Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands OOC

Postby kirinke » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Spectrum wrote:krinke- I'm one of the two that disappeared.

Oh. I thought he might have rejoined the main group. I'll edit.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Spectrum, Sweetja... did I missread the comment about "two more" from the sherrif - was that an innocuous reference to the fact that two people had slipped out?

I think I fell prey to the player reading more out of a situation than the GM put in... let me know if I need to edit my post. :)
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah he was just referring to you and spectrum. You slipped away before he could give you the badge.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm

oops. I'll fix that. :facepalm:
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Spectrum I need to know how Honesty's traveling. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with anyone sans horse. Bladewind, you're going to get to the graveyard a bit before the others and I'll post the results of your rolls probably tomorrow afternoon
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:05 pm

ACME Co rocket car..

More seriously, I don't have a good answer. There is a very good chance that Honesty is going to be fashionably late to the party.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Down the line it would be in character for him to develop a gift that allows him to copy Stalks-from-Shadow's gifts...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:19 pm

True..

I've kinda written myself into a corner

Two options that come with a little bit of rules juggling..
1. An extra pp could come from somewhere (behind his ear?) to have the coyote form actually have different stats..
2. A power stunt to do an extended teleport. This might make some thematic sense as he gets there before everyone else, has a little time to recover and then combat starts..

In character
1. 'Borrow' a horse. I promise to give it baaack. Okay, now how do I make this thing go?
2. Manage to catch up to the rest of the party and grab a ride.. this might also make good thematic sense

Or, with the Trickster-ness of the character, we don't necessarily need a logical way for him to be on scene.

EDIT: To go along with all of that, there is also Luck that can be burned to have the most absolutely bizarre thing happen... like, he happens to catch a ride on a herd of stampeding cattle that just happen to go that way.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:38 pm

I would personally go with the alternate form for the coyote... (ya think? :lol: )

The luck power could also enable him to follow on the umbral ripples created in Stalks-from-Shadow's wake...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:03 am

I'd be more than willing to let you adjust a pp somewhere and add metamorph to your coyote form so you can juggle some stats. My own views are that the first adventure is the chance to test out the character and if any of you find the need to adjust something for fine tuning that's fine. Although the in character idea of stealing a horse is interesting too.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby kirinke » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 am

Honesty has Luck 3. You could do a scene edit and ask coyote for more speed "to teach them a lesson" then when the others get there, just smirk and say "what keptcha?" Speed only costs 1pp per rank. It is well within a scene edit to ask for speed 3 or so.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Luck in 3rd only lets you reroll but I'm pretty sure there was an option to use them similar to hp in the luck profile and it just fits Honesty so well. As do some of the other uses. I'll look through the luck profile when I get home and officially establish what it can be used for but scene edit is ok by me.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Bladewind you don't have the snese type listed for your extra senses under hispos form. I'm assuming their scent based would that be correct?
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Bladewind » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 pm

sweetja713 wrote:Bladewind you don't have the snese type listed for your extra senses under hispos form. I'm assuming their scent based would that be correct?

yes. Looks like honesty tampered with my character sheet dang flabbit ! 8)
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Lots of options, very little time tonight (more time tomorrow).

I've given some thought to what coyote form would be like (at character creation and again now).. the problem is that the two sheets really are meant to be close together. I'd get the point by lower pre (keeping deception and persuasion at the same plus, just effectively making intimidation lower)..

Of course, I could make coyote form o' Doom but that would be just be cheesy (and not too in character).

Of course, in the back of my mind, I keep going back to Chicken Boo. Maybe Honesty really is a coyote in man's dress (or woman's dress on special occasions) walking around on his hind legs and nobody cares to notice it..
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room