Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Garfield (not the big lazy cat!)

Garfield shifted mercurially from glaring at Simon to a more thoughtful smile towards the Doctor. With a soft grunt she shifted in her seat, pulling another small ampule from her back and pressing it to the sweet spot right behind her ear.

"I used to love the feeling of being in a brick as it fell from the space.. no real control, just slicing through the atmosphere on the way to some rescue mission... hoping that they ran the trajectory computations correctly this time around."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Not long after Ivan interposed himself between Simon and the threat Garflied had made herself into, the telepath settled back. While his mood had been positive before the woman's arrival Simon was now left with a frown. The hostility waned though and he went about ignoring his previous agressor as long as she was smart enough to keep her distance.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael slid into an empty seat, "Chicken wings, beer, and strippers. Every sailor's port visit dream." He said with a smile, "How could life be any better for a man with a bomb in his brain?" He asked as he leaned back. After a moment's pause, "No seriously. How can we make this better? This is my first shore leave since they put the damn thing in."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am

"Tough luck. At least while you don't blow it you're safe. You don't have a stiff leg at least." Ivan winks, patting his bad leg. "I'm not a man of the streets as you might have already guessed. Perhaps Carstairs is the most knowledgeable in such matters."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 am

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

He leans back in his seat, hands behind his head. It is easily the most casual and relaxed the team has ever seen him.

"Never been here, myself.

"Still port towns like this usually have a wide variety of, um, entertainments for folks on shore leave. I'm pretty sure we can find something to suit everyone's tastes..."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Garfield

Garfield brings out a small padstyle computer, carefully putting it across her lap, her fingers dancing over the surface.

Seems that she's mostly doing it to not react and not doing it very well. She tries to not say anything about the broken man who needs 'so desperately' to be fixed mentally, or the Doctor with the injured leg which diminishes his capacity to Serve, or the criminal with the quite literal life sentence (though she does wonder about the limitations on the popper). She most definitely does 'not' look to the Captain for a good long moment trying to figure out just exactly how he was broken to be part of this group and what that means for her own transferal of service.

When we start to enter atmo, she starts to research the planet, major attractions, general weather, what kinds of fun can be made.

"Intriguing, this arena advertises that one of the Impy magecats will be fighting tomorrow evening. I wonder if its another fake or the real thing.."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:02 pm

As the transport shuttle lifted off the ship's deck, the little girl snorted in derision. "Like a magecat would fight in any kind of gladiatorial game. More likely a ailuanthrope they're saying is a magecat." She turned back to Simon and asked, "Can we get some fudge? I tried to get some from your ship's galley but they didn't know what I was talking about."

The drop through the planetary atmosphere wasn't anything like Garfield expected. Instead it was a nice even glide that braked slowly to enter the systems planet-side star-port. Gale seemed to enjoy the hell out of the ride treating it like some kind of amusement park ride- sort of like Lotte-World in Seoul back home on Earth.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Ivan unbuckles himself with haste. "Alright, take me to the food please!" he says, looking at Garfield, who just appointed herself official team GPS.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Simon Lang

Simon blinked at the term's 'magecat' and 'ailuanthrope'. A query touched at Gale's mind, requesting clarification. But otherwise he remained silent on the matter. 'Blood sports' apparently having no appeal to the telepath.

"We can't go see the mummies without fudge."

Simon nodded in response to Gale's request, as if any reasonable person should know: you had to get some fudge to eat while you went to see mummies at a museum. When the shuttle landed Simon unstrapped, and offered his hand to Gale before exiting the craft. Dark eyes roamed about, taking in his new surrounding.

"Now, if you were the best fudge in town, where would you be?"
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Garfield

Garfield's fingers continue to dance over the touch screen, pulling up window after window. "I've never seen so many different kinds of food, or places to eat it. I'm sure that there has to be at least one place here that isn't lethally unhygenic and even vaguely nutritionally balanced." she flips a few more times, "On the subject of fudge.. thirty listings.. looking through reviews now."

She blinks as she looks up, "We've already landed?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Gale smiled stood on tiptoes to look at Garfield's pad. With an excited voice she pointed to an entry. "That's it! That's it! S.H. Confectioneries! They make Berlie's Fudge!" She quickly turned to Land and added. "You have to try it! It's the best thing you'll ever put in your mouth!" The place was listed in the Imperial district.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

He smiles at Gale's enthusiasm. She usually came across as so serious and self-assured it was easy to forget that she was a child.

"LT, let me give you some credits for you and the guys first round.

"I suddenly feel like having some candy and seeing a mummy."

He tips the new medic a wink along with sufficient credit for the promised first round.

"Gale, Lang, I hope you don't mind me tagging along on your outing."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael watched the Sarg, Lang, and Gale walk off, talking of mummy's, candy, and museums. 'How could anyone choose candy over girls most likely called candy?' He wondered to himself.

That left the new med-Doc, and the Old cranky-tech-Doc alone with an ex-con who was a master in ninja like killing. Not exactly your typical group, that was for sure.

"So..." He finally spoke, his tone was awkward, "Still getting that beer and wings?" He sounded like a child hoping for ice cream. He considered mentioning the place had exotic dancers, but then the Lt might turn him down and take the free credits with her. That would just have to be a nice surprise for her.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Simon Lang

Simon gave a thoughtful 'hm' as Gale chose their destination, and described the fudge. After a moment he nodded to himself, as if coming to some decision of great importance. With Carstairs decided to join their expedition to find the greatest fudge in the galaxy, Simon raised a hand and made a beckoning gesture to encourage the Sergeant to come along.

"Then we better get there before they're sold out."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:50 pm

"Hope so, Antonia, lead the way." Ivan says, eagerness clear in his voice and features.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room