Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby cobalt-blue » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:42 pm

The dustoff from the planet with smooth. As the shuttle took off and raptor ship slowly shrank through the viewport, Team Tiger could see where bunny cats were pouring out of hull and disappearing into the forest and the planet's primary slowly rose over the mountains.

As the shuttle approached the Koffi Anan there appeared places on its hull where it appeared that there had been a fire, and a few places where there had been explosive decompression. In the recovery bay, there were the burned out hulks of several assault shuttles, and the bulkheads were riddled with holes from rail gun fire.

As they disembarked, each of the team members noted that the ship's marines were posted at all access points. The ship's XO was waiting on them. "Get a shower, a hot meal, and then meet me in your ready room. We're currently underway for the Confederation of Non Aligned Worlds for repairs and replacement crew. It's been a fight up here."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Re: TU Elites: Shore Leave!

Postby Sakuro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Simon Lang
HP: 2
Cnd: Fatiuged

During the trip back to the Koffi Annan Simon didn't do much more than stare at the wall opposite him. His eyes were unfocused, but his body was ridged. When the hatch opened the telepath disembarked, shambling out of the shuttle like a zombie. Wherever his mind was, his body seemed to be on autopilot. It paused when the XO gave them directions, then proceeded the post mission ritual. Cleaning. Eating. Changing attire. Storing weapons. Reporting to the ready room where he crumpled into a seat like a puppet with it's strings cut. It was all done mechanically.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:20 am

"It has been a fight down there too. We were unable to secure a fold drive, but we have the raptor's ship database, as well as some interesting samples, both of raptor blood for some genetics and of the psycrystal they used to amplify their mental abilities. I'll see what I can work out as we move for repairs." The scientist explained. After that he disappeared from sight; he was fleetingly seen running from some place to the other, carrying schematics and complicated looking trinkets.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Hound » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 am

Michael Hayes
HP: 1

Michael as usual was avoided on ship. Hardly something he could blame people for. Most seemed to think his head would explode the moment he got near them. Such an unpleasent thought, after all cleaning grey matter out of a uniform is very difficult.

Regardless of feeling isolated, Michael strolled through the halls as if he were king of the castle. He couldn't let others bring him down. He quickly found his room, the smallest of the small. It had no decorations, no personal belongings. The only things Michael owned were his weapons and gear.

With a sigh he disrobed and took a shower.

'Maybe I'll go find that chick with the big boobs again... thank you "The Universe" for x-ray vision.'
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:37 am

After their shower and the hot meals in the galley, Team Tiger made its way to the briefing room. Once again, Commander Azarova was leading the debriefing. She looked much more the worse for wear than when the team last saw her. Her uniform had small scorch marks on it, and was torn at the shoulder. She frowned as Carstairs, Lang, Gammamov, and Hayes entered the small room. "Two members lost on the mission including the medic. We didn't get the fold drive, but we got the raptors' memory core, and managed to rescue an Imperial Citizen. That at least will keep our political officer happy."
OOC- I'm simply counting the players that dropped out as having died somewhere on the mission.

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed, "Up here we've had a mess. About half the crew started destroying and damaging critical systems aboard the Koffi Anan. About two thirds of what was left could barely move. If it hadn't been for the young Imperial shielding the command crew, I don't think we'd have made it. Still, the mission seems to not have been a total loss."

Sitting down, Azarova appeared to relish the small act as if it were something she hadn't done for hours. She sipped a cup of something that smelled suspiciously like REAL coffee and smiled. "Now I'd like to hear your impressions of what happened to down there. I'd also like to hear more about the bunny cats. Do you think they're really intelligent? That would be a major scientific find." For a military officer, that comment seemed somewhat out of place.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:00 pm

"Not more intelligent than an ant hive. It's strange to us since they are mammals and not insects. But there are other true social mammals, even on Earth. I don't think they are a mayor breakthrough, however taxonomic studies and genetic bar coding of this planet's biosphere is still pending on the scientific agenda. Now to really important scientific findings throughout our mission I can point out a few: I have sampled a raptor's corpse; and I mean properly, not like military 'scientists' do, no offence, but that's just crappy work." Ivan said, making the quotation marks around scientist with his fingers. "I'm already designing a series of retro viruses to manipulate raptor's DNA; I can speculate that I'll be able to generate physical enhancers from these." Ivan makes a pause, shifting his fingers on his portable console, to display complicated genomic structures and notes on a hologram above him. "Additionally I've sampled materials from the ship, very interesting findings indeed. Although the schematics do have great value themselves they won't tell us how these ships are built, but the material samples might put more pieces on our puzzles." More images are displayed, of the different materials Ivan collected. There's also bulletpoints, like the water transmitted power and the wireless energy feeding. "I'd have liked to find other reele terminals, but such is life. I think we might get a blurry picture of how their shields work. I managed to disrupt one, but of course it was a much weaker, anti-personal version. Their ship's shields and the crab's shields ought to be more potent and complex." he concludes.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Simon Lang

Simon remained slumped and slouched in his chair. But as he began to speak he stretched out his right and, index finger extended, and began drawing pictures in the air.

"The Raptors are a religious people. They believe in an afterlife and have Gods. When I asked the cause of the conflict between our races the draconic Raptor stated that Gods were the reason."

"They are organized into clans, and things like glory and honor appear to mean a great deal to them. They will fight for the glory of their clan, even if their death is assured. The Raptor military method does not seem too dissimilar from our own, however."

"Psionics are integrated into their society and they have found ways to not only combine the potential of multiple psychics, but augment psionic potential through noninvasive crystalline technology. In fact, we were not able to return with a fold drive, because the entire vessel was one psionic amplifier designed for folding space. Psychics are used for transport as well as invasive attack and control techniques. They also employ a method of blocking psionic detection in their crafts. I feel looking into this technology should be a priority if the Union wishes to protect itself against psychic assault in the future."

The telepath paused a moment to blink a few times. Something he hadn't done in a while. By now he was beginning to slide down of his seat due to the awkward position he sat in. Yet he didn't correct this slow and eventual collapse to the floor. Or maybe he couldn't. As if it were too heavy for him to hol dup anymore, Simon's arm flopped down into his lap under it's own limp weight.

"The bunny-cats have a strong pack psychology, close to that of ants. Very organized and extremely well coordinated. They are intelligent and were able to grasp concepts quickly and work with us in combating the raptors with surprising adaptation. This is likely in part due to their pack nature. They're use to working as a group. The species may be sentient. Either a developing sentience, or one that is more alien than humans are accustomed to."

"The bunny-cats were also the ones to initiate first contact. I may have approached them, but they spoke to me. The species is telepathic, but to what extent I am unsure. Gale, the young woman we rescued, informs me that there are several telepathic species within the empire. With felines having a high tendency towards psionics."

"We witnessed the bunny-cats subduing large reptiles many times their size. They favor waiting till night, when it is cold, and their favored prey is more lethargic. This is in part why they did not attack us. They didn't see us as prey. But they perceived the Raptors to be due to their cold blooded nature. But even with their advanced arms and armor the Raptors couldn't stand against them. It took the same psychic who threw the Koffi Annan, amplified by the psi-crystal, to hold them at bay."

"Of further significance, the bunny-cat's have opposable thumbs. This means they have the potential to use tools. Whether they are sentient or animals possessed of a high order of intellect it would be beneficial to befriend them. Aside from acting as well organized shock troops that like to eat Raptors, imagine if they learned to build with their numbers and degree of coordination."

... and just before Simon were about to fall out of his chair and onto the floor his limbs twitched, his brow furrowed, and he seemed to will himself to pull himself back into a more stable posture on the piece of furniture. But it seemed to be a laborious ordeal for something so simple. He took a moment to collect himself before going on.

"During my conversation with Gale I learned that their ship had a mind. This is likely more than a computer AI, and perhaps something similar to an intelligent, yet possessed of less raw force, version the Raptor psi-crystal. She stated that it protected her helped her connect to an Imperial Song. Amidst this son Gale was able to conceal herself against the Raptor psionic detection. It made her appear as one amongst many. Like hiding in a crowd of minds. She also informed me that it was broadcast via satellites in Imperial space."
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Michael Hayes

The young man coughed when the two were done with their speeches, "I'm just a grunt. I have nothing I can add beyond what they have said. If you want to know how many shells I fired, or how many raptor brains I splatter, sure I can tell you. But beyond that... I got nothin' of value to say."

Michael smiled as he finished speaking, once again thanking the Universe for his special gifts, and the well built woman before him.
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby timothy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 am

Carstairs
HP - 1
Luck - 3
Condition - uninjured

"I included my tactical notes in the after-mission report.

"Primary concern is their strategic and tactical uses of psionics. The capabilities they've displayed put us at a severe disadvantage.

"We left the ship intact, except for the psi-crystal, for intelligence to study. There are also weapons, vehicles and remains for analysis."

His eyes quickly sweep the team.

"I'd like to reccomend Lang and Hayes for commendations based upon their performance. I'd
also like to request planet-side leave at the next available port. I also believe that, in the interest of both diplomatic and intelligence operations, it would be helpful if the Imperial were to be given a daypass to accompany Lang on an outing."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Commander Azarova listened to each of the team's reports, even Hayes' report about how many rounds he fired and how many brains he splattered. "I'm sure the xeno-biology department would be interested in more information of the bunny-cats." She stopped for a moment and seemed to consider something and then asked with a slight grin, "Do you think we could come up with a better name than bunny-cats. I don't think the scientist types in XB are likely to take them seriously with a name like that."

"As for the Imperial girl. We've sent slipstream message to the CNW to try and turn her over to them. I am concerned with having a Thulian psi on a Union military vessel. I understand that she's only a girl, but the sooner we get her safely into the hands of her own people, the better. However, if you can find out anything more about this ship's mind it would be helpful. Because of that, I'm inclined to grant you leave on Nova Caledonii Four. We're putting into the star port there for repairs, and hopefully rendezvous with a Thulian ship to get her back to her own people."

Turning back to Carstairs, she smiled and said, "Noted. Fill out the paperwork and I'll give it to the Captain. I think once he views your debriefing he'll be inclined to sign it and send it on to sector HQ."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Simon Lang

XO wrote:"Do you think we could come up with a better name than bunny-cats.

"Edenites."

Simon offered as soon at the sentence had ended. He was probably ready for that to come up at some point.
XO wrote:I am concerned with having a Thulian psi on a Union military vessel.

Simon was quick to comment on this. Rising to the defense of the little girl, he refrained from actual arguing and instead drew attention to Gale's character.

"She helped save this ship and has been very open. Gale may even get into trouble for what she has told us."

He didn't say much more, and just stared at the empty space above Commander Azarova's head. His head swaying and lolling about as though it were difficult for him to hold up.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Ivan Gomamov.

Postby Evolución » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:35 pm

"Are you suggestion we don't give her back? Are you aware of the potential repercussions?" Ivan inquires.
Evolución
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Simon Lang

"I am pointing out that Gale has proven trust worthy."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Hound » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Michael Hayes

"The child is a human being, no matter where she comes from. Normally I would say she should choose where she goes, but she is, as I just stated, a child. She should be returned to her own people, she may have family that can raise her." Michael paused for a moment, "That said, she has told us plenty, and I believe we owe her something."

Michael frowned, "Lang thinks they might hurt her... I don't think that would happen... but it troubles me that there may be a slim chance of it being true."
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Sakuro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Simon Lang

Michael wrote:... she may have family that can raise her.

Simon's lips curved downward into a frown when Michael commented on Gale's family ties. But otherwise he seemed to be off in his own world, staring at things that weren't there and on the verge of collapsing under some unseen pressure.

"Gale's family died along with the rest of Imperial ship's crew."
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Next

Return to M&M Game Room