Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands OOC

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Sorry about the delay-in-post. Entering tech week. Things are hectic.
Question, plot-and-story-wise- would running after the spooked horse be something that would just delay things? (i.e.- can it be assumed other horses will be gained) Or is that a big deal enough that Wanekia should be chasing hers down?
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby kirinke » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:25 am

If'n you want, Cass can call them back, her speachifyin kin be understood by animals.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 am

They can be gathered up quickly, they bolted but have calmed down and the didn't run far. Basically just add in some flavor text about getting your horse back.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby bi0philia » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:27 am

hope it's not gonna be a big issue buttt-

my laptop charger is giving me some problems and hopefully it's gonna hold out till a new one can be acquired but yeah there could be some absence.

even if this charger goes down i'll try to keep the game updated from a friend's pc until i can work things out.

nothing definite here just a heads up.

on another note I'm looking forward to see where this all winds up in character!
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 pm

I'll happily play along, but yeaaaah, working to enforce social constrictions sounds distinctly un-tricksterish ;)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Spectrum wrote:I'll happily play along, but yeaaaah, working to enforce social constrictions sounds distinctly un-tricksterish ;)

It depends on how you go about it.

Say you got two gamblin drunks, who accuse them each of gambling. Do your finger trick and both of em are gonna forget their quarrel right quick. And being a deputy will put you in prime position to prank the mayor and other notables too.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Krinke- please roll a to hit, DC 25?
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Spectrum wrote:Krinke- please roll a to hit, DC 25?

Lol. She ain't hittin hard, more like to emphasis her point. But ok.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3730694/ 26.
Just made it. ;)
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:22 pm

yeeeah, but its still getting into my character concept and establishing dominance.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Spectrum wrote:yeeeah, but its still getting into my character concept and establishing dominance.

True that.

You do realise, that Cass isn't above a prank or two herself? When fighting critters bigger and stronger than her, she's bound to have larnt how to think outside of the box so to speak. An teachin a young pup to behave, means she's not above usin his own tricks against him.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:43 pm

kirinke, indulge me a moment if you would....

1) When you post, you seem to be putting your entire text in your "speech color." It's not a big issue, and I am far and away from being the GM, but most times the convention is that speech goes in another color, italics for thoughts... Just makes it a little easier to read is all. Again, not my game and not my call.

2) This one is simple curiosity. Your Detect "Unnatural Critters" seems a tad vague... Mind you, Detect Non-Human auras is pretty darn specific and accomplishes the same thing... Question I am getting at is what does that power do? Will it detect Honesty, Shadow and Dog as something more than human and dog? Will it determine what they are? To me, if the latter it's too powerful and if the former has just enough juice to get you into... interesting situations. Again, just curious what the power does as written.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Hmmm. Mebbe something closer to wyrm tainted? I wasn't sure how to phrase it, she after all is a hunter of evil things bent on making snacks of intelligent critters. How'd you describe it? If it makes more sense, I'll take yer description over mine.

I thought the color was just a way of differentiating between the IC and the OOC.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:58 pm

kirinke wrote:You do realise, that Cass isn't above a prank or two herself? When fighting critters bigger and stronger than her, she's bound to have larnt how to think outside of the box so to speak. An teachin a young pup to behave, means she's not above usin his own tricks against him.

If you're already in charge of the group, able to smack around the guy that should be really hard to hit, out trick him... well, why do you need me in the party then? :)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm

kirinke wrote:Hmmm. Mebbe something closer to wyrm tainted? I wasn't sure how to phrase it, she after all is a hunter of evil things bent on making snacks of intelligent critters. How'd you describe it? If it makes more sense, I'll take yer description over mine.

I thought the color was just a way of differentiating between the IC and the OOC.

Wellllll.... The way you just said it, and the way you portray Cass... I sort of see a Paladin in the Wild West... Detect Wyrm Taint/ Detect Evil are the simplest ways to convey what I think you mean. Detect Non-Human Auras is also fraught with potential in that she'll immediately pick out the troupe as more than human...

Color is my take, yours works too. GM's call. Not looking to start anything over nothing. ;_
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kirinke » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Not a problem here. If'n the GM is acceptin of the change, I'll fix the details on her device, cuz yer take on it does sound better.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room