Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Garfield

Garfield shuffled forwards, allowing herself to be pulled along by the convict and the heretic, her mind and eyes aswirl..

"And for the greater good of the Terran Union. Hayes, I'm a Patriot.." said in much the same way that a few hundred years ago someone might protest and protection themselves with the now abandoned superstitions of faith.

And yet she still goes, dooming herself. Her lips already start to mutter the Oath of Commitment, as if the sacred words would protect her from this wonderful opportunity to see the alternatives in the world around her.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm

(OOC- Hope I don't screw this up too badly. Currently under influence of serious painkillers)

The Sailor's Haven
As the trio entered, the club, the first thing they noticed was that the building had some serious sound suppression. it was silent on the outside, but inside there was a steady heavy bass beat of professional quality sound and holography system. The music was unfamiliar, even slightly decadent, but as they say, it had a good beat and you could dance to it.

A long bar dominated the far wall. Several barkeeps were working overtime trying to keep up with the brisk business. To the right was a "wing" with numerous tall tables with bar stools where men and women were eating large piles of wings, drinking beer, talking lively. Most of the patrons there were wearing Union uniforms, but there seemed to be both merchant marine, and a few imperial uniforms there as well.

To the left were several low tables with normal chairs. Men and women sitting around various tables with drinks and the occasional card, board, or even tabletop video game. A small placard on a stand as you entered the area read: Psionic suppression fields available upon request. Beyond that was a stage with nearly naked very beautiful women and men dancing erotically.

S.H. Confectionery
A young lady in her late teens or early twenties was helping Carstairs with the lemon drops offering several samples. Some of them were quite delicious, others were a bit exotic to really enjoy. He even found a small bin of "Union Approved" sweets. He noticed a case to one side that read: "You must be of the age of majority for your planet AND this one to purchase from this case: LEVITE SWEETS."

Gale grinned largely as she introduced her friend Lang to the different sweets at the store. She broke off a piece of the Berly's Fudge and handed it to the Union soldier. "This is what made one young teenager a citizen before he turned eighteen! It's one of the greatest success stories in the Empire. They're still talking about this stuff!"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Ivan lets in a big breath, apparently pleased with the scenery. "Wings?" ge gestures towards the tall stools.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Accepting the piece of fudge Simon brought it to his nose and inhaled deeply. Holding the air in a moment he exhaled slowly and seemed to analyze the scent. The chunk of fudge was then shoved into his mouth. Chewing quickly, he ground the treat up and worked it around his mouth with his tongue while looking up and to the side in a thoughtful fashion. Occasionally he let out a 'hm' as if he were considering something of great weight. After he swallowed it all down he nodded decisively.

"We're likely going to need a full pound ... and a high quality safe."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael wasted no time, and grabbed a waitress by the waist. He gave a wink and a smile that made the sudden and shocking grab, suddenly not so bad. "My dear, my friends and I would love two large pitchers of the house ale, and three large orders of wings. We'll take them dry, with a side order of every sauce or spice you have for them." Michael gave the waitress a light spin and a quick pinch before sauntering over to a near by empty booth. He slid into the booth with grace and leaned back, with an eye on the female dancers, he motioned for the two Doctors to join him.

Not sure if we're armed or not.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:54 am

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

"Give my young friends a pound each and I'll have a pound of the Terrain lemon-drops."

He pays for the sugary treats, then turns to his younger companions.

"Now then, you two, I believe we have a museum to visit."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 am

The Sailor's Haven

The waitress smiled at Michael and asked, "What ship did you just get off from?" Looking at the others she added, "Three large orders of wings- rubbed not sauced, And three large pitchers of the house ale." She's stopped and asked, "I'm assuming you mean real ale and not the house beer. We have several of both types on tap, some local, some Union, and some Thulian. I do need to see some ID though before I can sell you some of the Thulian blends." She shook her head, "We don't want you swinging from the light fixtures baying at the moons."

S.H. Confectionery

The people behind the counter filled the order and took a hefty chunk out of Carstair's cred wand. The fudge however, was worth every won of it. It was probably the best thing any of the team had ever put in their mouths. Gail was ecstatic at getting some. As the team was leaving Simon got the impression that their passing was noted.

Heading on down into the "cultural" section of the city they found further indications that this was a former Union colony. The architecture was the same that they'd seen on a dozen other Union worlds, but the symbols of the Union had all been stripped away. The heavy statuary had been replaced with draped banners of the CNW. Gale looked up at Lang and asked, "Which kind of museum are we going to?"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Garfield

Garfield follows over, a disdainful look as she wipes the booth sofa off before slipping into it, against the wall.

She gazes up at Lang's 'fun' with a frown before looking back down into her pad, her fingers constantly dancing over the surface. "Your behavior really is shameful."

While one hand continues to dance over the keypad, the other reaches into her bag.. pulling out another small injector and presses it in right under her ear, a little wince, her eyes fluttering for a moment before she withdraws it.

"To answer your earlier question Doctor, the creche I was trained in frowned upon sexist names. After all, gender is only an unfortunate aftermath of humanity's now vestigial need for intercourse in order to propagate the human race."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Ivan follows and takes seat. "Wrong. Gender, and hence replicate variability is what took us apart from bacteria in the first place. I won't call unfortunate aftermath the very reason my entire species evolved from single celled organisms. Sport the name you want, but don't degrade sexual dimorphism. I bet Hayes would think the same way, if he would understood half of what I have said, or actually heard any, concentrated as he is in the other gender."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Michael Hayes.
HP: 1

"All civilization has just been an effort to impress the oppisite sex... and sometimes the same sex. With some, minor, exceptions all of humanity is about reproduction and expansion." Michael added to the conversation, though his eyes never left the stage. "If you think sex is "unfortunate aftermath," then you're doing it with the wrong people, or not at all."

The waitress arrived with several different pitchers to let the group try the different house brands. Michael wasted no time pouring a tall glass for himself, and downing half of it in a single gulp. "The act of reproduction isn't just for reproduction. There is a reason Earth's history is full of songs dedicated to it. A personal favourite is the classic opera, 'I'm sexy and I know it.' "
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:59 pm

"A fine classical piece, didn't know you were fond on such things." Ivan replied, while he raised his glass, filled with ale. "A toast for Toni, the newest addition to our wacky crew. May she find the strength to leave her pad for a few minutes."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Simon Lang
Cnd: Healthy

"Thank you Gunney."

Simon chimed as Carstairs pairs for the loot they collected from the candy shop. As they left Simon let out a pronounced 'hm' that dragged on for a few second. An exaggerated declaration of deep thought or consideration. But nothing further was voiced concerning whatever bought of pondering he had fallen into.

In the cultural district Simon took to studying the architecture, and the banners as much as he did the people they came across. Pulled from his observation's by Gale's question, Simon didn't even need to pause and consider his answer. He already knew.

"The historical variety. That's where the mummies hide."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Michael Hayes

Michael's attention finally turned from the sensual dancing on stage, and moved to Ivan and Toni. He raised his glass and toasted along with Ivan.

When the toast was done, Michael smiled, "Doc, I spent nearly two years locked up, waiting for my death sentence. In prison, you have to keep busy. Find things to do. Most men work out, fight each other to the death for an extra pudding, or simple pride, and/or sodomize each other."

The young man finished his beer and poured another glass as he spoke. "Sure I trained my body. Sure I fought to live. But I choose to expand myself, not find a choice piece of man meat in the shower. See when I joined, I barely made it in. Minimal test scores across the whole board."

"Hell they were scared I wouldn't be able to count to twenty while wearing combat boots. Sports... they came easy to me... but books? Reading? Learning? That stuff was hard. I use to run from hard stuff."

"But then I was sentenced to death. Hard things didn't seem so hard. At least not compared to living every day with an expiration date. So I used my remaining time to study. I re-took the tests. Scored an average score. To a genius like you, that's nothing. But to me? That was everything."

"While I studied, the only thing the prison library had to listen to was classical music. I listened to them all... Beethoven, ACDC, DethKlok... everything." Michael smiled, and raised his glass.
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:42 pm

The Sailor's Haven
As the waitress brought three huge piles of wings and pitchers of beer to the table, Team Tiger was surprised at the speed of the service. "Never did get an answer about the beer, so I brought the local brew. I think you'll like it. It beats heck out of some of that engine room hooch they serve on ships." She shook her head and added, "You know, it doesn't matter if you're imperial or union, both navies make nasty engine room hooch."

Garfield noticed with some satisfaction that the dancers on the stage were both male and female, so there was at least something for everyone on display. In the corner the Union Elite 'borgs were settling back into reinforced chairs and watching the show while swilling some dark drink from pitchers. Across room from them were what looked like the crew of an imperial private trader talking with officers wearing Union Merchant Marine uniforms.

In the cultural district
Several museums show up on the app downloaded to the fleet issue personal holographic assistant. One pointed out that it had replicas of both Terran based Mayan and Egyptian burial practices. There didn't seem to be any listed for imperial cultural. Team Tiger was unsure if the Imperials had any traditions of mummification in their burial practices.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:26 pm

"I'm impressed, you are quite fond on classical. Remarkable. Your effort shows determination and a will most men don't have." Ivan praises his companion before rising his glass again. "Another toast for Michael, you Rock man."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room