Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Legacy of Doctor Deathstroke: Issue 1 Vangaurd OOC

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:49 am

I'm very good at overthinking, I get a lot of practice at it.

Hopefully, I'm doing that in regards to this scene. The way I'm reading it is that there is still Something that caused the molten earth and its still active. Its probably the experimental power source, which implies all kinds of radition terrors. Ran can't approach or study it directly, hopefully one of the more robust team members can. Taking this a step further in the overthinking, I'm concerned that all the water that Ran used to handle the fire is going to be highly contaminated.

Am I completely off base?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 am

Good thinking and staying in character. But to be honest, you're off base. The cause of the molten rock is something far more prosaic, and frightening.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mark Reuter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 am

May I ask what heroes in your campaign have to do to earn hero points? I am just curious because if I were running this particular scene, I would have already handed out at least four individual ones and at least three team ones. So, any suggestions/hints?
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby timothy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm

How big is this object?

If necessary, Cerulean will help Lady Freedom (also a 14 str for lifting and a flight 7).
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm

From the hints that I've had from Cobalt, sounds like the metal is less heavy and just plain hot (damaging), but I could be very wrong (its never been known to happy before ;) )
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:50 am

The material does not seem to be solid, nor liquid, but instead a ball of fire that is burning of its own accord.

Mark-

I'm sorry, but you managed to hit on one of my biggest weaknesses as a GM. I'm bad about not giving out HP or XP. My tabletop group always asks if I'm feeling alright when I do. I tend to get caught up in the story. I DO usually give them though at the END of scene. It takes a REALLY outstanding action to get HP IN a scene.

That being said, I don't think there are quite that many instances of individual HP. However, when this scene is over, I'll be making my HP awards.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 am

I am on the opposite end of the scale. I probably give out too many HP. Then again, I usually make my battles epic and my players usually need those HP to pull off epic feats. It's quite alright. Different strokes for different folks. Also, since in the games I played in, HP didn't carry over from scene to scene; they reset. So, if you didn't use the HP handed out in scene, they went away at the reset (which made for some epic storytelling). So that's why I give out (and spend) HP like crazy.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 am

GM fiats usually require the awarding of HP. And I counted at least three. Rage's reroll of his toughness save. And the two villains who teleported away (one with another of his unconscious allies), each of whom would have had to surge to do so. If I am wrong, then I do apologize.
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 am

Considering that the superkids were in a group with their teacher and that we had already been told that the teacher had counted students and three were unaccounted for, it seems to me that the effort to protect their identities is like rushing to close the barn door as the horse's gallop into the sunset.

What we can do to help them and their families is going to be a big after-action problem...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:07 am

The reporters haven't yet talked to the school administration, so if we can shut it down before the media grabs a hold of it, we could salvage their identities. Assuming of course the school works with us ... either way it's worth a shot ... at least while they recover from their injuries.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby timothy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 am

It's not the school admin, it's the other students.

Between gossip and the desire to be important/famous, it's just a matter of time before they're headlines...

I'm wondering about identity protection programs plus extensive counseling and training...
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mark Reuter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Anyway, IC and OOC, I forgot that the kids were part of a field trip. They were wearing costumes (or at least I thought they were).

What are the penalties for being exhausted?
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:17 am

I thought power stunts had to make logical sense based off of the descriptors of your array. I don't see how being super strong makes you able to interact with an insubstantial energy source, or am I just confused?
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 am

Yeah, I agree.
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mark Reuter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 am

Deleted the posts. Sorry, I am a little frustrated right now. Anyone have any suggestions or shall we let the ball of flame burn the Earth?
Mark Reuter
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room