Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby Mark Reuter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Lady Freedom
HP: 0
Condition: Fatigued, pissed, and frustrated.

"Sir, with all due respect, our water elemental was unable to douse the flame and we're all out of dimensional rifts. And we can't move the thing to a vacuum so we'd have to find a way to create a vacuum within the city, something that I believe the mayor would frown upon. Is there a fourth option?"
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby timothy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Cerulean
HP - 0
Condition - thinking

He turns to face Machine Girl, his face serious.

"I am afraid that I lack the fine control necessary to form an air-tight shield. I could attempt to blow it out like an oil-well fire, but I suspect that would have disastrous results.

"Perhaps one of the laboratories on campus would have an appropriate container. Assuming, of course, that Ran is unable to extinguish the flame."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Spectrum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Ran

Ran watches the goings on and then grins, almost a skip in her steps as she approaches Big Blue and Freedom. She crouches down before the little fire elemental, a soft cooing whisper, "Hi there big guy. Sorry that I tried to hurt you earlier. You're mighty and I didn't know that you were there." She carefully reaches out towards the fire, close enough to feel the heat without inflicting too bad of burns on herself. She grins a bit, "This isn't a really good place for you to be. Would you like to go with us?" She thinks a moment, "We're keeping your friend safe, helping him feel better, if you want to go see him?"
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:40 pm

The ball of fire did not react to Ran's coaxing. Instead it simply sat there burning. "Basic physics folks," Cauldwell said. "Sounds like you need to two things. The first being a material that won't burn up before the flame goes out. The second is for it to be in a form that can be made air tight. Any suggestions?"

In the background, the police were keeping the area clear as there was still something that had metas' attention. A new voice in the background asked, "What is it?"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Lady Freedom
Condition: fatigued, frustrated, and annoyed,

"Yes sir! That is an accurate analysis of the situation. Here's my analysis. The flame doesn't seem to be able to pass through stone, although it is capable of burning through it. I am going to cut out the chunk of stone that the flame is sitting on and fly it into outer space. It's the only hard vacuum I know of. Wish me luck! I may not make it back."
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 pm

OOC: using heat vision Sarah will cut out a decent sized chunk of stone, around 1600#. The round after she will lift the stone and fly it into outer space. It will probably take her two to three turns to reach the required altitude.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ophion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Machine Girl
HP:
Condition: Fine

"Basic physics my @$$, Cauldwell", Lee growled over her PCM - though only after first snorting derisively and rolling her eyes at the Director of Operations' words. "I suppose I should be glad we aren't dealing with whatever you consider to be an advanced physics problem, Director."

She seemed about to say more, but then Lady Freedom cut in with her rather incredible-sounding solution of attempting to cart the little flame elemental into outer space. As the impetuous young woman set about her self-appointed task with little fanfare and no warning, Lee irritably (but half-heartedly and not very roughly) bumped the Scandinavian water-controller still crouched in front of the ball of fire with one booted foot and, sounding as distracted as she did irritated, said, "Ran, stop whispering sweet nothings at your new flame and get out of the way!"

Lee had to admit that, assuming Lady Freedom could actually get the burning elemental up into space, her plan might work. But that didn't mean the older cybernetic beauty liked it. Once again, Captain Freedom's daughter was rushing ahead and making plans without bothering to consult or include the rest of the team. Between her, her so-silent-he-might-as-well-be-a-ghost brother Freedom's Star, and Amazonia (who also seemed to have a problem with rushing ahead), their team was barely functioning as such. And Lee was not happy about it.

Still, on the whole the team (such as it was) had done well in dealing with the Professionals today (despite Lady Freedom's morale-crushing assessment of things), and Lee recognized that now really wasn't the time to vent her anger. Lady Freedom seemed set on her plan and, even if the way she was going about it irritated Lee, there was a real possibility that it would actually work. So, for the time being, Machine Girl kept her mouth shut and settled for stepping out of the way of Freedom's heat rays, an expression of mute indifference on her face as she watched the younger woman work.
Ophion
Comrade
Comrade

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:55 am

Cerulean
HP - 0
Condition - bewildered

Cerulean drifts in towards Lady Freedom, a somewhat bewildered expression on his face.

"Wouldn't it be better to try a simpler solution before attempting something that you think presents a danger to yourself?

"I am certain that a chemistry or physics laboratory would have an air-tight container capable of resisting the flame's heat long enough to suffocate it. Redline could locate one and have it here in moments.

"Additionally, I don't think Ran has actually attempted the production of "elemental" water."

He smiles reassuringly.

"I understand your frustration and concern, but if the situation seems to be stable. I believe we have time to at least attempt a simpler and safer solution."
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:17 am

Lady Freedom
Condition: Whatever

"Fire needs three things: fuel, oxygen, and ignition. Take away any one of the three and the fire goes out. This thing doesn't need fuel. Since it doesn't need fuel, it doesn't need oxygen. Taking it off planet where it can burn for 100 years without hurting anything seems the logical solution. But apparently, I am in the minority here. I'll be here to fly it into space when nothing works."
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

Cerulean
HP - 0
Condition - whatever right back...

"It seems that you have decided what we are going to do.

"Very well, then. Feel free to do so."

He turns away from the scene and floats quietly back to the Kestrel, disappearing through the side of the advanced aircraft.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

Bass

"Can't we just contain it until someone from the Avalon Society comes and dispels it? Or something? Magic fire, magic solution. Why risk your life?"
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm

"What do you mean risk your life?" a strange voice somewhere between a tenor and a contralto. "Is it a threat to the city?"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Lady Freedom
Condition: Fatigued

Sarah turns and flies up to the disembodied voice. "Who are you? And how did you get through the police lines. This is still a crime scene and we haven't cleared this area."
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Ran

Ran turns back towards her 'attacker' with a storm in her eyes.. and then blinks, turning it into a sheepish grin, coming to stand up. Sure, she's a 'goddess among men' but really, when it comes to this group, she knows that she's not as awe inspiring as well.. pretty much anyone else. "Sorry about that MG, I'm just not real comfortable with the idea of killing a potentially sentient lifeform just because it either won't, or can't, talk back to us. Hitting way too close to home with the whole 'its a monster, kill it'.. like all of us." she shrugs her massive shoulders. "We have lots of options that don't involve killing it- that should always be a last course of events." she looks away, "At least lets wait until a magically trained team, or even the teen, look into it. If we have a day or three, I might even be able to send it back home. I know a few things, I'm just not fast about it."

She shakes her head, her long mane bouncing over her shoulders. "Lots to talk about when we get home, lots of chewing out, lots of training and retraining."
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:27 pm

A young man in his late teens early twenties stood there in a well-tailored navy Armani suit. His azure eyes seemed take in the whole area as he smiled from under blond locks. He was on the small side for a man, making him look younger than he probably was. He held out a hand and said, "I'm Taniel Sterling. I paid for the exhibit." Glancing past, Lady Freedom he asked, "Is there some special equipment you need?"
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room