Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 am

Rollcall
Bass.......................................Chrysalid sonic controller...................Enigmatic One
Red Line................................Legacy speedster................................Zen_Gypsy
Amazonia..............................Chrysalid g/s technopath....................Mr. Sandman
Machine Girl.........................Chrysalid Cyber ancient master..........Ophion
Freedom's Star.......................Legacy Captain America style...........Arknight
Lady Freedom.......................Legacy Brick......................................Mark Reuter
Cerulean...............................Chrysalid kinetic energy being............Timothy
Ran........................................Chrysalid hydrokinetic amphibian......Spectrum

“This is Candace Moses for the Web News Service reporting live from the Fortress, the structure recently built by Sterling Industries at the behest of The Avalon Society for the purposes of housing the first major hero team since Day of Deathstroke: The Vanguard. This new team was hand picked by Tristan Pendragon of the Avalon Society in order to ensure that there is never another incident like the one that caused the deaths of over ten million people.

Ironically enough the team is composed of four legacy heroes whose parents died on the Day of Deathstroke: Lady Freedom and Freedom's Star, the children of the legendary Captain Freedom; Red Line, the son of the late Stars and Stripes, another member of the Justice Squad, and Amazonia the daughter of the late heroine of the same name. It also boasts the enigmatic Machine Girl, perhaps being the same heroine of that name who first appeared on the scene in the 1930s. Joining them are three Chrysalids, Ran, a controversial environmentalist with water based powers, Bass the sonic rocker of pop culture fame, and Cerulean, a being made of pure energy.

From this massive island fortress located in the middle of Dauphin Bay these heroes will work to protect the city from the depredations of the villainous organization known as Serpent as well as the growing threat of other class ten and above metahumans who seem to be making a come back. When asked for comment on the new team, Police Commissioner Delacourt and Police Chief Doyle released a rare joint statement saying that they were looking forward to working with the team, and hoped that they will add some much needed firepower to the federal government's MIST teams.

As our viewers may recall, a MIST team recently lost several members as well as their suits of advanced body armor when they tried to stop a raid on the high energy physics laboratory at Tycho University. The Constitution Party is already saying that it was this incident that pressured President Trevor into fast tracking this team to get it into place.

The construction of the island base is not without its own controversy as at least two rival companies have sued Sterling Industries for copyright violations claiming that the technology used to construct the Fortress came from stolen tech gleaned from that recovered by SI from the wreckage of Doctor Deathstroke's weapons platform. There of course is no way to prove this, but the public relations damage is already done.

As for the thoughts of the Bay residents, we gathered these comments from various places around town.

“I think it's great. Finally we're going to have someone with the ability to take down the likes of the Professionals, and Team Epsilon!”- a young male college student at Tycho University.

“I'm not comfortable with these metahumans. What if there's another Doctor Deathstroke out there? Will Dolphin Bay pay the same price as Chicago?” - a young female executive from the financial district.

“Super heroes, yeah! Can't wait to see 'em fly! Gotta be better'n them lame MIST agents. Who came up with that name anyway? Might as well be named, My Pink Pony!” - a male fifth grader at David G. Farragut Intermediate School.

“I just hope they're up to the job. It's a lot of pressure to put on such young men and women. I'm just glad that Machine Girl is there to give them some guidance.” - a housewife in the northern suburbs on the edge of St. Sebastian Swamp.

“This is going to end in trouble. Mark my words! Bringing Ran on the team is just asking for God's wrath on the city.”
- male protestor at the funeral of Corporal Tran Griffin who was killed by an IED in Somalia.

Each of the heroes have had a few days to explore the Fortress (See attachment viked from the Algernon Files and modified to fit this setting in the OOC section.) Now it is time to face the music as they say. Each has been asked to gather with Director Caldwell and the Fortress's staff in the main Assembly room for a meet and greet. Afterward there will be a press conference.

The Assembly room is large multi-media room located on the first floor of the Fortress. It is outfitted with comfortable chairs, a large table with a holographic tank in the middle, and monitors all around the room. There is a security guard wearing a Vanguard Foundation uniform outside the door. She smiles at each member as she checks them with a hand scanner to identify the PCM badges each member wears. (See OOC section under Level 1 of the base).

Inside the room Director Cauldwell and Ms. DeCosta are waiting, each dressed for a Press Confence. They are speaking quietly to each other in one corner next to a computer monitor.

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd IC

Postby Mark Reuter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 am

Lady Freedom
HP: 1
Condition: Good

Sarah gets comfortable in her new quarters. When she receives the summons, she crosses the hallway to Michael's room. Knocking lightly she says, "Hey Slug-A-Bed! We have a meeting! You can get your beauty sleep later." She walks to the conference room, pausing to allow the guard to scan her. As she enters the room, she greets her hosts. "Good afternoon! I am Lady Freedom.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Bass
COND: Nervous

Jess sat up in bed, his preternatural good looks belying the fact that he'd not slept well that night, worrying about his choice. Was he really up for this? Sure, he didn't want to deal with the hassles of rock any more, but had he gone too far?

Whatever. Too late for nerves now. Jess got dressed and all prepped. Hands in pockets he came to the conference room, letting the guard scan his badge. A textbook 'for the cameras' smile covered up his anxieties. "Hey. Jess Swift, aka Bass."
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach the peach!

Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Redline
Hero Points: One.
Condition: Damn, I'm *HUNGRY*!

Quentin was a little bummed when he started second year. He got pulled into the coaches office, and there were a bunch of guys in suits, the Dean, the Head of the Athletic Department, even Flash was there. "Sorry Quentin, in light of your ... uhhhh. Due to the extraordinary talents you displayed at the end of last years season ... well ..." They were stammering. And each paused lasted like an hour to Quentin's new adjusted physiology. He was getting impatient. Yeah, he was off the team, it wouldn't be fair having a kick-ass receiver who can run Mach 10, right? He was out of the office before the Dean had stammered out his explanation, or apology.

He was inconsolable for what seemed like weeks, but was most likely just a few hours. After all, that's when the Riley residence got a phone call from the offices of Tristan Pendragon. He was excited for two reasons, one Mr. Pendragon was the head of the Avalon Society. And rumour had it that the Avalon society was trying to put together something big involving metahumans. And two, Tristan's name didn't make Quentin feel so bad about his own.

He received the tour, he'd moved some of his stuff into his new residence, and now. Now. It was time to meet the team.

SLAM!

The door cracked open with a massive impact. And Redline, his hood down and his headphones around his neck sped into the room, a platter with a small mound of burgers on it balanced precariously on one hand. "Whoa! Have you guys checked the kitchen! It's AWESOME! Seriously, my dad's been pissed since I got my powers ... he's had to pull double time at his shop to pay for groceries. And this place. WOW!"

"I took the tour, but fell asleep." As he spoke, the platter disappeared steadily, a burger disappearing between every two or three words. "I mean it was taking for-eeeever!" He made an exaggerated stretch almost losing the platter while moving towards one of the overstuffed chairs. "But this Al guy showed up, some hologram or something. And he like gave me an audio tour on like 50 times speed. So that didn't suck. Don't know how I feel about the museum with a wax figure of my mom though." As he spoke about his mother he gave Lady Freedom a knowing glance. "It's kinda creep, right?"

"Anyways, I'm Redline, please to meet you guys." Almost apologetically he put the platter, now empty except for crumbs down on the table. "Sorry I didn't bring any for you, the medical guys at U of A say I need to keep my calories up with my metabolism and all." Buurp! "Errr, excuse me?"
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby timothy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Cerulean
HP- 1
Condition- slightly overwhelmed

Cerulean floated silently in his quarters, trying to adjust to the changes in his life.

A week ago his limited world had been the slice of his hospital room visible to his immobile gaze. Now the entire world was opened to him. He had used his powers frequently in the past week, no longer needing to eat, drink or sleep, he had explored the city ceaselessly. He had helped firefighters and emt crews, he had assisted police officers with problems both mundane and critical, he had saved 13 cats from trees and rescued a litter of puppies from drowning. And he had caught the attention of the press and the powers that be. When he had been offered a position by Mr. Pendragon he had accepted eagerly.

The Fortress, his new home, had become a focus for much of his time since he had arrived. The museum spaces in particular fascinated him, several tour groups had been surprised to find the faintly glowing blue man joining them in their exploration of metahuman history and achievement.

When the message to assemble came, he stood in mid-air and, with a thought, dispersed the concentration of his energy matrix, allowing him to ghost through the walls and make his way directly to the conference room.

Those already assembled saw the faintly glowing humanoid figure drift upwards through the floor. Once he is fully in the room, his vaguely blurred outline snaps into sharp focus. The blue man is wearing nothing other than a pair of loose-fitting black drawstring pants. With a smile and a nod, he draws his legs up assuming a crossed leg sitting position in mid-air. He watches and listens to the rest of his team.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Lady Freedom
Condition: Amused

As she watches some of her fellow teammates walk in, a slight smile crosses Sarah's face. Mister Pendragon had certainly selected a diverse group of individuals.

"Pleased to meet you all. My name is Lady Freedom, the daughter of Captain Freedom. You'll meet my half-brother, Freedom's Star, soon. I look forward to working with you all."

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Ran

Ran started up the short trek from her bungalow (once more shocked at how big it was by the standards that she was used to) and towards this first official meeting with some concern. She had been used to being on her own when it came to heroics, and even then, there had been more public appearances than actual real action so far.

As she stepped into the building, she smiled warmly to everyone, pausing a good moment on each person and trying to make them feel as if- even for just a moment- they were important. At the same time, her heart fell a little as there were still the negative reactions, mothers hiding their children, teenage boys leering on. This was another matter that she would need to get used to, maybe the image consultant that had been lecturing her had a point, the Americans were much more conservative and prudish. It wasn't like she was skindiving after all, all the necessary parts were covered and even then some extras.

She shook her head, her long braid bouncing back and forth across her back, as she got onto the elevator and began the slow ride up. She stopped to speak with the guard at the door, a warm smile, a quick salute of one warrior to another, "Is this the special meeting for the new team?"

Ophion
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Ophion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 am

Machine Girl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Slightly hung-over. What’s it to you anyway, huh?

Last Night…
Machine Girl’s body slammed into the Fight Pit’s wall hard enough to crack it slightly, the massive fist of the “jobber” who was her opponent for the night gripping her delicate throat like a vice. An instant later she just barely managed to twist her head sharply to one side just as the jobber’s fist launched itself at her face. Instead, it struck the wall behind Machine Girl with enough force to leave an impressively deep and spider-webbed crater in it. In reaction to this the crowds above cheered wildly, while the jobber howled in pain and lost his grip on Machine Girl’s throat.

Machine Girl grabbed the opportunity and danced lightly to one side as the grotesquely over-muscled man before her cradled his injured hand and tried not to cry. She’d never admit it, but the cybernetic beauty almost felt bad for the poor sap.

This particular jobber’s stage name was “The Shaman”, but Machine Girl had not even bothered to figure out why, he was that forgettable. The term “jobber” was a professional wrestling term. In professional wrestling parlance, a “job” was what happened when a professional wrestler had to pretend to lose a match as part of the scripted drama. Hence, a “jobber” was a professional wrestler so lacking in talent or charisma that the only work he could get was as a scripted loser in one wrestling match after another. In the world of boxing one sometimes heard them called “ham-n-eggers”, which referred to boxers who typically lost but were just skilled enough to earn the money to pay for a breakfast of “ham and eggs”. Metahuman shoot-fighting had borrowed both terms. No one wanted to be a jobber, but there was no shortage of hotheaded young metahumans too obsessed with being a ‘bad-@ss’ to notice that they lacked the talent or the skill for it.

In the Machine Girl’s opinion, they were almost always amateurs, of the sort who shouldn’t have even been allowed into the ring with someone like her in the first place.

Take “The Shaman” for example: he was a metahuman, like her, but probably no more than a Class 4 – maybe a Class 5. At those power levels, metahumans were basically just human beings with a few extra perks. So while The Shaman was obviously much stronger than any normal human, he was also just as obviously just as fragile as any normal human! If he’d been a professional he’d have remembered that and would’ve taken it into account during their fight, but he wasn’t a professional, he was jobber, and so he was fighting like he was as tough as he was strong. As a fine example of why this was incredibly stupid, when The Shaman missed Machine Girl’s head and slammed his fist into the concrete wall behind her with enough force to create a one-inch deep crater in its surface just now, he probably also pulverized all of the bones in his fist right along with the concrete. Not a smart move.

The centenarian cyborg ducked in close and did the poor schlub a favor, giving him a one-two count to the face with fists made of metal so aged and weathered, her victim might have been more worried about tetanus at this point than the bones in his hand. It was like being smacked in the head by dull, rusty, fifty-pound nails over and over again. Needless to say, “The Shaman” went down immediately, and without further complaint...

Hey!”, shouted Lee, “Turn that $#!t off, Sammy!

The bartender she’d yelled at gave her a look as he moved to turn off the television set that was replaying one of her old fights. Under her breath Machine Girl muttered, “…or find something less depressing to watch, anyway.

Lee was currently taking drinks in the Swaggering Rooster. Now, while it was true that the Swaggering Rooster had an awesome name – and an equally amazing selection of beers – it was not what most would call a “nice” bar. To conjure the correct image, picture a biker bar in the final stages of crystal meth addiction. OK, moving on.

Lee was in a mood. As so often happened with her, guilt and regret were dragging her down just when she should’ve been flying high, and as usual she was attempting to rectify that with alcohol. Lots of alcohol. The bottle of St. Bernardus Abt. 12 she was nursing was number… huh. She couldn’t remember. Didn’t matter anyway.

She’d been offered the position with the Vanguards only just recently, been shown the facilities at the Fortress only just the other day, and was set to begin her new life as a member of this generation’s Justice Squad tomorrow. It all seemed incredible. And ridiculous. It made her feel like a criminal who’d gotten away with something.

The bartender, choosing to heed Lee’s last request to “find something else” rather than turn off the television, had changed the channel but Lee found she didn’t like the new program any better than the previous. It was a news program with some reporter discussing, of all things, the new Vanguard team and the metahumans making up its roster – which, of course, meant her. She couldn’t seem to get away from herself tonight, no matter how hard she tried.

On the television the news report switched to on-site comments from various locals. It was the typical, trite meaningless nonsense one expected from these “man on the street” opinion pieces and Lee was on the verge of tuning it out completely when one of them grabbed her attention. A nondescript housewife-looking woman was speaking earnestly to the reporter interviewing her. “I just hope they’re up to the job”, she said, “It’s a lot of pressure to put on such young men and women. I’m just glad that Machine Girl is there to give them some guidance.

Machine Girl’s reaction, upon hearing this, was a complicated and rather eye-catching process, beginning with her nearly spewing her most recent swig of beer all over the place (which she managed to avoid doing – barely), followed by several seconds of hacking and choking after her attempt at swallowing went down the wrong pipe, and finished by several more seconds of laughing wildly and bitterly like the drunken old woman she really was. The fact that she looked like she was a fashion model out on a bender, who was still in her twenties, and who was maybe the finest little mamacita most of the Rooster’s other patrons had ever seen in real life – and that she had metal arms – just made her that much more of a spectacle.

“Hey Lee”, said ‘Sammy’ the bartender (his real name was Steve, but Machine Girl kept forgetting it and making up new ones for him when she did), “maybe you’ve had enough for the night, huh? How ‘bout I call a cab and you call it a night…” Sammy, real name Steve, was already reaching for the phone but stopped with a jerk at the sound of Machine Girl’s metal fist slamming down onto the bar with tremendous force.

Zevali yebalo*!”, she shouted angrily, causing most of the conversation in the Rooster to grind to halt and people to stare at her. Lee drunkenly tried to get up off the barstool she’d been sitting on, nearly fell on her face in the process, but caught herself at the last minute (barely) and pulled herself upright again. She drew herself to her full height and stared angrily at Sammy (real name Steve) with great – if highly inebriated – gravitas.

I”, she announced, speaking slowly in an attempt to keep the drunken slurring out of her voice (and failing), “am going home.” She was pointed decisively at the confused bartender, and gave him an accusing look as she spoke, as if he were the one behaving inappropriately and she was the one who’d finally had enough of it. Lee spun around so that she could face her fellow patrons (stumbling again in the process) and, after giving the room a glassy-eyed once over, said again, “I’m going home.” And with that, she stalked (in a slightly zig-zaggy kind of way) out of the Rooster and into the night.

It took a few moments after that for the Rooster to recover its Swagger and get back to business as usual.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today…
You’re sure you’re at the right meeting, dorogaja*?”, Machine Girl asked as she reached the Scandinavian giantess and the tiny-by-comparison security guard at the door, having just arrived on the next elevator ride after Ran’s. “You look like you’re dressed for a swimsuit contest.”

Lee had a noticeable accent. Despite having spoken the English language for… well, for longer than most native speakers, she had never quite managed to get rid of a thick accent that had started its long life sounding vaguely Russian, but that now could simply be described as sounding like it had come from somewhere deep in the Old World.

For her part, Lee was dressed in an obviously old and well-worn wife-beater, some rugged-looking and equally worn-in looking khaki cargo pants, and a pair of sturdy boots. Despite looking like worn-in field gear her clothes looked clean enough, but her hair was a bit disheveled and she looked tired. Fortunately, Lee was the sort of girl who made disheveled hair and rumpled men’s undershirts look sexy, and being hung-over and tired tended to give her bedroom eyes rather than bags under them. One of the few real favors being a metahuman had done for her, in her opinion.

Her famously cybernetic arms were on full display, though since her Chrysalis they were more properly described as “biomechanical”. They still looked high-tech and mechanical, but were much sleeker and smoother in appearance than they had been previously – more naturally “armlike” overall, really. But they still had the same appearance of being made out of heavily aged and weathered COR-TEN steel (rust-red with areas of dirty gray visible underneath). Their aged, pitted, and well-used appearance fitted her attire perfectly.

Lee had done the whole “tights and spandex” thing in the past, but only when it involved professional fashion designers and super-science materials that did things like make her more bullet proof than she already was or her B.O. smell like Chanel No 5. Short of that she preferred to go with basic clothing tough enough to stand up to most field work and cheap enough that she wouldn’t care when they were inevitably torn up, stained, or otherwise ruined. Doing hero-work in a bathing suit wasn’t something she’d tried before.

Lee stuck a metal thumb under the left shoulder strap of her tank top and stretched it towards the security guard so that the woman could scan the PCM pinned to it.

Zevali yebalo: Russian, very rude way to tell someone to “shut the f*** up!”
Dorogaja: Russian, means “dear”.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:28 am

Ran

Ran chuckles warmly as she looks over Machine, making a sound not too unlike the waves breaking against the rocky beach outside, "Good morning to you too Lee," she frowns thoughtfully, pursing her lips. "You're the fourth person that has said that to me this morning." she lets out a low disgruntled growling grunt, shaking her head as she starts to follow Machine in. Surprisingly, there isn't much of a thud, much more of a slap, with each step of her bared feet.

She pauses a moment as she steps in, another warm smile towards everyone, "A good morning to all!". A quick friendly nod to all of the known solider-types. A slight blush if she gets any stares. A soft mutter under her breath, "Karen might just be right about the new uniform.."

Feeling more self-conscious now, she pours out a small amount of water over her fingers and begins to play with it, drawing it out into a thin string and starts to make string figures out of it, moving from 'a hole in the tree' to 'fishnet' to the much more familiar 'cats cradle'.

Arknight
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Arknight » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:46 am

Freedom's Star
Condition: Good

It had been a late night for Michael. He'd been up until well after midnight to finish a couple of papers he had due for his classes. As a result, he was sound asleep when his sister knocked on his door. He sat straight up in his bed suddenly wide awake at the mention of perhaps the biggest meeting he'd ever have.

He dressed in his costume and slid his arm into the straps on his shield. He checked himself in the mirror before heading out and down to the meeting. He arrived just in time to see Machine Girl and Ran enter the room. He stepped up to let the guard scan his badge and entered close behind.

"Morning all!"

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Cauldwell looked up at the gathered heroes and frowned slightly. Someone was missing. He'd have to find out what was going on with Amazonia later. In the meantime, he had a briefing to lead, and then a press conference to conduct. Hopefully these guys were as good as their files suggested.

Clearing his throat the blond man said, "If everyone would have a seat." Looking at one of the chairs at the end of the table with a name placard that read Ran, he indicated to the tall woman and said, "I think you'll find that seat more comfortable."

"I hope everyone has had a chance to get settled in and tour the facilities. I'm also hoping to get through this meeting and press conference without an emergency rising." He frowned slightly and continued, "I'm not normally that cynical but we're getting some disturbing chatter from Serpent. Something major is about to go down an honestly I'm worried. I want each of you to be ready to head out into the city on a moment's notice."

To the side, Ms. DeCosta was nodding her head and looking worried. "We don't want to throw you into the mix before you even have a chance to get to know each other, but the reality doesn't look good. On the other hand, if things go wrong, we can look at this as an opportunity to shine." She was obviously trying to look at the news in the best light.

"That being said," Cauldwell continued, "Welcome to the Fortress and welcome to the Vanguards. I am looking forward to a long and successful relationship with each and every one of you."

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Ran

Ran blows upwards across her face, trying to blow free a stray hair from between her eyes. Finding that doesn't work, she reaches up with one hand to pull it out of her face. The string continues to dance in the air before her with only one hand.

With a proud step, she moves over to her chair towards the foot of the table, hoping that it isn't a sign of things to come, a curious smile as she look over at where everyone else say. It often said something about a person on where they chose to sit, which side, how far away from the leader.

"Thank you sir. Thank you friends. No offense, but I hope that you're wrong. But evil never rests, does it?"

timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby timothy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Cerulean
HP- 1
Condition- eager

The blue man looks at the table for a moment before floating across to his assigned seat across the table from Ran. Unfolding his legs he drifts down into the comfortable-looking conference chair.

Placing his hands on the table, he pushes his chair back a few inches and then pauses with a look of amazed wonder on his face. Placing one foot on the floor he pushes gently causing the chair to spin on it's swivel mechanism. He smiles happily and obviously considers a second spin before remembering where he is.

When he faces Pendragon, his face is serious, save perhaps for the tiniest trace of a smile at the corner of his mouth.
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Amazonia
HP 1

Amazonia felt overwhelmed by all of the technology in the base. She was certain the holographic butler had felt it when she accidentally interfaced with him upon first entering the building and had thus not slept well the night before, afraid he would give her away before she even got the chance to know people.

Perhaps this was why she woke up a half hour late that morning, by the time she was ready the meeting had already started. She tried to sneak into the meeting room but, being a huge and attractive woman, that was impossible. Apologizing profusely she took her seat sheepishly and listened to the speakers.

Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Redline
Hero Points: One.
Condition: First Gear.

Freedom's Star said: "Morning all!"

Lady Freedom said: My name is Lady Freedom, the daughter of Captain Freedom. You'll meet my half-brother, Freedom's Star, soon.

Half brother? HALF BROTHER! I thought ... this team just gets better and better!

Quentin quickly scanned his new teammates, the first was Lady Freedom and her half brother ... Half brother! Woo Hoo! Freedom's Star. Freedom's Star was stacked, looked like the boy put in hours at the gym, he wore his spandex well, and that shield looked pretty impressive too. Not too talkative, maybe a bit nervous, but confident. That was good. Lady Freedom was similar, though much softer on the eyes. Obviously. And that playful smirk. Killer.

Then there was that machine chick, she kind of reeked of attitude. Or well, maybe she used attitude to keep people at arms length, Quentin had run into that before. Competent, and dismissive. But still, she had alot of experience, everyone else around the table were a bunch of rookies compared to her. Then there was bass, another quiet one. THAT was surprising. Considering Jess' music, hell, Quentin had a few of his tracks on his ipod somewhere, he was sure. Maybe he could teach me a thing or two about playing. With my speed I could melt face with a guitar solo!

There was blue track pants dude, he was kind of spooky. What's his deal? Oh yeah, I should have read those personnel files. I'll do that after the press conference, should take about 3.2 seconds. Cerulean freaked him out a little, and that whole ghost entrance didn't help. But then he did immature stuff like spinning around on the chair. Maybe I could get to like him. And Ran. Whew. I can't look at her without blushing. That's bad. But there's a cute little self consciousness in the way she's playing with her ... water threads like that.

And there was Amazonia, another legacy like himself and Captain Freedom's kids. She looked a little embarrassed to be late, maybe it was first day jitters. She certainly looked like she'd be a help in a fight, tall and probably as tough and strong as her mother. All in all a pretty good group of people to have at your back.

... we're getting some disturbing chatter from Serpent. Something major is about to go down ...
Mr. Cauldwell's voice pulled Quentin's eyes back into focus.

Raising his hand nervously, like the first day of school. "Umm, Mr. Cauldwell. Sir?" He waited patiently to be acknowledged before continuing. Patiently. It must have been a millisecond, maybe even two!

"Do we have any information on Serpent? Their standard M.O., a roster of meta-human personnel, objectives? And chatter, chatter from who? About what? I mean, I am sure you know best, I just like to know a bit about the other team before we suit up and take the field. You know?"
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)

Return to “M&M Game Room”