Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby Spectrum » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Ran

Ran smiles softly up towards Cerulean, that bright (though tired) smile still on her face, "Thanks Big Blue." she slips off the cot with a soft grunt, landing heavily upon her feet.

"A talented mage hmmm?" she thinks a moment, trying to come up with a good list of who that might entail.. and starting to realize that she might need to start reconsidering where she would place herself on that list.

Don't have occult, but trying to come close.
Theology: 1d20+8=18

She gazed over the crowds, a thoughtful smile reaching back to her lips. "But in any case, there are people that need to do their work. It might be best if we got out of the public eye and soon before we cause even more disturbance?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Redline
Hero Points: Four.
Condition: Fatigued, and frustrated.

Quentin tossed his costume into the corner of his new room, he had changed into a pair of jeans and his old jersey. Grabbing a damp towel he mopped it against the back of his neck as he walked through the Fortress.

"Yeah? You caught it? How bad was it? Think they'll fire me?" A pause as he listened to the voice on the other end of the call. "What? WNS isn't beating me up, heh, probably the only ones. Yeah, I know. No, I shouldn't have run off like that, I'm sorry." He kept his voice lower as he walked through the hallways towards the medical area. There were several white gowned staff moving around the room, Trasker and a security detail were on full alert.

"Son, she would have been proud." Quentin stopped a moment, hell, if Trasker saw him well up like this he'd be doing wind sprints until he was thirty. He stepped into the museum to get out of everyone's way. When he looked over there she was. God, this isn't helping. He sniffed, and blinked his eyes a few times. "Uhh, dad? I gotta go. Business and all right. Yeah, ok, I will. Love you too dad."

He took a few moments to compose himself, pocketed his phone and walked towards the commotion, finding Trasker he walked right towards him. "So, uhh, how are they doing Ma ... err ... Mr. Trasker ... sir?"
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Trasker did not react to Redline being beside him. For a moment, Redline wondered what it would take to get a reaction out of the enigmatic Mr. Trasker. "Not as bad as you seem to think they are- or as you think you did." He growled and added, "Your team may still have use of your gifts while in the field. I would suggest you rejoin them."

At the museum:
Sterling looked around to make sure that there were no reporters or "loose ears" nearby. Finally, he said, "The museum was researching the dagger because it was said to be associated with the Round Table. We've determined that it also has some kind of infernal connection."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 am

Lady Freedom
HP: 3
Condition: Good

Sarah takes in all the information that has just been presented to her. She realizes that she is still floating in front of Sterling and so she lands.

"So let me get this straight. You brought, into our fair city, a dagger wth infernal connections and links to the mythical world of Avalon and Arthur's Knights of the Round Table and you didn't see fit to notify any of the law enforcement agencies or paranormal agencies about this so that we might have had a heads up? Well done, sir! Let our enemies get two steps ahead of us before calling us in. That always works best."

Sarah turns from Sterling and addresses the rest of the team.

"Apparently we have a situation here that is beyond our understanding at the moment. Let's head back to HQ, debrief our prisoners, and plan our next course of action."

Sarah turns back towards Sterling.

"So, before we leave, is there anything else you MIGHT want to tell us? Any other rare artifacts of mystical origin in the dank vaults of the museum? An address for your headquarters so we know where to erect the monument to colossal stupidity? Or perhaps anything that will help us retrieve the dagger so that we don't all die?"

She puts her fists on her hips for emphasis.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:18 am

Ran

Ran did another eye popping stretch, the length of her long back popping as she does.

She slips up to her feet, giving Big Blue another little friendly shove with her shoulder, "Its not my area of expertise, but if I can review those notes I might be able to find something deeper." she shrugs a bit, "It wouldn't hurt at least." she frowns, trying to keep a cheery face for the crowd, "Things were so much easier as a celebrity scientist than as a full time crime fighting? action? hero." a light blush comes to her cheeks as she has trouble even naming what she is now.

As she comes to an end, she stands beside Lady Freedom, "So, you're saying that we're not the only ones that horribly mishandled today?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 am

Amazonia
HP 1

"Well where was he supposed to put it? I admit it would have been nice to know but there are probably at least 5 more things in that museum that could destroy us all and 2 no one knows about." She steps back a bit and twirls a bit of hair on her finger "How did you find out about what it does? Is there an instruction manual we can look at?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Sterling leveled a gaze at Lady Freedom that for just a moment flashed deep azure. "As a matter of the fact I did inform the mayor, the police chief, and of course Tristan Pendragon that the dagger was here being studied to determine how to break its connection to the forces of darkness. The dagger was under guard, and locked in a safe with several levels of security." The young man's eyes seem to calm as he turned toward Amazonia and said, "My people have been researching it since it was uncovered when a road went through an undiscovered crypt in wales." With a sigh he ran his hand through his mop of thick blonde hair and added, "I'll ask Mr. Pendragon to debrief you on it."

The man who signs the team's paychecks turned on his heel and left the room.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Redline
Condition: Fatigued, and concerned.

"Your team may still have use of your gifts while in the field. I would suggest you rejoin them."

As Mr. Trasker said more in that one breath, than he had during the first week Quentin had been moving into the place, he wondered if that meant the kids were conscious. They might have some more ... Quentin winced as he picked up on the conversation through somebodies open comm.

"Umm, yeah, even I'm not fast enough to remove their feet from their mouths. So, you think I could talk to the kids? That Sigil guy, the one who had the dagger, he seemed to think that fireball that was pissing off Freedom was tossed by one of the kids. Said something like 'Kids got talent. Runs in the family.' So maybe one of them's got a lead on where to find these guys, and Mr. Sterling's dagger."
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:39 am

Trasker raked Redline with that gaze that was rumored to stop tank rounds and finally said, "They are in the infirmary. When the doctor tells you to leave, leave." It was a simple acknowledgement of the need for information, and the suggestion of how to get it.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 am

Redline
Condition: Fatigued, and glad to get away from "the stare".

He walked through the hall, and poked his head into the infirmary. The three young men were all there, doctors and nurses were moving through the room. It looked like they were conscious, maybe a little dazed, but he saw that their eyes were open. "Hey guys, how's it going. Shit, stupid question." He looked around and wandered a little closer to bedside of the kid with the broken leg, the one Rage was holding when they got on scene. "You guys did a pretty good job of holding them off, and getting your classmates out. Got a question for you though, if you feel up to it."

Quentin looked around, none of the medical staff were shooing him out just yet. "Some guy, Crimson Sigil, or something popped by as we were wrapping up, looked at the ball of fire that was giving Freedom and the rest of us fits, and said something like "Kids got talent, runs in the family ..." Now, I'm not saying anything, but he took off with some dagger, artifact thingy. Anyway, you, uhhh, know where he'd be goin' with it?"
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Ran

Ran frowns darkly, the ambient water thrashing around her for several seconds. She shakes her head sadly starting to walk after Sterling. The last gesture she makes towards the group is to offer a hand towards Cerulean, saying nothing, but asking with her eyes that he come too.

Possibly something can be salvaged.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:19 pm

"Team. Return to Home Base." Trasker's voice came over the PCM. "We'll review your performance and where to take the investigation. The Kestral is coming around to pick up your team."

In the Sick Bay

One of the boys blushed deeply and tried to bury himself into his bed, except for the fact that he was in traction with both hands in casts and suspended above his bed. Very quietly he said, "Crimson Sigil is my mother's twin."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Ran

Ran pauses, but for a single moment.. her fingers twirling around her, her clothing becoming something more formal, as she walks along in the businessman's shadow.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby EnigmaticOne » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Bass

"Alright." Then Bass looked at Lady Freedom. "Cut down the attitude. You keep jumping to assumptions. Seriously, chill."
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Amazonia
Hp 1

Amazonia looks back at Ran as she heads to the jet, "You want them to hold it for you?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room