Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: Deadlands OOC

Post by Spectrum » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 am

Probably she'd be a Hunter the Reckoning character.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:08 pm

I sort of alluded internally in an IC post that she might be an Incarna manifested on Earth...

I was thinking something along the lines of a Gaian version of the fomori...

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Bladewind wrote:I sort of alluded internally in an IC post that she might be an Incarna manifested on Earth...

I was thinking something along the lines of a Gaian version of the fomori...
Well here is the write-up on Gaian version of fomori
Human Kami - Fusions of a human being and a Gaian spirit, these are extremely rare, but possess an understanding of the nature of Gaia unheard-of in normal humans, and thus are very valuable to the Gaian cause (although Garou may view them as ill-appreciated rivals). They may or may not be visibly transformed by their connection to Gaia. A few are combat-capable, but most develop healing or cleansing powers.

I think that Human Kami fits Cassandra best, she's among the rarest of the rare though, one that's specifically geared towards combat instead of healing. Incarna just doesn't seem to fit her powerset, she doesn't control or command spirits in the strictest sense of the word.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 pm

It's your character and you're free to play it however you want, but...

I'd really recommend looking into that version of Hunters.

I think that you could have a lot of fun with it.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Spectrum wrote:It's your character and you're free to play it however you want, but...

I'd really recommend looking into that version of Hunters.

I think that you could have a lot of fun with it.
Heh. I've checked into it a little.
But I'll keep it in mind. Mostly, I see her as a defender/protector/justice dealer type, your classic western marshall type.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Alright bi0's out and tim's out. I've got an interested party that may want to bring in a character so I wanted to get some feedback from you. What do you feel is an important part of your character that you don't want others stepping on their toes. This can be from a build or rpg perspective. What would you like to see in another character? What aspects would you like brought to the team.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 am

Sorry to hear. Both will be missed.

This is a question that I'll need to think more on. I guess the defining characteristic of Honesty is his refreshing lack of it.

As far as what we're missing in the group- I think that we have most of the major bases covered, leaving all kinds of possible niche areas.

Finally, in the few minutes before work, looking over Honesty's character sheet at the many ways that the portly man can stumble over his feet and crash head first either into something amusing... banker's pants, banker's daughter's *ahem* vast big tracts of... land or a pie.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 am

I figure we got the sneaky, the melee, the ranged and the magic taken care of and what healin we might need, Wanekea can power-stunt it and buy it later when we earn PP, unless I'm off tha mark.

Are the questions Cassandra askin good? In her own way, she ain't stupid and I figgure those questions she is asking is something any super-natural investigator/expert would ask to narrow the field down. And she's keeping it in simple enough terms so that somebody without the expertise could answer well enough. I figgure the sherrif ain't stupid either, but he probably wouldn't have the same sort of experience Cass does.

The strange squiggles that look like little pictures but ain't are heiroglyphs, cuniform, runes and othah 'unnatural writins'. :wink:

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 am

One topic that we really haven't touched on but is becoming important.

In old World of Darkness, they followed various Masquerades to keep the normals from knowing about the supernatural.

In classic Deadlands, there was another kind of Masquerade- if people didn't know that the supernatural was real, they wouldn't be scared of it- and give the monsters even more power.

How are we doing it here?

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:16 am

Spectrum wrote:One topic that we really haven't touched on but is becoming important.

In old World of Darkness, they followed various Masquerades to keep the normals from knowing about the supernatural.

In classic Deadlands, there was another kind of Masquerade- if people didn't know that the supernatural was real, they wouldn't be scared of it- and give the monsters even more power.

Lol. I figure, if I knew the supernatural was real, I'd be even more scared of it, not less!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 am

Exactly- which gives powers to the dark forces in the Deadlands world.

Its a great little story, espcially when you throw in the post (second) apocalypse storyline in.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 am

*sigh of nostalgia* AEG/Pinnacle put out so many good games back in the day.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 am

Given the type of setting and characters you have, niche overlap is expected and good.

If, say, someone else were to bring in another Garou - or Dreamspeaker or Euthanatos - they might want to focus a little more on another Auspice. We have the Ragabash and the Theurge. I would pin Cass as Philodox... we need a more straight up Ahroun type...

In non Werewolf terms, we have the magic user/ ritualist and the trickster. We also have the judge/ investigator. We need more warrior types.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Spectrum wrote:One topic that we really haven't touched on but is becoming important.

Both actually the reason for the masquerade amongst
Ogood leaning critters is because fear feeds the wyrm

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Crazyivan777 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 pm

Again, I apologize, guys- I think I'm going to withdraw from the game. Nothing to do with any of you- I'm just having the devil's own time coming up with how to play my character. Kinda sucks when it's a character that you came up with on your own, no? :( Hopefully you guys will have a really successful recruitment, and find other groovy folk who are a chunk better at this than I am.