Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd OOC

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 pm

sorry, the server was down at the school where I was today. I promise to get posted BEFORE the debates tonight.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Sadly, speaking with it doesn't seem to do any good. Move to plan b, kill it.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

We still didn't try to power stunt Create with Affects Insubstantial, Descriptor Elemental Water, to douse it. Oh well, plan B, outer space.

Also, Redline's going for Bay City Burgers, who wants some? ;) Freedom will be hungry when she gets back from Orbit!
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm

We have been dousing it with elemental water for about 2 minutes. We have tried to grab it. It's insubstantial but apparently not to stone. The first round, Lady Freedom can make it 30 miles, 60 if there is still such a thing as all-out movement. 62 miles is technically the beginning of "outer space" so I am not sure if Lady Freedom can use her space movement 1 at that point or not or if she has to make it out to 430 miles before she can kick it.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm going to let you guys discuss which direction you want to take it. I've heard a couple of plans. You guys decide amongst yourself what you're going to do.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ophion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm

I think the decision was made for us, cobalt-blue (glances sidelong at Lady Freedom). Outer space it is. And hey, if it works, then so much the better! For my part, I'm ready to move on to the next scene. ;)
Ophion
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Thank you, Ophion, for having Machine Girl tell off the director. I so wanted to have Lady Freedom do it but I was hoping that the sarcasm of her remark that he had an accurate analysis of the situation would be duly noted.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Ophion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 pm

No worries. I'm just making sure Machine Girl's doing her part around here! :D
Ophion
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Mark Reuter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm

I am just trying to end this scenario so we can go back to HQ and give our after action report. We may move up to a 43% success on our mission, if this works.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:09 pm

It is possible you may just need to get the thing to escape velocity, maybe you only need to go about as high up as HALO jumpers, or even less, and fling it the rest of the way. Hopefully the near vacuum of space snuffs it because if not it could get pulled back in by earths gravity and land back planetside.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 am

Post is IC. I'm really not trying to sustain an argument or cause trouble... :lol:
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:02 am

Frankly, if someone has a better idea, go for it. This thread is moving at a snail's pace. I am trying to move things along. We have a water elemental who has been dousing the flames with water, which hasn't worked. That to me is elemental water. This is a game of descriptors. If water from a water elemental isn't elemental water, I don't know what is. Who's to say that a vacuum would work? At least with my solution, if a vacuum doesn't work, the fire is offplanet and can't really hurt anything.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am

If YOU feel like it is going to work then do it! I've got nothing better other and honestly agree with you. Fly into space nobody is going to stop you.

But do NOT cut into your fellow teammates just because you are frustrated.

I'll be here to fly it into space when nothing works.

The above helps nobody, and makes us look like bickering idiots in front of the press.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby timothy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:55 am

My problem here is that the solution keeps changing.

First we're told that cutting off oxygen will work, but then Mark decides it won't.

We're told that "elemental" water will work, but then Mark says that the water being used is really "elemental water", though no one has ever specifically stated that.

We're told that it is sitting there, then m\Mark declares that it is setting the city on fire qand will destroy the earth.

I feel like there is a little steam-rollering going on and I don't particularly like it. If Mark wants to be the big hero, let Lady Freedom do what she wants. But don't expect all of us to agree with you or go along just because you want to end the scene...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mark Reuter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

The press can't hear us. Will LF's plan work? Yes it will. Can the GM just handwave this away? Yes he can. This is a ridiculous situation as it is. Why would one of the teenagers fighting the villains in the museum conjure a ball of elemental flame to destroy the city? If he has that kind of power, then we wouldn't have needed to intervene.

So, come up with a plan that we can all agree on or better yet, let Cobalt-Blue choose and just narrate what happens.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room