Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby timothy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured.

He frowns slightly before speaking.

"It seems to me that any discussion of the girl's future should involve the girl. If she is inclined to request political asylum, we can argue about repercussions then..."

He stands, coming to attention and saluting the skipper.

"With your permission, Ma'am, my team and I have a secondary debriefing scheduled at the canteen.

"I believe that I'm buying the first round, gentlemen."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael glared at Lang for a moment, before his expression softened, "Gale's immediate family. Aunts. Uncles. Grand Parents. Great Grand Parents. Great Aunts, Uncles. Maybe her parents named a God Parent. You don't know. None of us do. Maybe not even her. I don't know about you, but most parents do not discuss their will with their children at such a young age."
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 am

Commander Azarova frowned slightly as she said decisively and firmly, "We will definitely be returning her to her people." The worry in her mind became evident to the telepaths in the room as her thoughts were nearly shouting. I remember the war. I remember the lengths that the Empire went to retrieve a single child who'd been captured by a rogue team. I remember what Captain Kim told me of the Imperials attitude about their children. I don't understand it, but I'm not going to put our ship in that kind of harm's way.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:51 am

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Fatiuged

"Why would anyone keep her from returning to her people?"

Simon looked around the room, but at no one in particular, as if looking for an explination. After a moment he shook his head and stood up, his left hand having started to twitch violently. Finally his eyes focused on the XO and he actually looked at her for the first time.

"I need sugar. Lots of sugar."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:49 am

Commander Azarova nodded to Lang and said, "Nobody is trying to keep her from her people. Trust me that is the LAST thing anybody on this ship wants to do. I personally, am simply worried about a telepath gaining unintentional access to classified Union intelligence. The sooner we can turn her over to her own people the better I would feel." Noting the man's difficulty, she added, "If we have nothing else, you are dismissed to get some more chow."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 am

The trip back from Alpha Beta Andromedae Prime was slow and difficult as the entire crew pitched in to repair as much of the ship as possible before reaching Nova Caledonii where more extensive repairs could be done to the ship's launch bays. Team Tiger began to realize just how much this ship pulled together and it was probably that sense of personal loyalty to not only the ship but to Captain Kim that made it one of the few ships to survive the action at the Corridor Nebula where the Imperials burned out the shipyards entering into what they called their space. These people worked together, lived together, played together and in some cases loved together, in order not to die together.

As the ship pulled in to the repair bays at the Union shipyards, the CNAW allowed the Union to maintain, the sight of the blue spinning world under them, was a welcome sight to the repair weary crew. Probably the only people who were not going to get a break from the repairs were the ship's repair technicians and the ship's exec, Commander Azarova.

It was the latter who called team tiger to their ready room and delayed their rotation to down station. As they entered the briefing area, they noticed another woman with her. She was wearing her "traveling uniform" and on it were both a battlefield medic and combat marksmanship badges. Commander smiled as the team entered and said, "Gentlemen, this is Lieutenant Antonia Garfield. Team Tiger's new medic." With a teasing smile that left you surprised that the woman had a sense of humor she added, "And please don't let this one get eaten by flying lizards. Battlefield medics are hard to come by."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:15 am

Lt. Antonia 'Toni' Garfield

The woman that turns towards you has raccoon bruising around her fierce eyes. It looks like she got into a hand to hand fight and didn't have the nicety to autoheal herself. What kind of medic is she anyway?

On the other hand, her uniform is crisp and pristine, taking the standard shipboard BDUs and turning it into a dress uniform. The marks (pips or bars?) are hard to miss though. Evidently shes' ranked the same as Carstairs.

She nods deeply to the Commander, "Thank you ma'am."

She follows it up with brief nods towards the rest of the group. "Gentlemen, I've read your dossiers. I look forward to working with you."

Cleaned up as Cobalt clarifies character background.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 am

Great, another military nut head to tell him what to do. The chain of command was a pain in the as* for Ivan. He was above such pitiful concepts, his mind worked at higher ground, briefly comprehensible for the primates that surrounded him. Those thoughts had crossed Ivan's mind more frequently, as he worked with the technology of the Raptors. As if his unquenchable thirst for new tech is what kept it at bay. He shakes his head slightly.
"Hello Garfield. I don't look forward to see you having to work on me however. I prefer not being damaged at all." A greeting and a joke, not using her military rank. The pleasure of being a free thinker among drones.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 am

Lt. Antonia 'Toni' Garfield

Garfield barely allowed a smile to cross her lips. "Doctor Gomamov, I don't particularly want you on my table either. It means that the team didn't run as efficiently as we can. That being said, it speaks well that we both managed to survive you being on my table."

She pauses a moment, considering her words carefully.

She tilts her head to the side, "I understand the contempt that certain civilians show towards the military. In some ways, it shows that we're doing our jobs that you're not spending your lives in pain and suffering, wondering when the Raptors of the Impies are going to shove their boots down on your throat for daring to look up at them."

She pauses another moment, a brief grin, "I look forward to reading more of your reports on the weaponization of the lagamorpha felis mentalis you encountered on your last mission."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby timothy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

He nods as he looks over his new team member.

"Nice to meet you, Lieutenant. Welcome to Team Tiger."

The cheer in his words covers his slight apprehension. The new sawbones was, at least, military, but junior officers were always chancy. Hopefully this one wouldn't require as much hand-holding as the last couple of shavetails he'd worked with...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm

"Is that so? Predictable and, of course, limited, point of view. I wouldn't expect less from a fine product of our military. I'm yet to be disappointed so far; every member of Team Tiger has shown the finest mental tuning only the Military can impair. You'll have a blast. " Ivan said. "I had a few, they hurt." he adds with a smile. "Regarding the hive minded, so called intelligent mammals, (for which there is no actual scientific name, but thank you for the contribution) I don't think there's weaponization to be done with them, specially if they are intelligent. Remember we are the ones fighting the tyrants, slaving them and using them as a weapon wouldn't be the most morally correct thing to do. As I have already declared in a communication to the scientific committee, leaving them in their home planet is by far the most parsimonious and beneficial course of action. I do have schematics for new cutting edge particle acceleration portable devices. I can show you if you want."
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Garfield

Garfield paused a moment as she watched the Doctor a moment, wondering what it meant this kind of poisonous sedition was tolerated upon the ship, not in front of the XO, but in front of a complete stranger..

She turns back with a smile towards Carstairs, another tip of her head. Her stand rigid even at relaxation, having a hard time slipping into a casual slouch. "Thank you for the kind invitation sir, glad to be here. I've heard good things about your team." She pauses, "Standing tradition in my last few assignments was that new guy paid for the first round. You mind letting me continue on the tradition?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

Back in the ready room Simon's face was scrunched up tight, as if puckered by the ultimate sour confectionary a culinary gastronomist could conceive. While his face was on the verge of imploding he's jaw worked, as if shallowly chewing at something. This didn't occur until he entered the room. Simon remained in this state, forced into silence until he eventually managed to stretch his jaw out, hi mouth agape for a moment. After this effort his face finally relaxed.

"The Imperials are our allies."

Were the first words out of his mouth. While he spoke his right hand reached into a pocket and pulled out a rectangular plastic container. This he opened and revealing a horde of white granular cubes: sugar. Pinching one between his fingers he tossed it into his mouth and rolled it around with his tongue before shooting Garfield a dirty look when she talked about weaponizing the bunny cats.

The expression disappeared, and Simon seemed to forget the new member of the team as he stared at something that wasn't perched on her left shoulder. A second later he took a few steps closer to Garfield and extended a hand, his index finger poking at the spot he'd been looking at over her shoulder.
Last edited by Sakuro on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael yawned, "Great, new meat." The ex-convict muttered under his breath. He took a quick peak with his x-ray vision. Suddenly she mentioned buying a round. That combined with the Sarg buying booze... This might not suck so bad after all.

The private fidgted as he stood in the back, rule number one for a low ringer in a high ringer office, keep mouth shut.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:17 am

Commander Azarova smiled at the interplay among Team Tiger. Strike teams were traditionally non standard- the effective ones at least. It was that same eclectic relationship that had allowed Captain Kim to pull their old strike team's fat out of the proverbial fire on more than one occasion when she was just a wet behind the ears A.J. Squared the F&#k Away 90 Day Wonder.

"Well, I'll leave you to handle the rounds, Sergeant and Lieutenant. I believe the last shuttle planet-side today leaves in 45 minutes. I trust you're all ship shape and squared away,"
she said leaving the room trying not to chuckle.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room