I'm not sure. Most of the aquatic species on the planet seem to be somewhere between fish and reptile. They have three chambered hearts, but they're otherwise more like fish. There are some gliding species, I guess that are analogous to flying fish. And of course there are sea-sounders, but they're mammals. They are the closest thing to a telepathic species."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

He had originally chosen to join Lang and Gale out of concern that they might need, well, an adult along with them. He had, however, found himself becoming more and more interested in the conversation.

"These sea-sounders, are they like old earth whales and dolphins or more like seals?"

One of the more pleasant memories of his childhood was his father giving him a copy of an old earth book called "The Jungle Books". His favorite story in it had been about a white seal. He hadn't thought of that story for years, but Gale's words brought it flooding back.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Michael Hayes wrote:Michael smiled and returned the toast, "Ivan, I know very little about you. Care to enlighten this poor soul on just who you are? Besides the craziest tinkerer I've ever seen, of course."

"Who am I, boy that's an interesting question. Where should I start?" he ponders, spinning his drink "For the msot part, I have been catalogued as a scientific genius, from a very tender age. My life has been mostly dedicated to reverse xeno-biotechnology, trying to understand and assimilate alien technology and biology, making use of them to generate scientific paradigm shifts.
I got into a spacecraft once to salvage tech, but the bloody thing detonated. Somehow I escaped in time and survived, not without my goodbye present."
he pats his bad leg. "I passed out shortly after only to awaken inside a liquid substratum tube. Doctor Vladimir Gramanov's men were also going to the space ship, and found me on the way. The good doctor decided to use me as a guinea pig. Perhaps one of his assistants f*ck up the anaesthesia proportions and I regained consciousness. I pretended I was asleep until they took me out of the tube, and then I escaped. Then I returned to the academic world, only to find it too restricting. If the military has something good, is their low ethics and morale, which allow some more interesting experiments."

Garfield wrote:"Thank you Doctor. I would think that a man of Science such as yourself would have a more refined attitude towards such matters." sipping rather daintily at her own drink.

"On the contrary, I an as unorthodox as the methods I employ." he says.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:12 am

A red haired man approached the table where Team Tiger was sitting. He was tall, standing near or above 180 cm, they would have recognized him as an imperial even without the blue and white uniform he was wearing. He smiled and nodded toward Garfield's uniform and asked in that strangely inflected version of Union Standard that so many imperials used, "Are you from the Koffi Anan?"

In the cultural area

As the unlikely group of siteseers wandered toward the museum, Gail giggled at Carstairs question in the way only a little girl can. She said, "Sea sounders look sort of like whales or dolphins- except they only get to be about 30 cm long, and have an extra set of tentacle like manipulaters between their front flippers."

The PHA in Lang's hand beeped telling him that they'd arrived at their destination. It was a low squat building made of local stone. A line of high windows circled just below the roof. In Union Standard on a sign out front were the words: MUMMIES! KING TUT!
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Garfield

Garfield mutters softly, "That man should seek medical care soon. He appears to be having some kind of siezure. Perhaps its related to the cardiovascular issues leading to priapism."

She turns to look at the oddly coloured man at their table. Her voice light, having a difficult time concealing her clear disdain for the Impy before them. "Yes, we are."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:12 pm

The redhead smiled warmly and said, "I'm Lieutenant Kregg Pruitt, of the Their Majesties Ship Illia I served with Captain Storm-Atlyn aboard the Genesis. I was onboard when the peace treaty was hammered out at Epsilon Sagittarii. My men spoke highly of your shock troopers actions planetside. I'd like to buy you a round of drinks."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Michael Hayes

"Yridian brandy! No ice. Adding ice to a good brandy is like murder. Believe you, me, I know murder."
Last edited by Hound on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Ivan spills his drink at what Antonia said, laughing compulsively.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Garfield

Garfield gazes between the three, her lips moving as she counts, and again.

She gazes up at the exotic Impy Lt.her complexion turning an interesting shade of red, but still she tries to hold down the resentment at being congratulated on one of the worst betrayals of the Union in recent history with politeness. Her voice grows soft as she struggles. "I think that I speak for my teammates when I say thank you for your kind offer." she looks across the bar, mentally counting the numbers and strengths of the two forces.. along with whatever collateral may be swept up in things.

Her eyes drift to the timedate stamp on her pad..

... and why do I have the opening of the Firefly episode Trainjob running through my mind?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Lt. Pruitt gave Garfield a bit of a confused look, and shrugged. "I'm glad to do it." He waved to the waitress and when she came over, he said, "Please set up our friends with a round of whatever they chose to drink. Take it out of my account." Turning back, he nodded to Gomamov, then Hayes, and finally to Garfield. "Enjoy your drinks.' He then turned and left.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room