Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3E Time of Crisis OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: 3E Time of Crisis Recruiting closed

Postby Ysariel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 pm

When the battle starts, someone should make a comment to the effect of "who do you think you are, Ocean's Eleven?" at the villains. :d

I would do it myself but warp's probably too young to have watched that movie when it came out. :)
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby levinwurth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 am

That person almost certainly wouldn't be Fletch, his humour tends to run more towards the black. :)
Active Characters

3E Time of Crisis - Fletch
Destiny: Origins - Sean
Assorted Character Builds
levinwurth
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Well, all the PCs are likely too young to have seen the original movie come out.

While Huckster probably derides the remake for no good reason as only older people can do.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Init (1d20+2=5)

Really? REALLY?!?

Tell me, Invisible Castle, what have I ever done to offend you !?
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:30 pm

For future reference, you don't need to roll both here and in the IC thread. Just the IC thread is fine.

And better a lousy initiative roll than a bad toughness save.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes, let's get all the 1's and 2's out of the way now! :lol:
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Ysariel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:39 pm

You know, speaking of toughness saves...

Has anyone ever seen a PC knocked out? The way the rulebook (the 2e one especially) put it, the heroes are supposed to fail a few times before confronting the big bad, to build up hero points.

But lurking in a few threads, I've never seen that dynamic. I can't remember a single case of a PC coming close to losing in combat.
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Arthur Eld » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:44 pm

You should talk to Kreuzritter. Poor guy's been incapacitated twice in as many fights.

And I've seen it happen a bunch in Crinos' campaign.

But, generally speaking, 'The PCs fail to stop the bad guy' isn't the same as 'all the PCs get beaten up.' It could be just as simple as a plot device that lets the villain get away with a component to build his world-eater, or something that lands the PCs in his deathtrap that leaves them powerless and with only their wits and each other to escape with.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby baixiwei » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Ysariel wrote:You know, speaking of toughness saves...

Has anyone ever seen a PC knocked out? The way the rulebook (the 2e one especially) put it, the heroes are supposed to fail a few times before confronting the big bad, to build up hero points.

But lurking in a few threads, I've never seen that dynamic. I can't remember a single case of a PC coming close to losing in combat.

I think you have a good chance of seeing it in another game I know of ... :twisted:
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.
baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:For future reference, you don't need to roll both here and in the IC thread. Just the IC thread is fine.

And better a lousy initiative roll than a bad toughness save.

Actually, I only posted here to complain. :mrgreen:

But true enough about the Toughness save....
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ysariel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 am

baixiwei wrote:I think you have a good chance of seeing it in another game I know of ... :twisted:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ysariel
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am

If required I will roll initiative, but since my action wasn't resolved, I will assume my initiative from my IC post still stands ...

Just give me a heads up and I will get up the roll.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 pm

No, that's fine, Zen. I'm going to keep your initiative and have your action go in the order listed. OF course, you do still have a move action to use if you so desire.

Also, apologizes for the slow posting on my end. Its endemic in all my games lately, and there really isn't any one cause for it (aside from me spending entirely too much time playing X:Com Enemy Unknown). I blame it on maliase and a general sort of 'burnt-out' feeling for M&M that I haven't really been aware of until now. I think it has to do with my building being in a slump-normally I kept a fair pace even when involved in games. Along with other things.

However, I've found that the early stages of a game are usually the slowest, because it takes time for everyone to settle into a comfortable rhythm (not that those always last). But I suspect my out of sortsness will pass and we can crack on at a sharper pace before too long.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

YAY X Com ... though my Steve Rogers just died after getting his Psi Powers ... poor "Cap" ... stupid Terror Zone zombie things!
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:37 pm

You know, if I had the time, I would definitely want to run an X-Com game. Its interesting to me how easily the game corresponds to M&M-the big thing that got my attention was the action economy. You can move once and attack once, or move twice, just like in M&M. Overwatch is just taking the ready action, and sci-fi aliens, future tech, and psychic powers are all easily handled in a supers game.

Plus, the Thin Men are just awesome.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room