Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sunshine City School Days (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Sunshine City School Days (IC)

Postby Unkabear » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Kara
HP:1

Kara is satisfied with the mess. "I think that we need to get cleaned up." Kara said standing up & getting ready to head back to the dorm.
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby RdMarquis » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 am

Nightingale
HP: 5

Julie falls in step with her roommate. "Confession time. I'm kind of lacking in formal education. Fact is, up until this point, I've been home schooled. And I read a lot. So be honest. Is it a little presumptuous of me to think today will be kind of a let down? In comparison to yesterday, I mean." One crowd of people was often the same as another to her.
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Class schedules are as follows
Kara: A
Matter Shifter: B
Bestiary: B
Nightengale: A
Cutting Edge: C
Zee: A
Classes are 1:15 each and split between 2 days. School begins at 8, ends at 2:30 Lunch is between class 2 and 3 and is 1 hour. Electives are chosen individually but 1 must be a music or an art class.
Order A
Day 1
English
History
Elective/ Study Hall
Gym
Day 2
Math
Science
Study Hall/Elective
Language
Order B
Day 1
Science
Elective/Study Hall
English
History
Day 2
Math
Gym
Language
Elective/Study Hall
Order C
Day 1
Science
Gym
Elective/Study Hall
Math
Day 2
Elective/ Study Hall
History
Language
English

The halls are filled with students generally hanging out after the summer of being gone. There are signs up about a club fair happening after school tomorrow, the busses will pick everyone up a half hour late so they can go to that.

Group A
As you enter your first class there are 2 people at the teachers desk. One, an older, rather severe looking man, is sitting down in the chair while the other, a rather attractive young woman stands talking to him.
Everyone make a will save DC 15, if any of you are even slightly attracted to females take a -2. Failure means you are automatically friendly towards her. Anyone attracted gains a minor crush complication.

When everyone sits down he stands and says "Hello, my name is Mr. Marlos, this is my niece and assistant Miss Marlos. Welcome to English 10.

Groups B and C

The science teacher introduces himself as Mr. Philnam. He decided to get right into things by having everybody study an odd rock sample he found over the summer.
Make an investigate or wisdom check and a notice check
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 am

Bestiary
HP: 1
Will: 1d20+7=23

Bestiary doesn't even bat an eye as she enters and sits down. She noticed that there were other people who seemed to be stumbling over themselves. What was up with them?
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Unkabear » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Kara

Kara waits for Zee to go to class, partially to offer a unified front, partially because Zee would be the only one that she knew there. When she entered she decided that she would like the young lady behind the desk, learning that she was Miss Marlos seemed to settle like concrete that she was perhaps going to be her favorite teacher/aide. She took a seat slightly to the right and toward the front, without being in the front row.

Will Save 1d20+5 = 6 whoops, critical fail, I am her best student
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Cosmic Hunter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Matter-Shifter
Condition: Just peachy.

With a deep yawn Oliver made his way out of his bed, took a shower, got dressed, made his way to the bus and walked almost casually (though still lost) through the halls. Science class was first. Fantastic, just the thing that he wanted to deal with on his first day of classes: Science. He hid his silent, personal frustration and angst at the irony that only he seemed to notice. Good, at least the others wouldn't be likely to ask what was wrong.

With a sigh as opposed to a yawn Oliver made his way towards one of the open seats situated in the middle of the room. He took out his notebook and pencil as the teacher began to introduce himself. Oliver looked at the thing curiously, thinking as to what it could be.

Wisdom: 1d20+3= 17
Notice: 1d20+7= 8
Darn it, oh well at least the first roll was good...
Cosmic Hunter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 am

The first week of school is mostly uneventful. There is a clubs fair on the second day and many people join one, it was a good place to meet new people. The movers and shakers in the school so to speak. If there is one thing almost everyone can agree on it is that the sophomore english assistant teacher is rather attractive, though a few seem to distrust her. Other than that it is a lot of meeting and greeting, a bit of normal in your lives of crazy. Things have been a bit more odd at the ranch, as expected. The shadowy thing, now dubbed by all that have seen it as Vent Guy, has been seen a few more times and baffles both staff and students alike. There have been a few powered fights but they were small, and no one was really hurt. It is early in the morning on friday and everyone is getting up.

Ok, hopefully this becomes more like I want it to be. Everyone who has not already please make the will save vs. Attraction and a notice check. Please tell me any clubs you joined, if any, as well.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am

Bestiary

Outdoors Club: hiking, camping, fishing, learning survival skills, observing nature up-close. When Bestiary saw the sign she signed up immediately. Why not spend time doing what she already liked to do?

And she surprised everyone back at the Ranch by also signing on to Gymnastics. To Bestiary it was just good planning: the Outdoors Club was unlikely to travel to the right environments for the sort of acrobatic travel she liked, so she had to get out her urge to climb and swing some other way.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RdMarquis » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:33 am

Nightingale
HP: 5

Of course Julie joined the music club. Why pass up the chance to play in a group? Besides, she was curious if becoming a better musician would have any effect on her powers.

She also had to wonder why people seemed suspicious of Ms. Marlos. Admittedly, looking back on that first day, Julie had to wonder if she hadn't warmed to the assistant teacher a little suddenly. On the other hand, there wasn't anything else (overtly) odd about her.
RdMarquis
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Everyone is preparing for school when an alarm rings out over PA system. "Facility under attack. Facility under attack. All students please remain in your chambers." Yah, like any teenager would listen to that. The sounds of combat can be heard over the PA so it can be assumed that the attack is focused on the administrative section currently.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Unkabear » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Kara
CND: mischievous

Kara looks at Jenna and smiles, "I heard that the facility is under attack, but that last part seemed kinda garbled to me. Do you think that we should lend a hand?"
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:43 am

Bestiary

The announcement made Bestiary's skin start to crawl and feathers and fur emerged: it had been too long since she'd had to fight anything, and the Griffin was getting restless. There was probably no obeying the order to remain inside unless she wanted it to tear the place open.

Feathered wings sprout from her back. Her hands become scaly and grow talons. Her ears become long, pointed, and furred while her hair is replaced by feathers. A lionine tail emerges from the base of her spine as her feet became digigrade and furry. The iris of her eye expanded to the edge as her pupils doubled in size.

It was too narrow to fly in the dorm corridors, so she had to jump out the window, checking all over for the location of the action.
Griffin
* Rending Claws Strike 6 (Mighty; Penetrating 3); Super-Senses 1 (detect poison)
* Tenacity Protection 6; Enhanced Feats (Diehard)
* Eagle Wings Flight 2 [25 MPH]
* Eagle Eyes Super-senses 2 (extended vision 2)
Search: 1d20+10=15
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Cosmic Hunter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:23 am

Matter-Shifter
Condition: Alarmed

Oliver didn't understand why everyone around him was fauning over this Miss Marlos. Sure she was attractive but still not really as stunning as everyone made her out to be. Over the course of the first couple weeks Oliver wondered what clubs if any he should join. Part of him just wanted to remain by himself for as long as he could, but the other part wondered if he should at least make some effort of some sort. Eventually he caved and joined the tennis club and writing club, pretty sure that both of those activities would be a self compromise: He could do things on his own and interact with others. He later learned he was somewhat wrong in that assumption but it was too late to back out now.

As Oliver was preparing for classes he heard the alarm ring out over the PA. Like Hell he was just going to stay in his room and wait for whatever this was to pass. He took a moment to breath and concentrate, almost feeling the chemical reactions occurring within every fiber of his being. After a moment of his concentration he felt his skin and flesh turn to solid metal, he wasn't sure exactly what kind of metal but he knew it would be tough enough to withstand the blows he knew were coming. He ran towards... He wasn't exactly sure where, but he knew what to look for when he got there.

Switching the Matter Shifting Array to Solid Form. Turning solid as a move action and making his way towards the problem.
Cosmic Hunter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Kara

"I think we should," she says with a sly smile, "and I know how to get their quickly." Purple sparks dance over her arms and legs for a second and she easily picks you up, giving you a slight shock of static. "Sorry, never have touched someone while doing this before. A few days ago I found out I could charge my muscles with my electricity, making myself really strong and fast." With that she charges out the door and you quickly reach the administrative offices...

Bestiary

You burst from your window and fly towards the administrative area, knowing Pollen is right next to you by a soft buzzing in your ear...

Matter Shifter

Your roommate already ran to school so you are alone as you head to the offices, reaching there only slightly behind the girls...

The Offices
... The staff are fighting off an invasion of what look like animals, if animals were made out of plants. The creatures are made from vines, leaves, wood, and flowers all sculpted into the forms of various deadly animals. Many faculty members are injured and the fight does not seem to be going well.

Initiative please. The plants go at 14 and the staff at 10
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Unkabear » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Kara

Kara is shocked as Jenna took her quickly to the Admin building, this was not something that she was able to do when she last knew…There was no time for that now. “Nice” she said as she took to her own feet. Then her hair again started to turn violet, as a large vibrant purple spear manifested in her hand, and bright purple wings sprouted from her back, spreading out in a large fan, similar to a bird of prey.

Her eyes now glowed with a bright purple intensity as she took a step forward and taking flight. “Now its my turn, I will try to distract them.” She said just before she burst forward slicing at the creatures as she flew by them.

The wings have no mechanical purpose, they are just a waste of the visual effects budget, they have no mass or corporealness, strictly story.

Init 1d20+3 = 18
Manifest spear & flyby attack Flight 4 (Speed: 100 mph, 880 ft./rnd) Physical manifestation not Mental Weapon Blast 8 (Alternate; DC (Tough) 23; Penetrating; Range (touch) Attack = 16
Unkabear
Hireling
Hireling

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room