Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Crinoverse: The Miami Operation. Episode 2 (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Crinoverse: The Miami Operation. Episode 1 (IC)

Postby speeddemon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Gildarts Clive

"Hey robots, the party is just getting started over here, why don't you stay a while" Gildarts says while he moves towards the main group of robots that has gathered to capture the escaped people, and starts punching his way through as many of them as he can. After he's punched through as many of the little robots as he can he makes his to Mr.Friendly's side hoping that the big robot was at least angered by Mr.Friendly's trick and will try to attack him, which will allow Gildarts to intercept the blow and deal some damage towards the big robot too, because of his aura (note that the robots would not know about his yet due to subtle 2)

Assuming the little robots are minions, I'll take 10 on my attack rolls and power attack 5/All-out Attack 3 ending up with an attack bonus of +10 (20 total if I'm able to take 10) and a corrosion rank 13 (Fort DC 23, Toughness DC 28), after I've used takedown attack on as many as I can I'll move-by-action to end my turn by Mr.Friendly and will use interpose with Withstand Damage 5 against the big robot's attack, If Mr.Friendly is targeted. This will lower my defence to a base 10 and leave me flat-footed but boost my toughness to +17 and If it's a melee attack the big robot will be subject to my Corrosion Aura. Let me know If the smaller robots aren't minions and I'll make attack rolls for them.
speeddemon
Champion
Champion

Postby marcoasalazarm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 am

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:Crown
HP: 2

Crown blast the first robot in the squad trying to chase down the escapees with the gun the hunter threw her.
attack: 1d20+10=26 (have Precise Shot, in case that's relevant), don't know the damage bonus so you'll have to calculate it GM

(OOC: Damage Bonus is same as standard Blaster Pistol on the Equipment Section).

IC: Crown's blast hits the robot on the side, digging on the side armor and making something inside it malfunction.

The robot's legs remain stuck on one position and the robot topples forward, crashing to the ground. It tried to get up and walk a couple of times, but both times it cannot. So it resorts to drag itself after the prisoners, at a much slower pace.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby marcoasalazarm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 am

poodle wrote:Uncle Friendly
HP 4

"Ooooh that big robot could be a problem. I hope someone stops it soon."
AP-"Look out for that..." As a standard action, you can cause a damaging
“accident” to befall someone: a load of bricks falls on them,
they’re hit by a car, or by a bolt of lightning out of the blue;
anything you can reasonably justify to the GM as possible (if
highly improbable). This is a Perception Range Penetrating
Damage effect with rank 10

One of the pods' power lines falls right on top of one of the remaining big crab robots, hitting right where the neck connects to the rest of the body.

There is a shower of sparks not unlike a Fourth of July fireworks display (not that Friendly would know that), and the robot lets out a big 'SQUAAAAAAAAAKKKKKK!' of tortured electronics as it convulses and twists its arms this way and that, stepping on the crawling robot as it does and turning its legs into a metal pancake.
Last edited by marcoasalazarm on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby marcoasalazarm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am

speeddemon wrote:Gildarts Clive

"Hey robots, the party is just getting started over here, why don't you stay a while" Gildarts says while he moves towards the main group of robots that has gathered to capture the escaped people, and starts punching his way through as many of them as he can. After he's punched through as many of the little robots as he can he makes his to Mr.Friendly's side hoping that the big robot was at least angered by Mr.Friendly's trick and will try to attack him, which will allow Gildarts to intercept the blow and deal some damage towards the big robot too, because of his aura (note that the robots would not know about his yet due to subtle 2)

Assuming the little robots are minions, I'll take 10 on my attack rolls and power attack 5/All-out Attack 3 ending up with an attack bonus of +10 (20 total if I'm able to take 10) and a corrosion rank 13 (Fort DC 23, Toughness DC 28), after I've used takedown attack on as many as I can I'll move-by-action to end my turn by Mr.Friendly and will use interpose with Withstand Damage 5 against the big robot's attack, If Mr.Friendly is targeted. This will lower my defence to a base 10 and leave me flat-footed but boost my toughness to +17 and If it's a melee attack the big robot will be subject to my Corrosion Aura. Let me know If the smaller robots aren't minions and I'll make attack rolls for them.

(OOC: Robots are minions, yeah, by definition. Hmm... haven't used that rule before... OK, not a problem).

IC:
Gildarts goes through two of the robots before getting to where Friendly is, leaving behind him two melting piles of steel and electronics.

Gildarts interposes himself between Friendly and the robot in good time. The convulsions manage to throw off the power line and the robot twists towards the two of them, firing a laser which hits Gildarts right on the chest.

The laser knocks the wind out of Gildarts, but otherwise leaves him unharmed (Damage Bonus of the attack was +10).

"CAPTURE LASER MALFUNCTION!", barks out the robot. "MUST RECALIBRATE!"
Last edited by marcoasalazarm on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby Kreuzritter » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 am

all-out power attack +5/-5 on the big robot1d20+8=23

dc 34

Not wasting time, Atlantitan follows up the lucky accident with a flurry of building-crushing blows
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby marcoasalazarm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 am

(OOC: Assuming Atlantitian is attacking the robot that attacked Gildarts).

IC:

The robot doesn't has time to dodge. The massive fist of Atlantitian smashes its head clean off, not to mention part of its upper torso.

The robot stumbles around for a few seconds and then plops over 'dead'.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby speeddemon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Gildarts laughs off the laser attack completely unharmed

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3729503/ 1d20+17=32 for toughness
speeddemon
Champion
Champion

Postby Phrozen » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Cyrano

"Just a few more left." Cyrano stabs at the 'blinded' robot again trying to disable it.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby marcoasalazarm » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Cyrano's attack goes right through the robot's brain (or where the brain would be, if it was a human) and pokes out the rear end of its helmet. The robot plops over dead.

As for Gildarts, the laser doesn't does any damage. Atlantitian's fist smashes the robot dead with ease.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 am

Hybrid
Character Sheet - HP: 2

Hybrid re-adjusts and continuous his claw attacks with rekindled vigor..

claw attack vs small robot, taking 10. Hit defense 20 for a DC 25 toughness save.

Shapeshift: claws (Improved Critical 3, Strike 2 (str based) & penetrating 6) and hard skin/fur (Impervious Toughness 4)
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby marcoasalazarm » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 am

Hybrid's attack tears through the robot, ripping out part of its inner 'organs' from its chest. It collapses.

This leaves one untouched robot, one robot that is severely crippled (the one without its legs) and one big robot.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby marcoasalazarm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:25 pm

The people running all around distract the robots, and the remaining big one extends tentacles, capturing two people and hoisting them high, placing them on the nearest still-functional pod.

This drives the crowd even crazier, and they actually jump on the remaining small robot, banging onto it with their bare hands and hitting it with pipes. The robot crashes to the ground, where they tear it to pieces.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Nostalgia (She-Ra)

The warrior woman leaps at the large robot, sword gleaming as she slashes at it.

8+10=18 DC 25 toughness
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby marcoasalazarm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:33 am

(OOC: Rolled a 1 on its Toughness Save).

IC:
She-Ra's sword cleaves right through it, top to bottom, like it was just... well... a gigantic loaf of bread.

Both of the robot's pieces fall in different directions, circuitry sputtering and vital fluids spurting.

All that is missing is an explosion-which, thankfully, doesn't happens (because there's too many bystanders). But it still would have been cool.

Or so Nostalgia thinks.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Postby marcoasalazarm » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 pm

All of the robots thus destroyed, the team is inside the room with several loosened prisoners.

The alien hunter looks around for a moment and says: "...I think that the computers are this way."
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room