Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby Spectrum » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Ran

Ran looks back Amazonia when directly address. "I should serve my papers in person. That wound be the polite thing to do. Mr Caldwell was not responsible for how poorly this went. It will also give me an opportunity to pack up and take my belongings with me."

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Amazonia

Amazonia looks back at the other woman, a sad smile on her face, and nods. She approaches the team's transport and tells the pilot to hold for her.

Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Redline
Hero Points: Four.
Condition: Fatigued, and staying positive.

"Crimson Sigil is my mother's twin."

Quentin raised an eyebrow while he looked at the guy. "Seriously? Did you know that those creeps were running with him, is that why you guys tried to stop him?" Quentin began to smile, in what he hoped was an infectious manner. "That makes you guys pretty bad ass. I mean, he's your uncle, so what. We've all got uncles we'd like to hit in this head. There was this one, my dad's side. Real jock guy, held me upside down over the toi ... yeah, well you get the picture." He paused a moment as he reached down to take a hold of the young man's hand. "Listen, I promise, I won't tell anyone, not that I think it makes a difference. You guys are pretty kick ass, but listen, before I have to head out, any idea where we can find him? We'll help ya finish what you started, and I promise. We'll do ya proud."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 am

At the transport, the pilot radioed, "All aboard for a non stop flight back to base. Buckle up!"

In the infirmary

The boys smiled at Red Line's infectious attitude. Two looked at each other. Something seemed to pass between them. The kind of thing where friends make a decision without saying a word. One looked to the boy with the broken hands and said, "Tell him what you told us."

The other boy nodded his head and said, "Uncle Larry has been getting more and more unstable over the last few years. Lately he's started to talk about this guy, Mordred. I saw them talking once. He's a real piece of work. The kind of scarey that would drop puppies off an overpass just to watch them splat. They talked about getting the sacrifices ready. It scared me, so when we saw him with the Professionals at the museum we knew we had to act." He looked down, "I guess we didn't do so hot."

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 am

Lady Freedom
HP: 3
Condition: abashed

Sarah apologizes to Sterling before flying back to the Kestrel. She gives the thumbs up sign to the pilot when the entire team is aboard. Thinking to herself: <Well, I don't think I could have done too much more wrong this mission if I had tried. Hopefully the authorities can get some information out of the two captured villains. We...I...need a win right now.>

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Ran

Ran gazes out a window at the water that passes underneath, quiet, fidgetty.. her fingers quickly weaving the water that she plays in her hands, tearing and rending it in her hands again and again.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm

As the Kestral was setting down the team saw a single boat speeding across the bay toward the base. There were several passengers aboard and it was flying a Vanguard flag on aft gunwale. When the engines cycled off and the door slid open Jasper Cauldwell was standing in the landing bay. "Anybody who's injured report to the infirmary. Grab a shower and meet me in the conference room in twenty minutes. I want a full report."

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Ran

Ran opened her eyes slowly, still playing furiously with the water between her fingertips. She disembarked quickly, trying to be the first off the plane so that she could avoid more unpleasantness.

"Yes sir. Would you prefer to have my resignation now or after the meeting?"

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Jasper Caldwell's face did not crack. "I would prefer a full report. I haven't called for anybody's resignation." He turned on his heel and left the bay muttering something about "drama".

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Amazonia

The amazon gives Ran a small smile and a pat on the shoulder as she heads to the conference room. Upon entering she takes her seat and waits for the meeting to start. Taking her time to think as she waits.
Last edited by Mr.Sandman on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:48 pm

How are you spending those 20 minutes?

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Ran

If I go there will be trouble
An if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

Ran slipped into the hot water of the shower, not bothering to maintain a thin filter to separate out the obnoxious chemicals of urban life, just savoring the heat for the moment and trying to think. Her hands pressed against the shower wall in her bungalo. The water hid her tears.

There had to be a better way than this complete cluster today. She was a world class marine biologist, she was talking to several organizations about how to improve the world.. heck, she could try to live with the Atlanteans for a while.. but she had committed to joining the first of the new super groups after the massacre of Doctor Deathstroke.

With great power came great responsibility. It was trite, it was overused, but it was also true. The one thing that it didn't answer was that that responsibility entailed. Did it mean putting up with the foolish games of today? Did it mean getting growled out by that drill sergeant? Not for the first time in the last hour she berated herself for having lost her cool and killing a living creature like it was nothing. The blood price of the elemental courts was on her head, she wasn't about trying to shift it to another member of the group. It was her call. On the other hand, the All Father himself had empowered her in the matter. It was so very confusing.

The alarm chirped, the water started to grow cold.. it was a waste of the precious fluid anyways.

Ran slipped into a navy blue button down and a pair of khaki shorts, no shoes of course.. as she headed back towards the meeting room still trying to convince herself to make a decision before one was made for her.

Return to “M&M Game Room”