Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands OOC

Postby sweetja713 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Yep that's more than fine to change, and the text change. Preferred is everything in black that actions, blue italics for thoughts and blue for spoken word since you've chosen that as your color. Like bladewind says not a huge deal, the conventions are just there to help readability.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby kirinke » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 am

No worries an thank ye fer the clarification. I made the changes to her device, so now it reads Senses: Detect Wyrm taint/evil.

If you're already in charge of the group

Nah, she ain't in charge, that's the sherrif. :wink:

able to smack around the guy that should be really hard to hit

And sides, that was a lucky shot. She was actually aiming for the back of Honesty's head. In any case, the pup really hasn't had anyone to reign him in or teach him manners none. I'd think fer a shapeshifter, that bap on the nose would be akin to a warnin nip. :lol:

out trick him

Cassandra has been fighting some nasty things on the trail, so getting her to unwind enough to retailiprank Honesty would be a victory after all to a coyote. I'd think for somebody like him, taking life too seriously would be akin to nails on chalkboard. She does need to loosen up some I reckon. I probly think that she wouldn't be able to out-trick him, mebbe come up even on that scale and have a good laugh about it. :twisted:

why do you need me in the party then

Awe.... We still need ye. That trick with the pants and saddles were inspired, they were.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Bladewind, would it mess your story up too much if Honesty was to follow you because of curiosity, no particularly good reason? I don't want to step on toes.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I posted way back that I don't plan to have her shift willy-nilly... It just kinda felt appropriate. I have no issue with being followed. I mostly did that for flavour.

Sides, if she didn't see the drunk the coyote has a reasonable chance of following unseen...

I imagine there would be opposed Stealth checks and whatnot to go unnoticed... Just bear in mind that even Theurges are Rage Monsters... :D
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Perception 1d20+6=23
Stealth 1d20+13=27

Really, up to you Blade, I nominate you the temporary storyteller ;)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Preception: (1d20+2=16)
Stealth: (1d20+9=19)

Hm. Looks like Honesty gets the drop on Shadow.... :wink:
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 pm

But as you warned earlier, that may not be a... safe thing ;)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Ok so I came to the ooc thread first and now I fear what I shall find in the other thread. This could be very interesting.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby timothy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:33 am

A quick note on horses.

I grew up in a farming family (beef and wheat on dad's side & quarterhorses on mom's side) and have been a rider for longer than some of you have probably been alive.

Horse speed should be about 3, with high athletic score. Galloping (fastest gait for a horse) can hit as high as speed 5, but only for an exceptional horse and only for a very short time. Typical gallop would be speed 4, but if sustained for very long it will kill the horse - exercise-induced pulmonary hemmorhage is an ugly thing.

Speed 3, a canter can be maintained for long distances, but typical riding would be a walk or trot which would be speed 2-ish (up to about 10 mph).

Horses are surprisingly fragile for something as big and powerful as they are - particularly their legs, knees & ankles. They require a fair amount of attention and a hell of a lot of food and water (been on the other end of that pitchfork a time or two).

Just some info for rp purposes - dramatically, of course, horses are seldom bound by real horse abilities (unless it's important to the plot.)

(My great-grandfather bred registered quarterhorses. My great-grandmother raised Shetland ponies and registered pekingese. Their farm was like paradise when I was little. "After you're done riding the ponies, you can go play with the puppies until dinner." :D.)
Here comes the Dog!
Stong and brave!
Here comes the Dog!
The day he will save!
timothy
Zealot
Zealot

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:13 am

Still quicker than your own two feet and plus, a horse is more than just a ride in the old west. I mean, think early warning system (a nervous horse means something is out there) and a weapon if properly trained etc.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Bladewind » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 am

Spectrum wrote:Using b*tch in the alliterative noninsulting manner, couldn't find something that sounded as good with female that would fit both. No offense intended (or even realized at first).
[/quote]

Well... in Shadow's case it's technically accurate...

I will get to the two needed rolls asap.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:04 pm

Given that half the cast are canines of some kind.. might be pretty appropriate.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Spectrum wrote:Given that half the cast are canines of some kind.. might be pretty appropriate.

And considering that yer character is a coyote, being referred to as a female canine isn't an insult persae. More like a compliment. :lol:
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby sweetja713 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 am

Think, athletics 10 would be appropriate or that too low/too high? I agree that spurring them to greater speeds should definitely be possible, though until the horseback battles or chase scenes it's largely a matter of whats dramatically appropriate.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Spectrum » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 pm

krinke- I'm one of the two that disappeared.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room