Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Cerulean's attack slammed into Rage with devastating effects. The giant reptilioid was picked up by the blow and thrown back in the direction in which Pacer disappeared. It was such a mighty blow that the villain's head was snapped back and his slitted eyes rolled back into his head with a groan that sounded not unlike a frog croaking.

(Make a Strength Check DC 25 Machine Girl to hold him tight, and not get yanked down the hall with him.)

Rage Toughness Roll 1d20+10=15 (failed by 4 levels, spend a villain point and reroll (1d20+10=21) only failed by 2)

Lady Freedom's heat vision attack seemed to pass right through Impact's field and burn a deep hole in into her exposed shoulder. The woman yelped and let out a stream of expletives that would make a drunken sailor blush.
(V1d20+7=12) failed by less than one degree
Looking around, she screamed, "Surge, you get Pacer, I'll get Rage, and let's get the #$&@ out of here. Let CS get his own *%^#@ artifact!"

Ran unleashed a water cannon so powerful that women three states away suddenly felt the need to pee. It slammed into the prone and dazed villain's had and torso pinning him to the concrete fighting to breathe.
Pacer toughness roll (1d20+7=12) failed by two degrees. Condition: Hindered and Vulnerable

Surge nodded to her supposed sibling and her eyes went out of focus. Lightning cackling around her, she launched herself into the air and flew toward the door. In a flash of lightning that sent a bit of a shock through Ran, the woman and Pacer both disappeared leaving the distinct odor of ozone- and urine?

Ophion
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Ophion » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:06 am

OOC: Unsurprisingly, she fails. Roll is 1d20+9=17. For what it's worth, her combination of extreme Toughness and 2 ranks of Density should have probably added something to her modifier to resist knockback (the 3e Gamemaster's Guide, for example, gives a formula that would leave her with a starting value of 17 to resist), but it's really not a big deal. Let 'er fly. ;)

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 am

Amazonia
HP 1

Amazonia tries to move slowly, not creating enough kinetic energy to activate Impact's field of potential energy. Once inside she attempts grab the other woman and squeeze

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Ran

Ran turns her blast upon Surge as she approaches so quickly.. but misses wildly as the two disappear again, at least those trees got nicely watered. With a growl of frustration she turns back to the fire that she was fighting, renewing her efforts to douse the threatening flame. Her hands continue to dance through the air, twisting and dancing through the air as she conjures the very elemental forces of Water.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Machine Girl felt the force of Rage's knockback yank her across the room with the unconscious giant. Some instinct inside her made her hold on tight to reptile-man. She tumbled through the air to land on its scaly hide.

Amazonia slipped up behind Impact, feeling the field first press against her and then letting her through. With a mighty lunge from inside the field, she wrapped her arms around the woman, grappling with her and holding her tight. "What the %$^&%%!" she yelled and as she struggled with daughter of the first Amazonia.

Redline and Bass are up.

Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 am

Redline
Hero Points: Zero.
Condition: Fatigued, and Starrrving!

Quentin winced as Pacer, seemingly pissed that the younger, and infinitely more photogenic speedster had upstaged him, came flying in pushing Mach 2. Pacers blow were a blur as Quentin prepared to back pedal and turn to absorb some of the blows he knew were going to lay him out.

Out of nowhere, Freedom flew in, interposing her equally photogenic body between ... God, was I staring, I totally was, but it only lasted a fraction of a second nobody noticed right? Right?!? ... Redline and Pacers blow. Redline smirked as Pacer's hands bounced off of her impenetrable skin. He threw Pacer a quick smile and a wave over Freedoms shoulder, before the older speedster took off running. Well it would appear to anybody else to be a wave, anyone with a visual reaction time close to the two speedsters would have seen the rather immature schoolyard gesture for what it really was.

Amazonia had crept through Impact's kinetic dampening field to restrain her, and Rage had been face-huggered *shudder!* by Machine Girl's bio-metallic arm. So, other than Surge disappearing in a flash of light and ozone, things seemed under control. Redline zipped outside, sure to slow down and throw a respectful nod towards Ms. Moses. Honestly, I respect her professionalism! and stopped beside Ran.

Anything I can do to help, we're almost wrapped up inside. Say," Redline paused and looked towards the fire marshal, "I'm starving! I was going to order about a dozen combo's from Bay City Burgers, you guys down?"

OOC: Using my move action to head outside. A quick Perception check to see if there is any situation demanding immediate assistance. Visual Perception roll to Scan area outside Museum for Threats or Emergencies. (1d20+11=21) And then delay my remaining Standard Action to respond to any requests for help over the commlink, assuming I don't see anything else (like the fleeing Surge on a rooftop!)
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Ran

Ran sets her jaw as she turns all of her attention towards the fire. Is it showing any signs of stopping?

"it may be a little early for.. Miller time.. I need some help over here..."

Without looking away, she murmurs to the captain. "Is there a hazardous materials team in place?"

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Bass
HP: 0
COND: Fatigued

Bass blinked as Surge and Pacer got away, but it sounded like Crimson Sigil was around too. He still had to deal with those two, so he let out another disorienting howl on Impact.

Sonic Tricks: Affliction 12 (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)
1d20+8=25
DC 22 Fort if hits.
Impeach the peach!

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 am

No immediate threats appeared to Redline as he raced around the battlefield to see where he was best needed. He did notice that with near preternatural reflexes the woman's cameraman managed to catch that nod on film. As he stopped near Ran he could see where the fire was pretty much out. Of course there would be more flare ups every now and again simply because it takes a while for molten stone to cool, but it was now nothing the fire fighters couldn't handle easily. Ran had done a bang up job of controlling the fire and then had kept her head and taken advantage of a situation when it had presented itself.

As for the rest of the fight, it was mostly wrapping up. Rage was down, and Impact as in the mighty embrace of Amazonia.

The fire captain nodded to Ran under his visored helmet and then turned to his crew. "You heard the lady. She's ready for the hazmat team! Move it!" Behind him, the men looked at each other worriedly. Chief Doyle had not yet given the all clear. There were still metahumans unaccounted for. Several approached the bikini clad woman carefully their tools ready to go to work.

Inside, Bass' howl caught Impact completely off guard. (1d20+3=7 failed by three levels) The woman stopped her struggling and slumped in to the floor holding her ears.

Lady Freedom you're up

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 am

Lady Freedom
Condition: Fatigued

"Amazonia, Machine Girl, Bass. Take charge of the prisoners. Make sure they remain subdued. The rest of us will assist Ran with the fire. Redline, if you could do a super-speed search for possible survivors in the building, that would be great. But be careful. The building's structural integrity may have been compromised. Ran, what is it exactly you need help with?"

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 am

Cerulean
HP - 0
Condition - uninjured

Cerulean follows Lady Freedom out of the museum, floating wordlessly as he awaits instructions.

With a quick thought, he draws upon the kinetic energy all around him, restabilizing his form from the minor damage inflicted by Impulse's attack.

ooc wrote:healing - self (1d20 + 10=11)
crummy roll, but 1 success is all i needed anyway...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

In for a penny, in for a pound..

Ran

Ran starts to frown towards the captain, starting to object that was not what 'the lady' said at all. She shakes her head, not the first time that she was misunderstood. She flashes a quick bright smile towards Lady Freedom, an encouraging look in her eyes, her voice soft at first, "Things okay?" and then shifts her tone up, "We've got a bunch of guys eager to do their jobs. Things clear in there?" trying to encourage some excitement for the team in wait. She slips quieter again, "I think that there's something in the hole over there. I'm hoping that its not the energy core but I haven't been able to get in there to make sure. If it is, then we're all in a much more serious situation. Careful, its still hot."

As things start to settle out, her voice soft and serious again, "I let two of them get away, one of them, a woman, came out and grabbed her brother and disappeared."

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Lady Freedom
Condition: fatigued

Lady Freedom looks at Ran. "You did not let them get away; WE let them get away. You did what you could and you contained the fire and saved time, money, and injuries for the local firefighters. You did good today. Now, let's see if we can't get to the bottom of this. Literally. Cerulean, you're on my six. Give us some covering spray Ran. We're going in."

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm

OOC: Switching array to flight and super-senses and going in slowly.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Ran

Ran shifts her stance, a wider more graceful side to side sway of her arm, her hips (oh her hips) and down to her feet, a more water stance rather than earth with the heavy rains of before. The spray follows with her movements, turning into a lighter spray, trying to keep the steam away and everything cooler rather than the driving force of before. "Careful! It just keeps burning!"

Return to “M&M Game Room”