Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby Ophion » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Machine Girl
HP:
Condition: Bemused, more than anything else

Lee had been around (the block, the world, this life, and any number of other things) far too long and far too many times to be surprised at Ran's sudden summoning of 'elemental water', or that extra octave she'd apparently just added to the bottom of her vocal range. Moderately curious perhaps, but not surprised. Ran collapsing after quenching the elemental's fire was a little more worrying but, yeah, she'd seen that sort of thing a few times as well. It happened sometimes in their line of work.

Heroes got over it - everyone else retired. Or died. Lee had witnessed that plenty of times before too...

Much more interesting to Lee was the speed at which Ran had abandoned her stance on killing monsters as a last resort. Apparently it was only a last resort until someone started shouting and cursing, after which all bets were off. Lee shrugged mentally as she watched Cerulean rush to the water-controller's aid and, satisfied that 'Big Blue' had the impressionable young giantess well in hand, she turned her attention to other matters.

Leaving the still-steaming hole in the wall that 'Sparky' had so recently called its temporary home behind her, Machine Girl walked over to join Lady Freedom and Sterling. As she did, she went fishing in one of her back pockets with a weathered steel hand and, a moment later, withdrew a battered pack of Zhongnanhai Liushuiyin cigarettes. Zhongnanhai, or ZNH for short, were the most popular brand of cigarettes in China, with nearly sixty million addicts smoking around a pack of their cigarettes every single day.The name meant 'Flowing Water Music', though Lee had no idea why, nor did she care as she stuck the carton up to her pretty mouth and pulled a cigarette out of it with her lips. The pack of cigs was back in her pocket and she was lighting up the one in her mouth with a lighter pulled from a different pocket by the time she'd come to a stop next to LF and the Armani suit named Sterling.

"According to our employers", Lee said, seeing that Lady Freedom hadn't yet answered Sterling's question, "it was some kind of creature of living flame, summoned from the elemental realm of fire - or of Phall Curry. I'm a little unclear on that last point."

The Machine Girl took a drag from her cigarette of 'Flowing Water Music' and, exhaling, waved one cybernetic hand dismissively while adding, "One of the youngsters who tried to take the Professionals on before we arrived was a mage - or a mage's apprentice, more like - and it seems like he had access to a spell or two that he shouldn't have." She arched one eyebrow at Sterling and shrugged one of her shoulders, as if to say 'Kids these days, huh?', before taking another drag of the ZNH and adding, "Thanks for the offer of help, by the way."
Ophion
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Amazonia
HP 1

From her location near where she had just dropped off the criminals Amazonia rubs her head in false pain, "Ugh, magic. That stuff always gives me a headache. It never follows the basic rules of existence."
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:59 am

In the background, the EMS are pouring in checking over the damage and securing the area. Distantly the sounds of an argument were beginning to penetrate the fog of battle.

"Ma'am, you and your camera crew have to wait until the area is cleared," a male voice that sounded way too young said reasonably.

"You can't keep us out of there! You let HIM in! We're the #%#@ 4th Mother *#$^@ing Estate!" a woman's voice was yelling. "Get outta' my way you pimply-faced Nazi wannabe!"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 am

Redline
Hero Points: Four.
Condition: Fatigued ... and starting to get cranky.

Ran seemed to be sleeping peacefully enough, her breath coming in a slow steady rhythm, Quentin hoped she'd be alright. For such a huge woman, she often seemed very innocent, and childlike, he'd never had a little sister. If you could call someone who towers over you little. He smirked at the thought.

"I think she'll be ok Blue. We should probably get her up on the Kestrel and head back to the island to figure this all out." Looking up to where Cerulean was hovering, he tried to smile in what he hoped was reassurance.

"You can't keep us out of there! You let HIM in! We're the #%#@ 4th Mother *#$^@ing Estate!" a woman's voice was yelling. "Get outta' my way you pimply-faced Nazi wannabe!"

His calm, seriously shattered, Quentin, as usual acted on impulse. Coming to an abrupt halt between the young officer and the abusive reporter, he squared off in front of her and began waving his finger at her, like a parent admonishing a rude child.

"This "Nazi" is doing his job, which includes saving lives, and keeping them away from potentially dangerous situations. Even bitchy reporters. As to why Mr. Sterling was allowed on site, he was offering technological aid in dealing with an explosive situation, involving a fire of unknown origins. Our own member, Ran, dealt with the this life threatening fire and subsequently fell unconscious. We're trying to determine if there are potentially dangerous fumes, or radiation involved. So show this OFFICER some respect and ... BACK THE $^%& OFF!"

With that the youth folded his arms over his chest, and stood at the barricade glaring at the woman.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby timothy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 am

Cerulean
HP - 4
Condition - Concerned

He speaks to the paramedic first.

"I suspect it to be simple overexertion, but I would appreciate your running and checking a rhythm strip just to be safe. I also suspect that an NS IV would be particularly helpful for her.

"Thank you."

Then to Redline, before he zips away.

"I suspect she will be fine and easily moved to the Kestrel in just a few minutes. I would like her checked just to be sure, though."

ooc wrote: spent the last 12 years living in a hospital. gotta figure he knows the lingo...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am

The reporter looked Redline up and down huffed, "The people have a right to know! What are you hiding in there? Exactly what kinds of dangerous technology has this museum collected from Doctor Deathstroke's satellite base? Since when do we need more metahumans messing things up. Weren't ten million dead in Chicago enough for you people?" Suddenly a microphone is shoved into Redline's face.

The paramedic smiled at Cerulean and said, "I think you may be right. It looks like pushin.... uh simple exhaustion." Something about the man's demeanor suggested that me may know more about what is going on with Ran than a normal paramedic might. He was definitely an older man, probably in his fifties with thinning brown hair and gray eyes. "She should be coming around soon." He checked her wrists and neck for something and then adds, "I think that some orange juice would do her some good. If you want we can transport her to the hospital or send her back to your own medical facilities."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am

Redline
Hero Points: Four.
Condition: Fatigued ... and trying not to punch somebody.

"The people have a right to know! What are you hiding in there? Exactly what kinds of dangerous technology has this museum collected from Doctor Deathstroke's satellite base? Since when do we need more metahumans messing things up. Weren't ten million dead in Chicago enough for you people?"

"Yeah, because sticking your heads in the sand is really going to help. In case you, and your viewers forgot, the atorcities of Chicago were caused by DR. DEATHSTROKE! Not the heroes who gave their lives trying to stop him!" He took a deep breath and leaned forward even more, now yelling at the startled womans face. "My mother, Stars & Stripes, gave her life to save ONE bus, just ONE. But there were thirty people on that bus, including my dad and me! You think I want a repeat of Chicago, are you that absolutely STUPID to think that? Why do you think we put on these costumes and come out here risking our lives. So we can STOP creeps like that. But NO! We have to deal with idiots like YOU who try to tromp all over the scene of a crime, before the authorities can collect evidence. You want a report of what happened today, wait in line and talk to the police like every other reporter with a shred of decency. Or you can start screaming in some young officers face, because you are a spoiled little b&!$h and don't realize that he and I are risking our lives to protect YOU! This interview is DONE!"

With his last exclamation Redline was three blocks away towards the coast, images of his mother's sacrifice burning into his brain, his throat choked up as he threw about a hundred hyper velocity punches into a concrete wall. He was running across the waters of the bay towards the Fortress before he could even register her response.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Ran

Ran slowly starts to come to again, blinking her big blue eyes sleepily. "mmmm, did I snore much?"

She gazes over towards the retreating Redline and does a little wiggle of her fingers, trying to create not so much a barrier but rather a curve so that the speedster gets turned back towards the group. Then again, she's hardly in the best case (or training) to time it very well when her new shieldmate can go so much faster than the human eye can track.

She shifts around to take a seat upon the stretcher with a little groan.. an eyepopping show streeeeeetching out as she starts to get up to her feet before pausing. She flashes a big grin towards the paramedics, "Thank you both.' she pauses, "Am I cleared to stand on my own two feet?"

She nods to each of you in turn, most get a smile, Machine Girl gets a wary frown, but not a word is spoken to anyone.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Amazonia
HP 1

Amazonia quickly checks in on Ran, smiling when she sees that her teammate should be ok. She then walks over the the reporter, writing something on a small slip of paper. "You want the story? Call me, we can get together over coffee some time next week." She hands her the slip and walks back to her team.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Lady Freedom
HP: 3
Condition: Good

Sarah grabs the bridge of her nose at the commotion with the press. Three of five villains got away with the object they were looking for and we're yelling at the press. Guess I should avoid the news for the next couple of days. Hoping to salvage something from this debacle, Sarah looks up. "Since this is your exhibit and all, what's with the dagger they stole?"
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:30 pm

The police officer smiled at Redline as he began to move the press further back out of the area. "You heard the man. Vanguard hasn't cleared the area for the press yet."

In the main area, one of the museum workers and a police officer came up to Sterling and said, "Sir, The Dagger of Mab Urien is gone!"

"Are you certain?" Sterling asked suddenly worried.

"The safe door is melted, the security system disabled, and the dagger is gone," he said.

Sterling nodded and frowned. "This is not good. That is not something we want to fall into the hands of SERPENT."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Amazonia
HP 1

"On the Drakken to Deathstroke scale of evil how bad is this thing?" Amazonia asks, hopeing the bit of humor can ease her teammates moods a bit, though the fact that the dagger probably already is in the hands of the people he just said would be a bad thing that might take more than a weak joke.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 am

The young businessman frowned slightly and said, "In the hands of a normal everyday person without the Mage gift, it'd be on the scale of Dr. Doofensmirtz. However in the hands of a talented Mage who knows what it is, we're in the realm of Spook central. It could possibly be used to summon some very unpleasant individuals, not the least of which is Morgaine leFey."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:08 am

Amazonia
HP 1

"Oh, that is bad." Amazonia walks over to the rest of her team, "Hey guys? We need to get that dagger back fast. Any clue how we can do that?"
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 am

Cerulean
HP - 4
Condition - happy

The blue man smiles at Ran as she sits up.

"I'm glad you are alright. We were all very worried about you.

"Do you need help standing?"

He offers his hand to the giantess.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room