Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Aegis Academy - Arc One: A Single Step

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Aegis Academy - Arc One: A Single Step

Postby poodle » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Zephyr
HP 1

"Sorry Mrs Baxter.It is us against them right? Besides, you are proof that you can be a hero by being smarter than your opponents. You pretty much just told us we aren't being marked on just how hard we can hit someone. I guess I am just trying to work out how we can be smarter than our opponents."
cry havoc and let slip the poodles of war
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby bleachfreak247 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 am

"Yes, i suppose you could call it a competition. While we train you to fight and use your powers, only the very best get to go through and become a Hero. Every year the bottom percentile of the Programme will be dropped out and the rest will go on. Of the forty students in the Programme, only a maximum of ten will go on to become Heroes."
She managed a slight smile "Although, if you are dropped out, you can always reapply the following year to try again. So each time you go for the end of year tests, you'll be facing the other teams, but also the other students who failed to make it through.
This year alone this Programme and the Programme in Nevada had to be merged because the third and fourth years in both lost so many students.

Now, about the floor." She points to a kitchenette in the corner, though still more high grade than most would find in their own homes. "The kitchen is there, feel free to cook a light meal if the cafeteria doesn't get your hunger sated. Chores such as cleaning, washing dishes, laundry, all of that can be detirmined amongst yourselves. In my day we used to use the chores as bets on fights and tests.

If theres nothing else, you have a week, feel free to explore. Though if you must go underground, call out Big Blue and where you want to go. The AI assist will guide you." She headed for the door and pauses, looking back

"If you do go underground, be careful. The upper classmen are having a mini-tournament to detirmine combat prowess for the coming year and those fights are.... volatile."
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Cosmic Hunter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:57 am

Fortress
HP:1
Condition: Taking it all in.

Randall sat dead silent. Too used to only speaking when spoken to when an authority figure was around. This was going to be somewhat of a challenge for him, as he had grown accustomed to using his powers at all stages of the day. This level of subtlety he would have to keep track of and keep himself aware of. More of a difficult task than he had originally thought it would be. Especially with all this "competition" business that was floating around the room.
Cosmic Hunter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 am

Manifest
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Warming to the idea ...

Ms. Baxter's smile threw her off, she wasn't used to being accepted. Not since she literally erupted, even her parents, while supportive, were scared of her, of what she could do. It was a surprising change, and it felt. Good.

But as she listened she started to get a little angry. This guy, this Will kid, was acting like he wanted to break into the other dorms, find out their secrets, get into their head, just to win. Win what, a high school sporting event? Seriously?

"Umm, maybe I am misunderstanding things, but aren't all the students here training to be heroes? Doesn't that mean that one day we'll be fighting alongside them? Shouldn't we, you know, get to know them, learn how we can work together." As she continued she stared straight at Will, her back straight, her eyes surging with little orange-yellow flames. "Sure we have team events, but that's like red vs. blue football, it's for training. Practice. Maybe if we want our class to win, we should do it through hard work, training together, and team work. Not head games with the other classes? I mean sure you could find out secrets, and get them off their game, but do NONE of you have secrets you don't want coming out? A little respect for your fellow students please."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby bleachfreak247 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 am

Already there is a slight division of views amongst players. Gold!

Seeing how things were going towards a discussion, Madeline slipped away down the stairs.

For anyone wondering, Maps of the grounds, under and over, and timetables on on desks for everyones room.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby poodle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Zephyr
HP 1
CND: thoughtful

I guess yeah, I hadn't thought of it that way. I mean I didn't care about their personal lives or stuff like that but if we could get a sneak peek at how they do stuff it might help us a little. I don't want to throw an airball at someone only to find out that it is their tank and I get my butt handed to me on a plate. That other stuff about strategies and working together, I guess that makes sense. I've never had a whole bunch of other people I could really rely on.
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Unkabear » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Sarah
SP:1

Sarah nodded. "I think that before we focus on defeating others, that we first need to work on supporting each other. Knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses could offer as much an advantage as knowing our opponents, perhaps more."
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby poodle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Zephyr
HP 1
CND: wary

I don't like getting hit, does that count? I can't fly or lift a car and I don't have x-ray vision.
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby bleachfreak247 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 am

Ladies and germs, i have news

The lights dim and the TV blinks on, Samuel Brent standing before you with the same background as before and looks out at you.

"Everybody, For the next two hours you will be required to leave the living area you are in, look around the grounds and get to know each other and the grounds, above and below ground. The time for you to be out starts.... Now."

Two timers appear, one red counting down from two minutes, the ther blue, with two hours marked out.
bleachfreak247
Disciple
Disciple

Postby poodle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Zephyr
HP 1
CND: alarmed

What the.... Zephyr starts to head for the stairs. "should we stay together?"
Uncle friendly
My builds
Zephyr
Fixxer
poodle
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Unkabear » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Sarah
HP:1

Sarah stood and nodded to the others. "Absolutely"
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Cosmic Hunter » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Fortress
HP: 1
Condition: Startled...Just a little.

Randall's eyes went to and fro as his fellow classmates began to argue amongst themselves. They seemed to all have decent points, especially those two girls, Erica and Sarah. He said their names over a few times in his own mind trying to remember them for later.

Midway into their conversation Randall saw the lights Dim down and an image appear on screen. It was Mr.Brent himself telling them that they should search the grounds...Randall grew a little more nervous though when he saw the timers flash on the screen. He nodded to Will and Sarah and stood straight up. "You three go first, I'll bring up the rear...Just in case." He said with a nod moving towards the staircase ready to ascend when everyone else had.
Cosmic Hunter
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room