Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Deadlands style game now recruiting 3e recruitment ends 9/24

Postby Spectrum » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:47 am

So a law(wo)man, a strange Chinaman, a coyote, a wolf and a rather big dog all walk into a bar..
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby kirinke » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:02 am

These heah tahms do bring togethah tha strangest folks.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Bladewind wrote:
*edit* She has 5 ranks of the Close Attack advantage. Is this causing the skill count issue?

Yes it is. That'll teach me to look at skill ranks before figuring in advantages

Bladewind wrote:One Language at rank one, and double the previous rank at each additional rank... Latin for rank 1, Spanish, Garou for rank 2. If I muffed it, I would imagine I could easily add "wolf." She could understand in human form if not speak it - or she could also speak it, though it would seem really odd.

You're right I got off a line when looked at languages and thought you had it as 3, because I glanced at the rank for equipment on accident.

Bladewind wrote: :idea: Speaking of odd combos above, I was thinking of Alt Powering something off of the Lupine Forms (Or making the Lupine Forms an AP). The notion is "Wolf's Blood" and it would giver her Enhanced Traits. The other alternative I came up with the Wolf's Blood trait (which will be 10-12 points of Enhanced Traits) and then adding the Alternate Form flat extra to that trait to gain the Crinos/ Hispo and Lupus forms. I prefer the first option as it is "cleaner" (to me at least) on the character sheet. The drawback is that some might frown upon having a Morph power as an AP of another power... (The extra point to accomplish this results from taking a point from metamporph - the glabro form might still be possible with the morph, but would not enhance her traits. This would be fun, as she might need to look less human but not get any benefit from the change...).

The whole preceding paragraph depends on how much emphasis is needed to look like other creatures. Does she need morph to look like a wolf or wolfman? Or is that descriptor?

Morph is needed for all shape shifts but I have no problem with you ap-ing it
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby sweetja713 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Spectrum wrote:So a law(wo)man, a strange Chinaman, a coyote, a wolf and a rather big dog all walk into a bar..

Bartender looks at the incoming group. "Y'all look like you've had a rough night. How about a little hair o' the dog...or wolf, or coyote"
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby kirinke » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:10 pm

"Aye to that. Them Harrowed were up in arms at tha butte. Some dang fool skinwalkers were up to them thar tricks and stirrin thangs up. We had t'put both groups down. Tha hahd way."
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Spectrum » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Went to clean up Honesty's character sheet a little bit (increase Dex to even a few things out) and was reminded of just how conditionally useless the stat is. I think that he's pretty good as is.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Update the character sheet - now with Metamorph and Owl Companion action !!!

Bear in mind, I want to try and keep her in Human form as often as possible.
The Owl is more companion than useful minion (with a few minor exceptions). I just like the flavor and the image from the tribebook...
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Jacob Upham Charsheet

Postby Demonicuss Krinn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Still slowly getting into things. Stuff came up over the weekend, but hopefully I'll get this finished up later in the week.

Here's a partial charsheet, though. Thanks to Sweetja for setting it up.

Jacob Upham

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Powers

Equipment

Advantages
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 4, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Athletics (+0), Close Combat: Knife 4 (+4), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise: Carpentry 3 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+5), Expertise: Gambling 3 (+5), Expertise: Occult 8 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation (+0), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat: Gun 3 (+7), Ranged Combat: Hexslinging 3 (+7), Sleight of Hand 8 (+8), Stealth 3 (+3), Vehicles 5 (+5)

Initiative +0

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 4), Fortitude 6, Will 8

Complications:
* Disability - One-Legged (crafted a wooden leg for himself, walks with a limp)
* Oath - To track and kill the monster who ripped his leg off and killed Franklin Shadix

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 0 + Advantages 12 + Skills 31 + Defenses 21 = Total 82

Still have 38 points to play with for powers and other adjustments

Demonicuss Krinn
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Deadlands style game recruitment closed

Postby Crazyivan777 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Wanekia:

Wanekia (Means: Makes life) was taken as a young bride by Pai-ouray (Means: True Arrow), the son of the local shaman. Unfortunately, Wanekia was not only a terrible failure at wifely duties (she spent most of the time with her head in the clouds) she belied her own named by, seemingly, being infertile. Pai-ouray was furious with her and heaped abuse and scorn on the young woman until, sobbing from a particularly savage beating one night, she felt she could survive no longer. She took the fine steel blade Pai-ouray used to skin elk with, and held it in trembling hands as she knelt by her husband's side.
She couldn't bring herself to kill him.
Tossing the knife aside, she ran into the night. It wasn't long until she was lost, and, in fear and sorrow, tried to re-create a ritual she'd seen pai-ouray's father accomplish.
It seemed she did the right thing. The spirit of the Buffalo appeared to her, and told her that she had chosen the right path; the one that did not lead to killing. He would teach her, and watch over her, so long as she continued to do the same.

===Abilities===
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

===Powers===
**Visions [Spirit, Magic, Wyld]:**
What could be: Senses 4 [Spirit, Magic, Wyld; Precognition; Uncontrolled], Spirit's Eyes: Remote Sensing 1 [No Conduit; Dimensional(Hunting Grounds), Subtle], Communing with the spirits: Comprehend 2 [Spirits]
(12 points)
**Wrath of the Spirits [Spirit, Wyld, Magic, Weather]:**
Spirit's Eyes: Remote Sensing 1 [No Conduit; Dimensional(Hunting Grounds), Subtle], Blinding Arc: Affliction 8 [Resisted by dodge & Overcome by fortitude , impaired, disabled, unaware limited to vision; Ranged, Cumulative]
Alt: Wind Blast: Move Object 8 [Cone Area; Lmited to away]
Alt: High Winds: environment 5 [Impede Movement (900 Feet, reduced movement by 2 ranks, Selective]
(24 points)

===Equipment===
**Weapons**
Bow & Arrow: Damage 3 [Blunt, Wood, Flint; Ranged]
**Standard Equipment**
Healing Herbs (1 ep), Horse (3 ep)

===Advantages===
, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 2, //Hide in Plain Sight//, Languages 1 [Paiute (Native) English], Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover], Ritualist, Tracking, //Uncanny Dodge////////////

===Skills===
Athletics 2 (+5), Deception (+0), Expertise: Shamanic Magic 12 (+12), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation (+0), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+5), Ranged Combat: Bow 7 (+8), Ranged Combat: Calling the Spirits 5 (+6), Stealth 5 (+6), Treatment 8 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+3)

===Offense===
Initiative +1

===Defense===
Dodge 7, Parry 7
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 4), Fortitude 6, Will 8

===Power Points===
===Abilities 28 + Powers 36 + Advantages 10 + Skills 28 + Defenses 18 = Total 120===

Complications:
Vow - Wanekia follows the Old Ways, and will not willingly interact with technology.
Enemy - Pai-ouray still hunts her, although she is unaware of this.
Blessed by Buffalo - Due to her shamans' ways, Wanekia cannot kill.
Driven - Wanekia believes in the salvation that the Ghost Dance can bring, and thus wishes to help make sure all her people know it and will participate in it.
Last edited by Crazyivan777 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 pm

I will bow out of this one and take back my submission. Good gaming everyone.
Sorry.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Made a final adjustment to Wolfman/ Dire Wolf Form as well to Wolf.
Gave the former the Deathly Howl from the GM Kit as an Alt Power of Staredown, and the latter a Call of the Wyld/ Communication power Alt Power of her tracking power in that form.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 am

Just reread the OP.

Noticed a character or two (including mine :( ) not listed in the submissions.
Hope that doesn`t mean we`re out of contention! (Even if it does, or if Shadow doesn`t make it into the game, I had a blast making her - been too long since I visited my Werewolf books...)

(For ease of reference - Stalks-from-Shadow's character sheet.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am

Honesty carefully pokes at the varmit with a stick, "It ain't breathing, but I don't think it's dead.. yet." he grins, one of those ear to ear 'and around the other side' grins that means trouble with a capital FUN.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:46 am

"Suh, you`ve got one sick sense o fun.

"Ah like it."
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 am

This might turn into a really 'interesting' game..

I grew up in midTexas (outside of Waco) and it was very firmly encouraged that I never develop a drawl...

I still wince when I hear someone with a really heavy one. :)
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room