Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

[3e] This Broken Earth [recruiting]

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: [3e] This Broken Earth [recruiting]

Postby Spectrum » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:25 pm

An odd thought to be sure.. but Hound if you're my captain, can I be your starship?

Also, not sure if Omega is keeping with this idea, but in the original setting, space flight is prohibited by things like big nasty space laaaaazorrrrs from outer spaaaaace!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I still want to know if a militant gummi worm would be a suitable submission...
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I dunno if she'll be willing to go for that, are you willing to go with a militant nightcrawler or gummibear?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Omega Girl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Hound wrote:Arrrg

Presence is such a wasteful stat to take, but I want it to make my captain.

Oh and making a space ship similar to that of firefly or the millenium falcon is expensive!

Arrrrg

Back to the drawing board.

A space ship isn't really appropriate for this game anyway.
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Omega Girl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Lord Fell wrote:I still want to know if a militant gummi worm would be a suitable submission...

The gummi worm part not so much, but there are plenty of alien worms and cephalopods running around, and heavy ordinance to be had :)
Omega Girl
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Hound » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Maybe a smuggler captain who's ship has been stolen, on a quest to find the scumbag who stole it
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Concept: Shifter-theif.

Wally Iverson is not sure how he shifts like he does. Maybe he was born on a ley line dedicated for that sort of thing. He’d heard a mage talking ‘bout that sort o’ stuff but didn’t pay it no mind. The fact that he’d been tryin’ to pick the mage’s pocket had something to do with his not listening.
Wally was always getting in to trouble, an expert thief, but a horrible gambler he always frequented the ‘wrong’ sorts of gambling dens. He was easy to ply with drink and a flirtatious dealer staying far too long, getting deeper and deeper into debt. The gambling den owners exploited this.
They’ve made Wally do things for them to work off his debt. He hasn’t wanted to but he’s in too deep.
Eventually he took a job with the town of Lazlo in order to pay off his debts, or maybe they bought out his indentured servitude, Wally’s not entirely sure, alls he knows is he works for them now.

Abilities [22pp]
Str 2
Sta 4
Dex 0
Agi 4
Fgt 2
Awe 0
Int 0
Pre -1

Advantages[10pp]: Luck, Evasion 2, Improved initiative, Equipment 6

Equipment: Light Armor: Protection 6, immunity: Environmental heat and cold, Helmet: Night Vision Goggles, infrared scanner, Gas Mask, Camera, Electroknuckles: Str-based Damage 4 (ion), Energy blaster (Blast pl7, light)

Skills [27pp]: Sleight of Hand 12(+12), Technology (Bypassing Security Only, 2pp) 8(+8), Expertise: Burglary 5(+5), Perception 8 (+8 ), Insight 1(+1), Stealth 2(+6), Deception 12(+11 ), Expertise: Streetwise 4(+4), Close Combat (Unarmed) 8(+10)

Defenses: [12pp]
Toughness 4Sta+ 6 Armor = 10
Parry 2Fgt +4Wierd space = 6
Dodge 4Agi +2Wierd Space = 6
Will 0Awe +7pp = 7
Fort 4Sta +5pp = 9

Powers:

Weird Space, [15pp]
-Enhanced Dodge 4
-Enhanced Parry 2
-Concealment pr 10 (Blending, Quirk: Still visible)
{Wally Surrounds himself with oddly angled Space that directs incoming attacks at odd angles, he just has to walk more slowly.}

Deflect, Reflect, Redirect, Accurate 3 pr 8, [27pp+1AE+2DAE]
{Wally Opens portals to intercept blows or shots, creating exiting portals anywhere else.}
DAE: Elongation, Subtle 2, Quirk - cannot 'wrap'[no grapple bonus], Permeate 3, pr 8, Indirect 4, Add Perception to any ranged attack, up to pl8, {Wally can reach through spatial skews to pick someone's pocket or manually manipulate an object. In theory he can go a far way but he will most often combine it with his ability to sense far away places which severely limits his range. He can also shoot through portals should he possess a gun.}
DAE: Remote sensing (Sight/Hearing), Simultaneous, Subtle PR 6,
{Wally skews light or sound through very small portals so that it reaches his eyes or ears.}
AE: Teleport, Portal, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Subtle pr 6

Offenses:
initiative: +8
Unarmed, +10, DC 17 Toughness (or DC 21)
Energy Blaster, +0 to hit or potentially Perception, DC22 Energy

Abilities 22+ Skills27 + Advantages10 + Defenses12 + Powers47 = 118
[2 in reserve]

Complications:
Gambling - Wally is addicted to gambling and looks for any way to get a quick score. NOTE: he’s not actually greedy, he likes the things that money can buy but he doesn’t like it just for it’s sake.

Debt - the people Wally owes money to did not forget and are still looking for ways to get him under their thumb.

Hedonistic Vices - Wally likes to drink, he likes to smoke, he likes the ladies.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 pm

I'm kinda enamoured with the notion of a "gummi worm" character. I guess that's primarily a function of aesthetics. If I post a character that's a worm of undefined alien-xenomorphic nature, that just happens to be a semi-opaque pink/orange colour... would that be satisfactory?

Also, I had vaguely thought out the "Heavy Duty Ordnance" "power" thusly...
Damage 8 (+3 Extras, +1 Variable Extras, Flaw: Removable -1) [32pp]
-Basically, I don't define the Extras, but add an additional +1 Extra that allows me to pick those on the fly. So, maybe my worm's default ability is an MDC Storm Bolter: Damage 8 (Ranged, Penetrating 8, Multi-Attack). The scenario shifts, and I've got a roomful of enemies who are in combat with friendlies, switch it up: Damage 8 (Cone Area, Selective, Secondary Effect) -Spray the room down with incendiary smart-bullets. That sort of thing.

Point-wise, I think it's kosher. Rules-wise, I don't know that it's technically legal.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 am

I tried to do the same thing for my elf gunslinger's magic revolvers with Damage 5 linked to Variable 2 (Move action to configure +1). This way you could do not just extras but stuff like afflictions (sleep/stun/poison rounds etc.).
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:51 am

Finished. Please let me know if there's any problems. :)
My stuff • I GM Emerald City Knights, Adventures Assemble! (with kenseido)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Honesty Jones, "Laughs Twice"
Race: Trickster

Once upon a time, there was a coyote that was playing with his best friends, a hare and a skunk, when he heard a twolegger's rifle boom and his mother fell over.

Once upon a time, a coyote stole a twolegger's clothes and oooh shiny boots and walked into a town and was greatly loved. He kissed the girls.. and then kissed the boys.. and stole all the pie! Mmmm, I like pie.

Once upon a time, a coyote came across a strange boy sitting on a stump that refused to speak with him. The coyote got so angry at the little boy that he huffed and puffed and punched him! And got stuck. Coyote didn't like this much so punched him again! And got more stuck. Well, Coyote might be wiley, but he wasn't very smart so he kept punching until he got totally trapped by the clever trick of a boy made of tar.

Once upon a time, a coyote (a young horribly curious) coyote came across a tall two legger who spoke to him- in coyote! He learned of many wonderful things and that he was a very special coyote- he could turn into a two legger too! Well, this made the young coyote very happy because that meant that he had thumbs. And the reason that the two leggers were powerful was that they had thumbs, and wanted he wanted to be powerful too. But before the man left, coyote was tasked with a difficult task- he would need to lead a life worth telling stories about.

Complications:

Many of his complications can be summed up in needing to lead a life worth telling stories about.. even if they're not particularly true. The biggest challenges, the most desirable mates, the biggest tall tales are a constant source of amusement and trouble.

Trickster's Laws (p 131-132 of Changing Breeds)
Let a Fool Die a Fool’s Death
Teach Those Who Need Teaching a Proper Lesson
Always Prank the Wyrm
Be Subtle
Respect Luna
Think, Then Act

PL 7, 120 build points
Attributes 40
Saves 14
Abilities 29
Advantages 16
Powers 21
Total 120

Attributes (40 pp)
STR 0
STA 4
AGL 10
DEX 0
FGT 0
INT 0
AWE 6
PRE 0

Saves (14 pp)
Dodge 10
Fort 8
Parry 10
Toughness 4
Will 6

Skills (29+1)
Acrobatics 14
Close Combat: Grappling 7 (Enhanced, subtle applied)
Deception 17
Insight 6
Perception 6
Persuasion 14
Sleight of Hand 13
Stealth 13

Advantages (18+1)
Attractive 2 (+ variable effect 1 "Contrary"), Daze: Deception, Defensive Attack, Fascinate: Deception, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, language: Coyote, Luck 3, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Taunt, Uncanny Dodge,

Powers (24-3)

"Belly crawler" Movement: slithering, trackless (4 pp)

"Form of.. Coyote!" Morph: 1, form: coyote (5pp)

"Sneak thief" move object 1, perception range, precise, subtle (5 pp)

"Squirmy" Elongation 1 (normal) + 6 (only for grappling) (4 pp)

Features (4 pp):
"Contrary" Variable descriptor on attractive
"Light as a feather" Subtle on grappling
"Mating call" Mimicry
"Tricky Fella" Use trick as a move action
"Where'd he go?" Immunity entrapment, requires free action, side effect: looses clothing/fur
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Hey there

I'm gonna drop my interest from this one - not because I don't like the notion (it rocks!) but more because I find you have a number of more genre specific characters than mine and I am currently in two other games...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Are applications still open?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hound » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:17 am

hmmmm new idea

Post Apocolyptic....

If I follow Fall Out... I should be a salvager!

With robot minions!
"Whats wrong? You came here expecting to fight a madman, and instead found a god!?"
My Characters
Hound
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:28 am

I think I'm gonna skip this one too.

I don't think "Numi the Gummi Terror" is what Omega Girl is looking for, exactly... so I probably wouldn't make the cut anyways. Also, as much as it feels like I don't have enough to do on ATT, I keep forgetting I'm in six games and running a seventh.

I should leave some spots for someone else for a change. :roll:
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room