Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[3e] This Broken Earth [recruiting]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [3e] This Broken Earth [recruiting]

Postby CelticREI » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm

I'd probably make his mail into a Device, the Protection 3 isn't anything special, but Impervious 5 (Really almost any Impervious) is edgy, at least in my opinion. Also in doing so it makes it harder to lose that protection as remember that equipment can be 'taken away' in the form of plot and story without giving any HP to offset it, the price of being able to buy it so cheap, it'll come back eventually, but ye would probably really gain mileage off that point into Immortality during the time ye are without armor. Another thing ye might want to look into is the Immortality power, isn't rank 1 like 2 weeks it'll take to come back?
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah...I wanted to role play it as having to navigate his way back from the spirit world back to reality and wake up. It's a bit like taking a holiday. Die, spend sometime in heaven, than come back to life again after two weeks. :)

Also, as to the whole changing them to devices...well, then I would be a bit strapped for points, and I'm loathe to lower my PL for them, since that would mean having lower dodge and attack rolls. I pictured him as having the whole, moves fast, hits a hundred times with average strength to crush my enemies. the fact that I have a high attack bonus and the multiattack bonus allows me to play off that bit really well, and i'd rather like to keep my PL 8.

If I do convert to devices, they would look a bit like this:
Mithril Mail 6PP
Protection 3 [flaws: Removable; feats: Impervious 5]
which is different from 8ep which i can get for 2PP

Swords 16PP
Damage 10 [extras: Multiattack; feats: Penetrating 5, Split]
which is different from the 16 ep I get from 4PP
that way, with 5PP, I get both as equipment, rather than 22 PP from which i get them as devices...

Any other way to get the numbers to work in my favor? Cuz right now, I need those for my char to work, and the revelation that i won't get HP for losing equipment(i generally never use the equipment feat) is kinda worrying. any thoughts?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby CelticREI » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:55 pm

One way I have done is by splitting them into two different things, a mundane equipment and an 'enchanted' item.

Device: Scales of Sarla
(Defense) Bonus: Impervious Toughness 6 (Limited: only grants Impervious up to current equipment ranks of Protection) (3pp)

Equipment: Elven Armor
Protection 6 (6ep/2pp)
Then lower whatever ye had upping your toughness so those 6 ranks takes ye to cap (as it was only 3 protection before that should free up 3pp (or 6 if it was based on Con)

Or ye could always have the Impervious as part of an Array, 'losing' offensive abilities to gain larger defensive ones (So he isn't using any special attacks, but because he is now 'actively' dodging and parrying, he is harder to hurt), that there would only cost 1pp as an AP.

Likewise for the special stuff on the swords, ye could easily have them inside an AP that has either Drawback or Limited (depending on how much it hinders ye) "Requires Sword" or "Only adds rank up to Equipment rank" (Thus even if ye bought Autofire 10, if the sword is only Strike 5 it'd be Autofire 5)

Not only does it save points, but it makes for a more interesting character, having to use strategy in combat (do I go offensive or defensive this round? Do I go for Autofire or Penetrating? etc)
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Interesting. I'll see how I can work that yo my advantage...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:43 am

Is the GM of this still around?
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CelticREI » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 am

flynnarrel wrote:Is the GM of this still around?

Omega Girl on Oct 7th wrote:
flynnarrel wrote:Concept: Shifter-theif.

Good concept and nice complications. am a little wary about the ability to add "Perception" to any ranged attack, but it doesn't fee like a deal-breaker, considering the rest of the build seems balanced.
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*

CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 am

kenmadragon wrote:Well, Glamdris is a wanderer from another world. He is also plagued by wanderlust, so base of operations is out.

I was thinking about this. a magical tent that is bigger on the inside and has many rooms and utility areas could work as a travelling base of operations for a Wanderlust character. I think you've figured something else out though.

Celtic, thanks I didn't note that it was Sunday when OG last posted.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Finished build. App complete, with 119 of 120 PP spent. I will probably spend that 1 p on that magic tent idea flynnarrel had if none of the other players have their own hq/vehicles that Glamdris could use.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Ryan M. Danks » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Is this still happening? I proposed a concept on Sunday and haven't seen the GM since.
Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Harry Ham Bone » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:26 am

What if I played a firebender from "The Legend of Korra"?
Harry Ham Bone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey, is this game still going to happen? Its been some time since the GM has posted here, or anybody for that matter, so I'm curious as to what's up. I sincerely hope this game will happen and Glamdris gets picked, cuz he was fun to make.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room