Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

There's a Crisis at Crusader Citadel (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: There's a Crisis at Crusader Citadel (IC)

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am

U.S Steel - Matt Brubaker
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: Fine

If anyone could see Matt's face they would've saw an eyebrow raised at the recording. If an actual emergency had came up they wouldn't have had time to contact all the people, more than he had thought would be there, in the lobby ahead of time.

Black Blade wrote:"Let's see if this phone gets us any further along in the application process. I'm assuming that's why you're here?"

He nodded a yes and then introduced himself even if everyone should recognize the armor. It was an older version that Eli hadn't worn for nearly fifteen years but still recognizable. "U.S Steel."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Millennium » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 pm

The Crucible
John Carmichael
HP = 1, Condition = Concerned

John strolled into the lobby after the others, watching the grim black figure press the button for the lift. <well let's see where this goes>. When the message plays and the others begin introductions, John's mind begins to turn over with concern. He thinks about his home, his museum and everything his accountant-esrtwhile-saviour-of-the-world father taught him about the way men treat each other.

"I may be a lunatic dressed in a purple onesie" he says to the lobby in general, "But this is... off. If you invite someone to your office to discuss hiring them, you don't leave unless it's an emergency, and if it's an emergency why would your out-of-office message be a nice 'Hey Chaps, off running errands see you soon!"?. His eyes begin scanning the area, looking for anything that might be out of place. "Colour me paranoid but I'd expect the message to be something along the lines of "The Crusaders are responding to a crisis situation, if they are required please contact the authorities".

He brings his eyes back down to the group, giving a wry smile which he forgets is hidden under his mask. "The name's Crucible by the way"
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby badpenny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:18 pm

The Black Blade

The Black Blade stared at the red phone a moment, then turned his head to look back at the elevator to see if it was going to open. "This is odd."

To the assembled heroes, he said, "I'm with Crucible; something's not right here." This felt wrong, not like a test of some sort.

"What do you guys wanna do? TEACHER's running interference it seems...."
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 pm

G-Factor

Jacob looked sheepishly at the others. There is somethign they were all missing.

"Well what do you want to do? If they really are on an emergency call, they wouldn't want us doing anything crazy like breaking in."
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ZamuelNow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Soul Fist

The whole situation seemed a little off to Tyrone. Inviting someone and then ignoring them seemed...inhospitable. Yet, life was full of tests and trials. Perhaps the group was too quickly trying to find out the answer without first figuring out the question. If this was a test of some sort, maybe a question was the answer.

Soul Fist calmly walked over to the red phone and picked it up. After listening to TEACHER's prompt he asked his question. "Hello, this is Soul Fist. I and several others were invited here to join the Crusaders in their battle against evil. Seeing that an emergency has struck, how can we help them?"
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby hero4hire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:32 pm

As the heroes introduce themselves and speculate as to the strange behavior of the City's resident superteam a news van pulls up in front of the Harmon building. The markings on its side say "WCTV Live Action News" and an attractive woman emerges from the van and a small news crew begins to set up for a live feed.
The woman points to the heroes and says something to one of her crew. The man, while young, sports a shaggy beard, long unkempt hair, and is wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt. He walks inside towards the group of you.
"Hey super-dudes! Can you guys like...hang out for a bit? Boss-lady wants to interview you."
Last edited by hero4hire on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 pm

G-Factor

"I think we are going to need to know why we are being interviewed before we can agree to that?"
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hero4hire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 pm

kenseido wrote:G-Factor

"I think we are going to need to know why we are being interviewed before we can agree to that?"

The hippy cameraman shrugged his shoulders non-commitally. "Dunno man! Jessica kinda digs interviewin you hero-dudes. Kinda her thing Man..."
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm

G-Factor

"Then the answer is 'No.' We're too busy for this."

He turns back to the other heroes, specifically turning his back towards the man.

"Okay, so how many fliers?"
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm

The Black Blade

The Black Blade strides outside and confronts the reporter. "What are you doing here? And why right now?"

This isn't a coincidence, Lance thought.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby hero4hire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:22 pm

badpenny wrote:The Black Blade

The Black Blade strides outside and confronts the reporter. "What are you doing here? And why right now?"

This isn't a coincidence, Lance thought.

Unflappable the reporter holds up a hand to Black Blade and signals a nearby crewman holding a camera. The light goes on signalling he is filming...probably live!
"I am here in front of the Harmon Building, Ed, and all seems unnaturally peaceful. For all the Crusaders are out of town once again, and neither the roar of their mini space-shuttle nor the sounds of superpowered conflict have been heard here in Campaign City for almost a week. But this is not because the city is peaceful; rather, it signals the go-ahead for the most terrifying crimewave ever to sweep this metropolis.
"The Crushers, longtime foes of the Crusaders, prance almost unopposed through our fair community. Already they have assaulted and nearly demolished two businesses dealing in high-technology, carting off truckloads of components to an unknown destination for some unguessable purpose.
"The police have been unable to stop this band of marauders, said to consist of five known Crushers: the armored FIST, the brutish Bull, the Shrew, the Vulture, and the Mercury Mercenary better known as 'Merc'.
"No other Crushers have been seen at these break-ins, but at least four other known Crushers are believed to be on the loose, including the Mocker, their primary mastermind.
"And the break-ins continue, Detective Victor Broyko of Campaign City police urges calm but admits that without help from the Crusaders or some other superhero group the chances of finally ending this rampage are minimal. Where are you Crusaders? The city needs you.
"As you see now I have one of the Crusaders costumed associates." she holds her mic towards Black Blade.
"Tell me sir your name and your intentions on helping the City with this...Crusher Crimewave?"

ooc
We will call this a complication as Blade kinda walked into an interview ambush.
Badpenny get a HP.
Last edited by hero4hire on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hero4hire
Overlord
Overlord

Postby ZamuelNow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Soul Fist

Eyeing the news reporter cautiously and straining to listen, Soul Fist redirected his attention to G-Factor. "I can not fly but I can try to be of assistance as best to my abilities. What exactly did you have in mind?"
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby kenseido » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:32 pm

G-Factor

Jacob looks at Soul Fist. "My plan was to ignore the reporter and not give her any attention at all, thinkling she owuld be forced to tell us what she knows."

He looks outside at the reporter shoving the mic into Black Blade's face. "Not working like I hoped."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby badpenny » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 am

The Black Blade
Condition: normal
HP: 2, Luck: 1

Well, that was interesting, Lance thought, listening to the reporter. He hadn't known any of that. And if things were coming to a head, it made sense a reporter would be investigating. Though he didn't know whether she was shooting fluff, or she was someone serious--who might be trusted to aid them. That question would remain until another time.

"I am the Black Blade," he said. "The People should know the Crusaders have contacted us to help defend the City." He should probably keep it simple and direct.

"The Crushers will be caught and jailed. That is all." He turned and his cape swirled behind him. He returned to the lobby and related what he had learned to the others.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby ClassDunce » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am

U.S Steel - Matt Brubaker

"I can fly," U.S Steel replied, "and carrying someone else with me shouldn't be a problem."

Matt turned his back on the reporter as she made her appearance he wasn't anywhere near ready to be dealing with the press. He had to do enough of that after Eli died and he was made the mysterious heir to his fortune. After the Black Blade returned and relayed what the reporter had said Matt stepped in closer with the others almost as if he was expecting everyone to huddle up.

"If the Crusaders are really out of town right now then there's no one else but us to stop the Crushers." His voice came out with an electronic tinge as it was transmitted through the external speakers of the armor. "I'll start monitoring the police bands to see if I can learn something about what's going on. Maybe we'll get lucky and make it to a crime in progress."
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room