Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sunshine City School Days (2E OOC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Sunshine City School Days (2E OOC)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Ha, if you would like to. 'He' doesn't get away for long.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Cosmic Hunter » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:24 pm

I want to apologize to everyone very staunchly for my extended absence over the course of the last couple of weeks. School decided to increase in pace but luckily I think the worst of it has evened out. As long as you all will still have me I'll be posting on the thread in moments. :D
Cosmic Hunter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby ecar369 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:53 am

Yea I'm cool with just moving on if it's not that important.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 am

Not yet. I had the food fight planned but came up with this bit on the fly when not everyone went there. I still need to flesh it out a bit before it becomes a major piece of plot. I will have the start of the next adventure up some point tonight.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Hey, if at any point someone can suggest a new monster form for Bestiary to develop that would be helpful. The restriction is they should be animal-like, no humanoids.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Black Dog? Fear effects, minor combat ability, minor precog just some of the possible things it could do.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby ecar369 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:43 am

Sorry guys, dropping out of this one.
"Even if you have a lot of hit points, a dagger through the eye is a dagger through the eye."
ecar369
Cohort
Cohort

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 am

I'm not so sure of my interest anymore either: that amount of detail in that class list confuses me. What are we supposed to do with all that information? I am honestly now scared of the amount of RP in this game. Did I actually sign up for this?
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby hazy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:28 am

I'm sorry no post from me. I've got flu/mono? Going to the doc this morning to find out. I'm enjoying the game but I can barely keep my head up for more than a little while. Thinking is... not good. And apparently I need to make a new breakfast because the kittens we adopted just found mine while my back was turned for a minute typing this.
hazy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 am

ecar369 wrote:Sorry guys, dropping out of this one.

Ok. It was good to have you. If you feel comfortable posting your reasoning I would like to know but you don't have to. I would also like to know what you liked/didn't like about the game and myself as a GM.

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:I'm not so sure of my interest anymore either: that amount of detail in that class list confuses me. What are we supposed to do with all that information? I am honestly now scared of the amount of RP in this game. Did I actually sign up for this?

Its ok if you are no longer interested. The class list is mostly so I know who is where while events are happening. We will not be roleplaying every class, I just felt the first one at least should have something. When something important happens during a class we will roleplay it but if nothing happens a few days at a time they will just be skipped. Maybe I try to add too much detail into school games, my first one fell through for similar reasons, but if you are still interested I am glad to have you in game. If you are not I would like to know form you as well your likes and dislikes of both the game and myself.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 am

Let me make simple what my problem is: you are expecting too much out of me in relation to what you are giving me to work with.

Adding detail and expecting a lot of open RP aren't problems with you: that's a legitimate play style (albeit one I don't think works that well with the slow nature of PbP). What is a problem with you is you didn't specify this sort of stuff would be happening when you recruited.

If you are intending to continue in this vein of open RP sandbox then I cannot continue as it hits an uncanny valley of creativity which I cannot meet. If you want me to stay you have to provide a more visible target to engage with and some visible goal to work toward.

At the very least next time tell people how the game is going to be played as well as what it's going to be about.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 am

Ok. That is a very good idea. I may need to rethink howw I am running this game. This seems to be something I run into only in school games. My mind goes to the school aspect, somewhere the players will spend most of their time, not the game aspect, where the adventure is at. I will try to fix this and please inform me when this is working and when it is not. Ecar, if these problems are thhe same you are having I apologize, please feel free to return if you would like.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 am

Mr.Sandman wrote:My mind goes to the school aspect, somewhere the players will spend most of their time, not the game aspect, where the adventure is at.

The problem is not that you do this. The problem is that you do not say you are going to do this in your recruiting post.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 am

Then the problem is I do it unintentionally and for that I apologize. I will think on this today and hopefully return tonight with a better view of how I would like to run this.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:32 am

Mr.Sandman wrote:Then the problem is I do it unintentionally and for that I apologize.

Apology accepted.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room