Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

There's a Crisis at Crusader Citadel (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: There's a Crisis at Crusader Citadel (IC)

Postby hero4hire » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Harmon Building, Downtown

The reporter blinked twice at the abrupt departure of Black Blade and continued to wrap up her live shot.
Blade could hear "...this is Jessica Anderson, WCTV, at the Crusader Citadel. Now back to you Ed." She then gazed at the group of gathered heroes through the Lobby Windows as if taking in their measure. She doesn't approach, but neither does it look like she is going anywhere soon. Just...watching.

Meanwhile US Steel began to monitor Police Band Radio dispatches. He determines that there is an All Points aon the lookout for any of the Crushers. Units seem to be reporting back to a "Detective Broyko."
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:12 pm

The Black Blade

"I am not content to stand around here all day." Black Blade looked back toward the reporter. He wasn't sure how he felt about reporters...she might know something, but she might also want to know something...about him.

"What are the police up to?" So far he'd been avoiding interacting with the cops, but it looked like since his meeting with Enforcer, he was coming in out of the cold....
Last edited by badpenny on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby ClassDunce » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm

U.S Steel - Matt Brubaker

Black Blade wrote:"What are the police up to?"

"They don't have a lot so far." Matt answered as he listened to the police band. "Just an all points bulletin right now letting every officer know that Detective Broyko is the Officer in charge."

One of the names of the Crushers sounded familiar to Matt. The FIST was mentioned in some of the files back on drives in Coen's lab but he couldn't really recall if the information would be of any use to them. It may have just been armor spec's since he a power armored criminal. "Maybe we should find Detective Broyko and see if he has a lead we can work with." He looked at the others. "I can probably carry two people but it won't be comfortable."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:23 pm

G-Factor

"I don't fly, but I can probably get there on my own."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am

The Crucible
John Carmichael
HP = 1, Cond = Fine

When Steel and G-Factor put out some concern about how the group is going to travel together, Crucible snaps out of his reverie. "I think I can help there".

He walks outside and points his hand at the road. A burst of energy springs forth and in the blink of an eye a large vehicle, sleek and powerful looking, bursts into existence. The van is a deep black, emblazoned with a large purple 'C', and slightly reminiscent of an Escalade. John hops into the drivers seat and pulls the vehicle up to the door of the building.

"We going to do this thing?"
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby ZamuelNow » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Soul Fist

The situation with the invitations would have to wait if there was villainous presence. Upon seeing The Crucible's vehicle, it seemed like at least the transportation would be covered. The car's make and model seemed a bit extravagant for Tyrone's tastes but it was better than walking."Well, it seems like we have something for those lacking aerial advantage. We may want to ride in together as we meet this detective and then split up once everyone has more information. I'm ready if you are."
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby hero4hire » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Campaign City Police Department

Either by their own power or by the "Crucivan" created by Crucible, the heroes make their way to the CCPD; a modern looking building of glass and steel juxtaposed by the venerable City Hall just across the street.

The Front Desk Sergeant quickly sent the assembled heroes parading in to Broyko's office on the fifth floor. By the time the heroes reach the floor, a tall man in his 30s with prematurely grey hair is there to meet them at the elevator doors.

"Thank you for coming. I am Detective Victor Broyko."
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:55 am

The Black Blade

"Seems like you have a Crushers problem. We're here to help," The Black Blade said. "What are we up against?"
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:45 pm

A mix of relief and embarassment washed over Broyko's face. "Indeed we do. I am glad you are here. We just don't have the gear to deal with the Crushers and with no way to get hold of the Crusaders I was thinking I might have to call in C.H.E.S.S. to help." he waved the heroes to follow him into a medium sized briefing room. Once inside he turned to face the costumed adventurers. "Okay...Before I release any information to you. Can you give any assurances to me that I can trust you?"
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby ZamuelNow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Soul Fist

"Trust is quite a delicate thing. Difficult to earn yet easy to lose. I would say that the best way to trust us would be to give us a chance to prove ourselves. I'm sure most villains would have ambushed you already once they got you in close quarters and you obviously have been around long enough to know how to judge someone's character." Soul Fist extends his hand towards Detective Broyko for a hand shake. "We would be more than glad to aid you in the fight against evil, just give us that chance."

OOC wrote:Persuasion: 1d20+11=17
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby kenseido » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 pm

G-Factor

"I believe the fine detective is concerned with our ability to keep our mouths shut about anything he might tell us. Sir, you don't know us, but I promise you anything you might share with us will not be divulged by me to anyone. I grew up in a small town, and my mother raised me with proper values. I always keep my word."

Team check on Persuasion: 1d20+6=7
Sigh.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Crucible
John Carmichael
HP = 1, Cond = Fine

John shrugs his shoulders as the detective asks the questions, which the others answer first. "Detective, we're men in masks so I it's tough to give you an assurance that any normal man would accept". He sits down on one of the chairs in the room, leaning back casually. "What I can tell you, though, is that John Carmichael is a good friend of mine and I'm sure if the boys in your Fraud Squad were to get in touch with him he'd absolute vouchsafe my name. If that's good enough for you then I assure you he'd stand with these men too"
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room