Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

3E - Peerless Heroes Paragenger! ::OOC::

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 3E Recruitment - Peerless Heroes Paragenger!

Postby ZamuelNow » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Wondering what all the town itself will have in it as far as world building is concerned. We obviously have the mountain. In theory the construction company owned by Henrietta's father would be a big deal. Wonder what else.
ZamuelNow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Mr.Sandman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 pm

My pop's car shop. (Had to say it, it rhymes)
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:25 pm

A high school, since the characters aren't in college yet. A never-empty well of potential problems (between class assignments, homework, rival students, and a source of bystanders for the monster of the week to threaten).

Bigger cities may have a Community College - tend to offer more esoteric courses, and may have higher tech or rarer stuff than high schools have access to (in case someone needs a transtemporal dischronometer or something).

Malls are literally everywhere. As are Community Centers.
batlh ta'nISlu' net ta' - "One does what one must do. Honorably"
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby metool2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Okay, sorry everyone. Past few days have been busy at the hospital with my mom, but everythings looking up.

Anyway, I guess we'll go with who we got, it's a good group! and i'll leave open submission for the future when we make pick up 2-3 more players in the next 'wave' of arrivals, if we ever have that.

As for the Zords/Mech, I have a plan for that but its not going to show up right off the bat. I'd like the players to grow slowly into their status, and decide how they are going to take it, before the mech and the escalation shows up.

City wise, we can go with a fairly vanilla metropolis filled with your characters locations and many possible additions. Let's say if you want the city to have it for fluff purposes, it'll be allowed within reason and RP purposes. While there are highschools, your characters don't have to attend the same ones, but you can to make pre-set-up relationships possible. The actual union and first changes will come in the first post which ill try to get up by Monday.
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Are we starting? Did I miss the IC thread?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Prof Weird » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Mr.Sandman wrote:Are we starting? Did I miss the IC thread?

I haven't seen an IC thread either; suspect RL complications and delays.
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Prof Weird » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Thud !
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Sadness.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby metool2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 pm

A month later, and I have to seriously apologize!

My mom has been having complications for a few years now after having some surgery to get her stomache stapled. It was rough back then, but I thought we got through it... trouble was, the hole in her stomache never really healed for a long time, and it was left open for a while. This past year she finally got to go and try to get it closed again, but we've been having bad complications over and over....

As far as I know though, it's done now. They did the last surgery that should be done, and it should close up now... So with all this drama and all done, i'm going to have more time to come back here.

If anyone is still interested, give a shout. I'll open up recruitment again until Mon 19th. Previous players get preferential treatment.
Kamen Rider Builds
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Prof Weird » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Hope you mom's okay - there is nothing quite so nerve wracking as sick loved ones.

Still interested in playing.
Prof Weird
Champion
Champion

Postby metool2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 pm

She's recovering, but it seems to be all behind us now as long as nothing unexpected comes up.

And good to hear! I'v been thinking alot about this game and mulling ideas, but just havent had the time or emotional energy. >.<
Kamen Rider Builds
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 am

Hope everything is ok. I am aslo still interested.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby metool2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Everything is, but still needing one more player. I contacted Zam but haven't heard back, and wouldn't feel right running with two players for this setting.

If it doesnt work out, i'll put it on hiatus for a while and may try to either revive my Kamen Rider style game, or Megaman game.
Kamen Rider Builds
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby robertness » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:35 pm

I've always had a soft spot for a sentai team RPG. What roles need to be filled?
robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby metool2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Glad to hear! Well for now we just have June and Mitch. June being a trained martial artist with the ability to manipulate the chi flow of the body, while Mitch is a nimble mechanic who can wield twin boomerangs. If Zam comes back, we also will have Henrietta, who is a strong construction manager... So we have a skill close range, skill long range, and heavy hitting type.

The concept is that everyone was an Elysian in a previous life before being reborn on earth in human lives, attributing to more skills/abilities. So, there are alot of possible things to fill, but i'd rather it either be something physical, or a very subtle mental abilities.

Trying to go by the five man band concept, we'd probably have Mitch be a lancer type, June being the chick with her persuasion and spiritual connections, and Henrietta being the Big Guy / leader type.
Kamen Rider Builds
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room