Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: Deadlands OOC

Post by sweetja713 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Sorry for the slow posting this week guys. I had my wisdom teeth removed tues so this week wasn't the best for posting. On a related note we seem to have lost bio and ivan so I'm going to open this game up for recruitment again. I'm more than willing to run with just you three as you all post frequently enough that I think we could keep going

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:32 pm

sweetja713 wrote:Sorry for the slow posting this week guys. I had my wisdom teeth removed tues so this week wasn't the best for posting. On a related note we seem to have lost bio and ivan so I'm going to open this game up for recruitment again. I'm more than willing to run with just you three as you all post frequently enough that I think we could keep going
I'm still in.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:42 pm

ditto

BTW - Spectrum... I've been having Erica proceed with restraint until now. You haven't actually been all out annyoingly nuwisha, but what's your goal? Are you planning to teach Erica a thing or two? Do you want to get a one way trip to the Umbra and be left there? :mrgreen:

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Post by kirinke » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Bladewind wrote:ditto

BTW - Spectrum... I've been having Erica proceed with restraint until now. You haven't actually been all out annyoingly nuwisha, but what's your goal? Are you planning to teach Erica a thing or two? Do you want to get a one way trip to the Umbra and be left there? :mrgreen:
Are you going to divest everyone of their pants and hats?

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:14 pm

@sweetja, I'd hold off on getting into recruitment issues yet. I think that a lot of people have been affected by the storms in the last week. Also, maybe I'm just sensitive, but something seems 'off' on the boards lately. Maybe its just me.

@Bladewind- honestly, didn't realize that I was getting that obnoxious, just playful? Also, I have a way back from the Umbra. I figured that the whole Den Realm thing didn't work too well in this kind of game.

Please don't throw me into that briar patch!

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Spectrum wrote:@sweetja, I'd hold off on getting into recruitment issues yet. I think that a lot of people have been affected by the storms in the last week. Also, maybe I'm just sensitive, but something seems 'off' on the boards lately. Maybe its just me.

@Bladewind- honestly, didn't realize that I was getting that obnoxious, just playful? Also, I have a way back from the Umbra. I figured that the whole Den Realm thing didn't work too well in this kind of game.

Please don't throw me into that briar patch!
I don't think Honesty was at all obnoxious, just being a 'kid', which was kinda how Cassandra was treating him. Complete with a smack on the nose when he was getting full of himself :wink:

My guess is that it's a combination of the storms, the approaching holidays and the spam invasion that's making things feel 'off'.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Also, I DON'T want to get into it, but US elections always make me cranky and a little despondent.

sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by sweetja713 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:34 pm

You're all right about holding off on recruiting the storm could very well to blame

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Crazyivan777 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Sorry, I apologize. Between health and production week, things have been sorta hellish. I'll admit, though, I'm having trouble trying to figure out how Wanekia is going to react to, "Oh, by the way, I'm a werewolf. And so's the other guy." - They're... Uhm... Monsters. I don't want to go PvP or anything, I'm just trying to put together a justification in which Wanekia sticks with the group that suddenly and very obviously has more non-human members than human ones (Yes, I'm counting 'dog' as part of the group.)

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:34 am

Crazyivan777 wrote:Sorry, I apologize. Between health and production week, things have been sorta hellish. I'll admit, though, I'm having trouble trying to figure out how Wanekia is going to react to, "Oh, by the way, I'm a werewolf. And so's the other guy." - They're... Uhm... Monsters. I don't want to go PvP or anything, I'm just trying to put together a justification in which Wanekia sticks with the group that suddenly and very obviously has more non-human members than human ones (Yes, I'm counting 'dog' as part of the group.)
Well it's pretty simple, Wanekia isn't caucasian, but Native American. To native americans, were-wolves and coyotes aren't necessarily all bad. In fact, some tribes venerate Coyote as a god. So to her, they might be good katchina/manatiou spirits or something of the sort. That would sort of depend on the tribe though. In any case she wouldn't trust Honesty further than she could throw him.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:40 am

The Garou are Gaia`s defenders. Monsters or not, they are `good guys` - at least for the most part.

Considering that there are two Native American Tribes, possibly three depending on what moment in the timeline of things we are set, that are also Garou it`s not impossible that Wanekia might know of the Garou or at least have heard stories.

Now, if she`s only heard of the Red Talons, Get of Fenris or Black Spirals... I`m in HEAPS of trouble. ;)

I also don`t think it`s a huge stretch to rationalize things and `reserve judgement` for the moment... most Manitou/ Banes/ Black Spirals/ Fomori pretty much announce themselves via immediate rot, wanton destruction and the like. Subtlety is rarely, if ever, their strong suit !

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Bladewind wrote:Subtlety is rarely, if ever, their strong suit !

..... *gulp*

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Post by Spectrum » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 am

Bladewind wrote:Thankfully though, neither Ahroun or Red Talon blood flowed through her veins.
Maybe this speaks to Honesty's motive? What kind of Rage does Erica have?

Honestly (pardon the pun) I'm kinda meandering right now with Honesty, haven't found a good tail to pull yet so kinda wandering aimlessly.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Bladewind » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 am

Spectrum wrote:
Maybe this speaks to Honesty's motive? What kind of Rage does Erica have?
In Werewolf Trait terms I envision:

(Permanent) Glory 4
(Permanent) Honor 3
(Permanent) Wisdom 7

Which puts her well on the way to a Rank Four Theurge...

Her Rage would be somewhere around 3
Her Gnosis would be somewhere around 5 (Giving her a Lupus level Gnosis...)
Her Willpower is represented by her Will Save.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by kirinke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 am

In Werewolf terms, what would cassandra be?