Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Deadlands OOC

Post by kirinke » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:50 am

Crazyivan777 wrote:Again, I apologize, guys- I think I'm going to withdraw from the game. Nothing to do with any of you- I'm just having the devil's own time coming up with how to play my character. Kinda sucks when it's a character that you came up with on your own, no? :( Hopefully you guys will have a really successful recruitment, and find other groovy folk who are a chunk better at this than I am.
Happens to all of us, sometimes you just can't get into character. G'luck elsewhere. Although if ye want, try getting with sweetja and see if you can craft a character better suited to you. In a game like this, it's easy enough to introduce and withdraw new characters. I'd go with something not quite so pacifist, they're hard to play in a high-action western. :wink:

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:37 am

Sorry to hear that. If you want to try to come up with a different character let me know, if not hopefully I'll see you in another game.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 am

Even if Ryan comes on that leaves us with four so I think I'm going to open up to recruiting. Any suggestions/comments before I do?

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 am

I would simply highlight the issues that came up - Not to put too fine a point on it, but indicate why Wanekia withdrew... Very humanistic shaman type suddenly finding herself in a group that borders on being the monsters she wants to defend the world against...

That sort of thing...

Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Deadlands OOC Now recruiting 1-2 players Please read OP

Post by Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 am

Hey guys, guess I should take this out of the realm of PM and let everyone know what I'm working on.

Since your shaman withdrew, I'm going to make a Mage with an emphasis on manipulating fate and probability (Entropy sphere for those of you familiar with WoD Mage). In practice, play will be quite similar to Scarlet Witch.

Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 am

I guess the Huckster from the OP most resembles what I'm going to play with. I like the poker cards idea, too.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 am

Sounds fun. If you want anymore info on hucksters to make it a bit more of a hyrbrid approach just ask. I'd also like to note that ivan is working on another character as well. I'm still holding open recruitment because I like to have 6 players just because of the attrition of pbp.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

On another note I just found my big stash of deadlands books that never got used and wanted to ask how familiar people are with the published adventures as I'd kinda of like to do one original one published rotation. I'm also hoping to pick up the supernatural sourcebook soon.

Ryan M. Danks
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Ryan M. Danks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 am

I'm not familiar at all.

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Crazyivan777 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm familiar with the adventures that came in the sourcebooks,and the 3-part series before the Hell on Earth release. I didn't pick up any of the others.

For purposes of full disclosure, both I and the GM are trying to get the right source material, but I'm now making a shifter of my own. A Balam warrior.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm generally aware of the big picture metaplot, but never got into the individual adventures.

Ivan, I'm glad to see that you're not going away, simply adjusting.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Ye might want to specify something that isn't prejudiced against shifters or violence. We probly don't want no raving maniacs, but this is the old weird west we're talking about, were if'n ye didn't have a gun or some way of defendin yerself, ye were buzzerd food. In other words, havin a vow of non-violence probably isn't gonna be a good fit for this group. Nor is shooting the place up gonna be a good fit either. :)

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 pm

I suspect that I can make a really good argument that Honesty is a pacifist.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Spectrum wrote:I suspect that I can make a really good argument that Honesty is a pacifist.
Lol. I don't think unbuckling a saddle in mid-ride is that much of a pacifist.

Kinda like saying the Doctor is a pacifist. He doesn't like fighting, but when he does, you really don't want to be anywhere around him. :twisted:

dreamking89
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by dreamking89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:52 pm

I might submit my character from an actual Deadlands game I was in.

I'll probably post his bio if it were a full Deadlands game. You can alter the background as you see fit
It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor.