Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands OOC

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:48 am

Heh. She made a 15 on her toughness check, since the DC check is 19? for heavy pistols, I figure that's a bruise, right? So I wrote it up as getting hit in the shoulder and that going numb because of it.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:49 am

sweetja713 wrote:Some things I noted, Bladewind your init rolled was 22 so I need an action from you, 2 actually as we'll assume you were holding your first action for the sake of moving things forward..

Good call. I will post this morning.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 am

razza frazza

dang infernal machine I was using to telegraph mah response broke down - musta been its ghostrock power source.

I'll get to it asap.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm a little confused on how we're doing flow of actions here.

Somebody poke me when its my turn so I don't step on toes?

*snores* 8)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Well basically there's two ways of doing combat for PbP. One is everyone waits till their init turn and acts which is cleaner but can lead to major slowdowns, particularly if there is something that keeps a higher init character from posting. The other is for everyone to post actions and then the gm resolves them in init order. A little more work but it helps keep things flowing a little better which is the route I've chosen since it seemed to work out a little better that way. At the same time the danger of this is sometimes an action is attempted that doesn't quite workout due to the other actions that occurred in init order but it still tends to work out a lil better in pbp in my experience.

Spectrum If you're using extra effort the condition would actually be fatigued which is why I probably didn't catch it. I'd go ahead and just use it as trickery or going fatigued. These are very minor bandits just meant to sort of give everyone an idea of combat flow and set up the story for where I want it to go next so a hero point would be a little extreme at this point. Feel free to post your action but know if all the bandits are handled prior to your turn it may just be negated.

Kirinke yep dc was 18 so you failed by 1 degree which is bruised, you handled it perfectly.

I'm gonna give some time for everyone to get caught up on actions they want to attempt and have a post up sat night/sun morning.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm up to date.

I'm a little disapointed in that my original post was better, but this still got my point across.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks- I've noted that it was a move action. Also, looks like I can take a -5 to do the same thing without the feature. Could the same effect be represented by the quickness power? The big thing is that I want to be able to trigger redirect off of it.

I'll go ahead and post in the morning, hopefully the bandits have had their turn by then. It also gives me a little time to figure out what my next trick with me. I mean, shooting an unarmed man- how rude!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm

As far as 'wolves are concerned, Cass doesn't mind em, as long as they don't make a right nuisance of themselves, same goes for any critter really, if'n they aren't harming anything and want to live and let live, she's willing t'do the same. It's just them Wyrm-bitten things an other monstrosities she don't much care for, cuz they're always seem to be lookin to make a meal outta somethin intellgent. :wink: I'm pretty sure most wolves and coyotes could get behind that sentiment. :lol:
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 am

*buuuUuuURRrRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRrrrrrRp* Ex-squeeze- me!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am

She isn't adverse to smackin chilluns upside the head if they misbehave though :twisted: :wink:
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby sweetja713 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 pm

spectrum, you can certainly use that combo as your feature is now. The important thing is to include in ooc that you're doing a trick redirect combo.

On another note I've kind of gotten a feel for posting speed with you guys so after this combat that shall be over very soon I'm going to go back to roll init then wait for your turn to post your action. It seems you're all fairly consistent posters.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:46 am

I for one try.... as does everyone else it seems.

Weekends are a little wonky my for me... I cabin be on for hours.... or absent.... weekdays are definitely my forte.

As an aside AFAIK,neither Honesty nor Shadow took Detect Gaia... but I was thin,king that perhaps thy would still recognize each other as Gaia's Chosen.... thoughts?
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:50 am

I tend to spend entirely too many hours around the boards. Mondays and Wednesdays tend to be a little iffy on my post schedule and I'm gone every third weekend, but overall yes, there usually isn't a problem with me posting at least one time per thread per day.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 am

Oooh, double posting- sneaky!

On the Sense Gaia aspect, its a good question and one that I haven't put much thought into.

I suspect that they will start to see commonality if/when either of them transforms. I don't know if Honesty only having two forms (rather than the traditional) five would mess with that though.

One of the fun things about the old Werewolf is that it was so very hard trying to figure out that a nuwisha wasn't a garou because of how close and yet so very very far they were. That boy just ain't acting right. Well, that boy isn't what you think he is..

Figuring out his auspice would probably be easy- could he be a ragabash? noooooo!
Breed might be fairly easy- I'm a squirrel!
Tribe- Uktena? Bone Gnawer?

In any case, it brings up the question of whether Honesty is even 'Gaia' tainted or just a creature of the Wyld.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 am

Krinke wrote:The girl shook her head and took aim an fired again at any varmit that still looked like they were considerin mischief, callin out.

Hey! What'd I do to you? :P
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room