Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Deadlands OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Deadlands style game now recruiting 3e recruitment ends 9/24

Postby bi0philia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:28 am

i'm afraid i'm a little lost admittedly, any advice on what the mechanics should look like. I understand the no flaw for the check thing, it's understandable, just made sense for him to have to do that, since he has to be performing to use that.

Just looking for some general advice on what i should do to make the mechanics work exactly from sweetja or any of you other nice fellows. thanks in advance
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Crazyivan777 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 am

I'm copypasta-ing this from my PM in the hopes that we can work on some shared background stuff in the game.

So, I was thinking, I'd like to make a Paiute ghost-dance ritual shaman... I know she'd be connected with the Buffalo spirit, which brings its own (never kill anyone) baggage to a game like Deadlands.

Wanekia:

Wanekia (Means: Makes life) was taken as a young bride by Pai-ouray (Means: True Arrow), the son of the local shaman. Unfortunately, Wanekia was not only a terrible failure at wifely duties (she spent most of the time with her head in the clouds) she belied her own named by, seemingly, being infertile. Pai-ouray was furious with her and heaped abuse and scorn on the young woman until, sobbing from a particularly savage beating one night, she felt she could survive no longer. She took the fine steel blade Pai-ouray used to skin elk with, and held it in trembling hands as she knelt by her husband's side.
She couldn't bring herself to kill him.
Tossing the knife aside, she ran into the night. It wasn't long until she was lost, and, in fear and sorrow, tried to re-create a ritual she'd seen pai-ouray's father accomplish.
It seemed she did the right thing. The spirit of the Buffalo appeared to her, and told her that she had chosen the right path; the one that did not lead to killing. He would teach her, and watch over her, so long as she continued to do the same.

Much like the pitched kung-fu character on the main thread, Wanekia is now wandering the west, trying to bring healing, visions, and peace to those she encounters. She has embraced the Old Ways (i.e.- no technology for her) not only for spiritual reasons, but she saw something wholly symbolic of how her fortunes changed when she dropped Pai-ouray's knife.

Of course, complication-wise, she doesn't kill, she doesn't use technology, and she's likely still either hunted by Pai-ouray, or is claimed as dead so he can get on with a new wife. Also, obviously, as a shaman with a guardian spirit, she's somewhat at the mercy of the whims of said spirit. Luckily, Buffalo's usually pretty kind.
Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:46 am

I have an idea for a wandering witch/demon hunter from Asia who came to the Wild West as stories about the roaming demons arrived back in his home country:

Kuni Katashi

PL 7/ 120PP

STR 0
STA 4
AGL 1
DEX 1
FGT 0
INT 3
AWE 3
PRE 4

Powers
Sense Elements: Senses 4 (Spirit Awareness, radius; Magic Awareness, radius) • 4 point

Earth Magic (14 pp array)
Rock Storm: Cone Area Damage 7 • 14 points
Hand of Jurojin: Healing 4 (restorative) • 1 point
Tetsubo of Earth: Damage 10 (accurate 2, reach 1, Improved crit 1) • 1 point
Wooden Prison: Affliction 7 (cone, selective, resisted by will, limited to 3rd degree: transform into tree) • 1 point
Tomb of Jade: Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra Condition, Limited Degree) • 1 point
Time's Deadly Hand: Ranged Weaken Toughness 7 (only affects objects) • 1 point
Strike at the Roots: Ranged Weaken Defenses 4 (broad). • 1 point
Jade Strike: Ranged Damage 7 (limited to creatures with wyrm taint, affect Incorporeal 2, penetrating 4) • 1 point
Wall of Earth: Create Earth/Stone 7 • 1 point
Grounding Energy: Nullify 7 (Broad: Magic) • 1 point

Essence of Earth: Protection 5 (sustained, move activation) • 3 points

Fire (5pp array):
Wings of Fire: Flight 2, linked damage 1 • 5 points
Amaterasu's Blessing: Environment Control 5 (light) • 1 point

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Benefit 1 (priest), Equipment 1, Improved Initiative 1, Inventor (magic), Languages 1 (English), Luck 2, Second Change (rituals), Ritualist

Equipment:
Wakizashi (dam 1 sword, crit 19-20) 2ep
Horse 3 ep

Skills
Deception 2 (+6), Expertise: Magic 10 (+13), Expertise: Umbra/Spirit World 4 (+7), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Earth Magic 6 (+7), Riding 2 (+3), Treatment 4 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +0 Close, Damage 0
Tetsubo of Earth +4 Close, Damage 10
Earth Magic +7 Ranged, Damage 7 (and various other effects))

Defense
Dodge 5 Fortitude 7
Parry 5 Toughness 9 (4 without Essence of Earth)
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 32 Skills 27 Powers 35 Defenses 16 Advantages 10 Total 120
Last edited by Walking Dad on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Honesty quietly gazes upon the other martial arts types in the competition, "oh my, whatever shall we do." (s)he(?) looks towards the fence on the far side of the field, "First one to make it back and there wins the slot.' (s)he pauses but for a second, "Wow, what are you guys waiting on? I've been there three times and back! I guess that you just don't want it enough!"

Good luck to everybody!
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Bladewind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Just saw this thread yesterday, so I figured I'd throw my hat in as it were. In looking over the concepts, I may clash a little with the Nuwisha character, but I'm going with a completely different build type.

Without realizing it, I've mirrored a sample character from one of the Tribebooks - "The Garou With No Name." So, in building this character I consulted not only my (dusty) collection of Werewolf books, but also Mongrel from the Emerald City Sentinels, the Supernatural Archetype from the GM's Kit as well as the dark recesses of my imagination.

What I have is an approximation of a Rank 3 Homid Silent Strider Theurge. I've chosen to go with Morph at rank 2 (lupine forms) with Metamorph 2. For my own sanity, I'm putting the forms in different character sheets so that the bonuses stack and balance properly. I am working with notion that Crinos and Hispo (which I am calling Wolfman and Dire Wolf, respectively) are one form, Glabro (Near Man) is another and finally Lupus (Wolf Form) is the third. I do not, however, envision the character constantly shifting from one form to the other - likely staying in human form as much as possible. Further, I have chosen to forego Glabro completely.

Wynona Stalks-from-Shadow (Erica Clayton)
PL7/ 120 points

The solitary woman known as Stalks-from-Shadow has a certain quality about her. Her features at once speak of Native American, Asian, Latin and even Middle Eastern heritage. She is a striking young woman, carrying herself with more confidence than most males her senior. Her trench-coat, broken-in boots and well-worn Stetson suggests the attitude of a bounty hunter. But she is much more than that.

Wynona knows that there are other Garou out there - and in fact has met and even mentored a few of them - but she walks a solitary path in her search for knowledge and quest to protect people from the darkness that she has discovered.

Wynona Stalks-from-Shadows is the deed name of a relatively powerful werewolf shaman who seems to wander the frontier. She often appears from nowhere at just the right moment. In fact, most are unaware that the quiet and reserved woman travelling with them is in fact a werewolf of renown. The tales of her deeds are both sung in werewolf circles and told in human settlements to inspire courage against the things that go bump in the night.

Stalks-from-Shadows generally does not advertise her identity, preferring to remain in the shadows and often moving on before she attracts too much attention to herself. She will operate using any number of names, some of the more frequent being Erica Clayton, Patricia Owens and Jaimie Logan. Clayton is her preferred alias and the one she most commonly uses. She bears another name as per tribal tradition, the Egyptian name Kesi meaning "of a troubled father". In Garou circles, her proper name/ title is Kesi Stalks-from-Shadow.

The fact that she does not "advertise" who she is never seems to matter. Her deeds somehow get attributed to her, and in werewolf circles it seems that no matter what name she uses she is immediately known for who she is and what she has accomplished.

Born in a small town out in the frontier to a barmaid of the local watering hole, she didn't even know her who her father was. As she grow up, she felt a deep longing and desire to go somewhere and be something more than a simple townsperson with little to no prospects. At the age of fifteen, she finally gave in to her growing wanderlust and ran away. Sadly, she wasn't missed. Her First Change saved her from death at the hands of a Wyrm-infected animal.

She spent what felt like months, near death and delirious with thirst when an Owl appeared to her. It's mere presence cleared her mind and banished her hunger and thirst. It proceeded to lead her to a safe haven where others of her kind taught her who she was and what she had become. Here she was able to rest and recover. Soon after, a man claiming to be her father appeared. He explained that he was like her and that for this reason he was unable to remain with Wynona's mother, but Wynona did not quite believe him. She learned what she could from the man and moved on to carve a tale of her own.

In the scant years since, Wynona earned a deed name for her uncanny ability to appear from virtually nowhere at just the right moment to lend aid without stealing glory. She knows from experience how difficult the open road can be and tries to make it safer.

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 2,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 1,
Intellect 0,
Awareness 2,
Presence 1

Powers
Garou Traits: (24 points)
Lupine Forms: Morph 2 [Lupine Forms; Metapmorph 2]
Alt: Wolf's Blood: Enhanced Trait 9 [Acute Smell, Low Light Vision, Scent, Ultra Hearing, Enhanced Skill (Intimidate) 2 (4 rks); Enhanced Advantage - Close Combat 1, Enhanced Fort 2, Enhanced Str 2]
Step Sideways: Movement 1 [Umbral Travel],
Enhanced Senses: Senses 4 [Detect Wyrm (2), Direction Sense, Tracking],
Spirit Speech: Comprehend 2 [Speak/ Understand],
Poison Immunity: Immunity 1
Human Form: (11 points)
Blissful Ignorance: Concealment 6 [(All Visual, Hearing); Limited to remaining still]
Alt: Staredown: Affliction 8 [Will Base - Dazed, Compelled to leave, Controlled (forced to leave); Sight Based]
Alt: Scent of Man: Affliction 7 [Forced to Leave Area; Burst Area 2; Limited Degree 2; Only versus animals]
Messenger's Fortitude: Immunity 3 [Starvation, Thirst, Exhaustion; Side Effect - must sleep for time equal to use of power after use],
Owl Companion: Summon 2 [Check Required (Expertise: Magic as per Ritual Casting)]
Klaive: (8 points)
Easy to Lose (-2 points)
Damage 4 [Strength Based; Penetrating, Affects Incorporeal 2]

Equipment
Weapons
Six Guns: Damage 3 [Crit 20], Knife: Damage 2 [Piercing, Crit 19-20]

Advantages
Close Attack 1,

Assessment,
Beginner's Luck, .
Benefit 1 [Rank/ Renown]
Close Attack 5,
Defensive Roll 2,
Eidetic Memory,
Equipment 3,
Hide in Plain Sight,
Improved Initiative 1,
Languages 2 [Latin, Garou, Spanish (English)],
Ritualist,
Well-Informed,

Skills
Athletics (+3),
Close Combat: Klaive 2 (+9),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Survival 4 (+4),
Expertise: Magic 7 (+7),
Insight 1 (+3),
Intimidation (+1),
Investigation 7 (+7),
Perception (+2),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Six Shooters 4 (+6),
Stealth 9 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +7, Damage 1
Klaive +9, Damage 5
Six Shooters +6, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 7
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 9,
Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 43 + Advantages 20 + Skills 17 + Defenses 22 = Total 120

Complications
Haunted - Attract the Restless Dead (ghosts). (Normally, in Werewolf, this is limited to when Stepping Sideways, but I leave the GM more latitude with it.)
Protector - Will go out of her way to protect runaways, hating to see people suffer who don’t deserve it."
Enemy - There are some particularily nasty wyrm creatures that are at the top of Shadow's list - a walking wasp swarm in a human body, , a vampire and a were-spider.
Restless - Stalks-from-Shadows is loathe to remain in one place for too long. She has a wanderlust that is often difficult to ignore.
Vulberable - Silver - None of Shadows' lupine-enhanced traits are effective versus silver. Merely holding the element can cause discomfort and sometime pain. The exception to this last is her klaive, an item that was attuned to her through a long and demanding ritual.
Primal Aura - Natural born animals - including horses - are skittish in her presence. This is to the point that she cannot ride a horse under normal circumstances. The complication can be mitigated with her Scent of Man gift.

Design Notes
:arrow: I have chosen to go with separate stat blocks to represent the various forms so that I have fully calculated and ready to play stats at all times. I believe that this is easier than a full-out shape-shift which would be more powerful (and skirt the edges of the already banned variable power...)
:arrow: Due to point constraints, she is missing some of the skills that I would have liked to give or enhance - Intimidation, Survival among others. However, given her powers of Staredown, Scent of Man and Messenger's Fortitude, these issues are well compensated for...
:arrow: Her step sideways should really be flawed with the medium "reflective surface" giving me another point. Considering that I am pleased with where the build ended up, I am not going to bother unless after GM vetting I need to shave a point here or there...
:arrow: I envision the notion of Partial Transformations to be a Power Stunt off the morph - Shapeshift, Limited to lupine traits. This might enable her to Power Stunt things like low-light vision, dog-like hearing, claws...
:arrow: She does not have a Glabro form
:arrow: The Crinos/ Hispo form has a Deathly Howl and the Lupus has Call of the Wyld. With the RAW there is nothing to "prevent" me from Power Stunting (and eventually paying) for the two forms to have those powers as AP. However, for flavor I really want to limit certain gifts to certain forms...
:arrow: The background needs a little more fleshing out, but the Garou-with-no-name sample character from the Silent Striders Tribe Book is really what I was going for, other than displaced a 120 years in time that is...

Wolfman/Dire Wolf forms wrote:Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 1, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers
Lupine Forms: Morph 2 [Limited to Lupine Forms; Metapmorph 3],
Enhanced Senses: Senses 2 [Detect Wyrm (2), ],
Poison Immunity: Immunity 1,
Dedicated Clothing: Feature 2 [Clothing "adapts"" or disappears when shifting]
Wolfman/ Dire Wolf: (25 points)
Messenger's Fortitude: Immunity 3 [Starvation, Thirst, Exhaustion; Side Effect - must sleep for time equal to use of power after use],
Wolf Man Form: Growth 2
Speed of Thought: Speed 5,
Super-Tracking: Senses 8 [Accurate, Acute, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended 1, Tracking 2],
The Great Leap: Leaping 3 [60 feet],
Staredown: Affliction 8 [Will Base - Dazed, Compelled to leave, Controlled (forced to leave); Sight Based],
Alt: Deathly Howl: Affliction 8 [Resisted by Will (Dated & Impaired/ Disable & Stunned); Extra Condition, Perception Area; Limited Degree, Tiring, Distracting]

Klaive: (8 points)
Easy to Lose (-2 points)
Damage 4 [Strength Based; Penetrating, ; Affects Incorporeal 2]

Advantages
Assessment,
Close Attack 4,
Defensive Roll 6,
Languages 1 [Garou (English)],
Eidetic Memory,
All-out Attack,
Improved Initiative 1,
Ritualist,
Benefit 1 [Rank/ Renown],
Benefit 1 [Strength for Intimidation]

Skills
Athletics (+5),
Close Combat: Klaive 1 (+6),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Survival 4 (+4),
Insight 1 (+3),
Intimidation: 3 (+9), Note: Perm Growth modifier included.
Investigation 1 (+1),
Perception (+2),
Persuasion (+1),
Stealth (+0)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +5, Damage 4
Klaive +6, Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 1,
Parry 3
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 6),
Fortitude 9,
Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 58 + Advantages 18 + Skills 8 + Defenses 12 = Total 120

Complications
As per human form plus:
Rage Machine - The Wolf Man form exists to kill. It wants to fight.

Design Notes
:arrow: The metamorph modifier in action
:arrow: There are traits available in human form not available in wolf man form and vice versa. This simply makes sense to me.
:arrow: This form is perhaps more powerful than the human form but is less refined.
:arrow: She maintains the ability to cast Rituals in this form - indeed, I imagine some rituals require this form, but loses the ability to call her companion.

Wolf Form wrote:Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence -1

Powers
Lupine Forms: Morph 2 [Limited to Lupine Forms; Metapmorph 3],
Enhanced Senses: Senses 2 [Detect Wyrm (2), ],
Poison Immunity: Immunity 1,
Dedicated Clothing: Feature 2 [Clothing ""adapts"" or disappears when shifting]

Wolf: Form (21 points)
Speed of Thought: Speed 5,
The Great Leap: Leaping 3 [60 feet],
Bite/ Claws: Damage 2 [Strength Based]
Super-Tracking: Senses 8 [Accurate, Acute Smell, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended 1, Tracking 2],
Alt: Call of the Wyld: Communication 3 [Linked to Comprehend Languages 3 (Speak/ Be understood, limited to providing Direction/ Current Location); Area; Increased Action (Move), Limited to Providing Direction and Current Location, Tiring]

Advantages
All-out Attack,
Assessment,
Benefit 1 [Rank/ Renown],
Benefit 1 [Strength for Intimidation],
Close Attack 4,
Defensive Attack,
Defensive Roll 5,
Eidetic Memory,
Favored Environment [Forest],
Improved Initiative 2,
Languages 2 [Garou, Wolf, Spanish (English)],
Set-Up 2
Teamwork,
Takedown 2,

Skills
Athletics (+2),
Close Combat: Bite/ Claw 2 (+9),
Expertise: Survival 8 (+8),
Insight 1 (+3),
Intimidation 3 (+5),
Investigation 2 (+2),
Perception 4 (+6),
Stealth 7 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +10
Unarmed +7, Damage 4
Bite/ Claws +9, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 6
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 5), Fortitude 7, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 44 + Advantages 25 + Skills 17 + Defenses 12 = Total 120

Complications
As per human form, plus:
Hunted by Man - Wolves are not looked upon favorably and man tends to hunt them

Design Notes
:arrow: The Wolf form does not wield a weapon but is no less dangerous than the Crinos/ Hispo forms
:arrow: This form is meant to survive, track and do other "wolfie" things.
:arrow: As with the Crinos form, I gave her the "rite of talisman dedication" in the form of a 2 point feature that adapts her clothing to her form (i.e. Quick Change 2)
:arrow: Both Crinos/ Hispo and Lupus forms have an extra complication over the human form
:arrow: There is no point benefit or complication because she can shift to human form, but in wolf form she cannot speak any language other than wolf and Garou
:arrow: Although she maintains her Expertise: Magic in this form, she cannot cast Rituals (and so loses the advantage.)

Owl Companion wrote:Abilities
Strength -2, Stamina -2, Agility 2, Dexterity -2, Fighting 1, Intellect -4, Awareness 2, Presence -3

Powers
Owl Traits: (24 points)
Flight 3 [Wings; Subtle],
Use Feet as Hands: Feature 1,
Shrinking 8 [Permanent; Innate],
Low Light Vision,
Ultra Vision: Senses 2
Spirit Traits: (6 points)
Spirit Speech: Comprehend 2,
Step Sideways: Movement 1 [Dimensional Movement]

Advantages
Benefit 1 (Spirit Guide - Provide Flashes of Insight to those who spend a HP), Inspire 1, Leadership

Skills
Athletics (+-2), Insight (+2), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth: 2 (+12) Note: Perm Shrinking mod included.

Offense
Initiative +2

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 5,Toughness -2 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 2, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities -12 + Powers 30 + Advantages 2 + Skills 4 + Defenses 5 = Total 30

Complications

Design Notes
:arrow: The Owl is the primary spirit/ being that teaches Stalks from Shadow her gifts and acts as spirit guide in times of need.
:arrow: Although the inspiration (not inspire) requires Shadow to spend a HP, it functions just like any benefit that allows a character to roll or spend a HP for a special bonus to understand a situation.
:arrow: The owl can also lend aid in the form of Inspiration (as per the Advantage), Leadership (using the name of the advantage even if the descriptor is slightly different.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sweetja713 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Everyone's concepts look good so far. I've been a bit swamped today and it looks like I will be through sunday. I'll try to have comments on everyone's builds by monday and then give you all a week to finalize anything you want to adjust.

One thing I wanted to note, if you want to do more than just ride a horse (i.e. horseback battle or anything) vehicles will work on horses.

Kirinke can you tell me how you're envisioning the horse being statted? I want to make sure I have your equipment costs.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Demonicuss Krinn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Sorry about being missing from the thread, been busy with last-minute type stuff, along with helping a neighbor set up the foundation of a new garage. I got my copy of MnM 3, so hopefully on Saturday I can post extra stuff to the charsheet.
Demonicuss Krinn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby kirinke » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:28 am

sweetja713 wrote:Everyone's concepts look good so far. I've been a bit swamped today and it looks like I will be through sunday. I'll try to have comments on everyone's builds by monday and then give you all a week to finalize anything you want to adjust.

One thing I wanted to note, if you want to do more than just ride a horse (i.e. horseback battle or anything) vehicles will work on horses.

Kirinke can you tell me how you're envisioning the horse being statted? I want to make sure I have your equipment costs.

Something probably the equivalent of a motorcycle?
kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:04 am

Spectrum wrote:Honesty quietly gazes upon the other martial arts types in the competition, ...

Just want to say that my character is some kind of Asian shaman pleasing the Kamis. But I got another idea for a Corax (were-raven) if needed.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:04 am

I have my human form sheet up with background in my original post. Other forms and Owl to follow.

Note... some editing in the background required...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Honesty has been cleaned up and is lookin' purdy for meeting all you kind folks.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby sweetja713 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Ok sorry for the delay this weekend. Since Crazy Ivan and Kirinke both seem to have 3 equipment points left before figuring in a horse, I'm going to make a horse have 0 in every stat, medium size, speed 3, toughness 5 and cost 3 ep. That should help anyone wanting to put a horse in their lineup.

Some of you with more problematic character builds I've already pm'ed.

Walking dad - It looks like this is partially translated from a l5r game, so languages ratling doesn't make much sense, Expertise: shadowlands needs reworked, it could be hunting grounds/umbra or just some other skill. Only works against shadowland tainted creatures works fine just change it to wyrm tainted. As far as skills go courtier is figured 1 pt high Perception 1 low, Advantages come to 7 not 6. That puts you at 106 on points but you get 120 so add more stuff in.

Bladewind - Skills I come up with 20 points, looking at close combat klaive is the likely culprit as you have it figured at 2 & I have it figured at 7 to hit the plus 8. The klaive ability is at 8 points which is right but it'd be a -2 on easy to lose with damage 4, penetrating 4, affects incorporeal 2 for 10-2 at 8. Scent of man, what's it do? With staredown you have requires sight so I assume you mean sense dependent sight. As it's close range I assume you're shaping it as requires a close staredown to work. Still missing a language from your advantage. Not hitting caps offensively or defensively

Anyone that doesn't have a background or complications please post them. I'm cutting off recruiting whenever I wake up tomorrow morning. Everyone has until Saturday to finish up builds and I'll announce my choices next Tuesday.
sweetja713
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby bi0philia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Brimstone Bill McCoy
---
Strength 0, Stamina 6, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 1, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Powers
Hellish Power:
Immunity 2 [Aging, Starvation/Thirst], Comprehend Languages : comprehend 3, Senses 3 [Demonic Awareness, Darkvision; Noticeable; Innate], Protection 4; Feature: Protection applied to musical instruments in his use/possession, Hell-Fire Bullets: blast 6 [Alternate Resistance (will); Medium (guns); Affects Insubstantial (+2, Full)],
Alt: The Blues : affliction 7 [Dazed, Defenseless, Paralyzed, Resisted by will; Cumulative, Perception Range; distracting, sense dependent ]
(31 points)

Equipment
Pistol (No Bullets)
Guitar
Harmonica
Horse

Advantages
Attractive 2, Equipment 1, Interpose, Luck, Quick Draw, Redirect, Taunt, Well-Informed

Skills
Athletics 3 (+3), Deception 9 (+13), Expertise 13 (+17), Insight 7 (+11), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 9 (+13),Ranged Combat(Guns) 3 (+5), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 3 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +2
Derringer w/ Hellfire Bullets +5

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4
Toughness 10 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 31 + Advantages 9 + Skills 29 + Defenses 9 = Total 120

Complications
Redemption-Brimstone Bill is the son of the devil, at least to his belief, yet has a good nature at his core. He believes he must Redeem himself by using his hellish powers to stop the horrors of the weird west. He butts heads with the devout sometimes, as he has a bit of trouble following church tenets
The Blues- He's got em. He can be a damper on morale and will often point out the negative side of things. He believes anything is possible but he doesn't shy away from sharing his hurt. Additionally he takes any opportunity to nurse his blues, Mostly blowing money from completed assignments or from nights spent entertaining in shows of excessive drinking/ drug use. He's a bit of a Drunkard.
Wanted- He killed a man in Mississippi, and fled. It's on the other side of the country so it might not be very pressing

Bill McCoy was born near the Mississippi river delta many years ago. His mother was a lady of the night of French descent and he never met his father, although his mother often told him that he was the son of old scratch himself. In his formative years he spent his time blowing on an old harp and getting his roots in the blues. He excelled at it and had a bewitching presence from a young age. The locals found Bill unnerving and once he was old enough to fight in the war he joined the Confederate army and served in multiple campaigns over his later teens, finding that he survived blows that killed his compatriots.

By the time of his twentieth birthday he had grown tired of the war and returned home to Mississippi in search of his mother. Bad news and her derringer with no bullets was all he found when he discovered that one of her more unsavory customers had cut her down. In a moment of rage he found the man and shot him down with the derringer. Where the bullets came from, he couldn't tell you then.

He packed his things and fled under cover of night. He walked until his feet needed a rest and sat down at an old lonesome crossroads, and played a piece to pass the time while he rested. To his surprise he was greeted by a big black man. The man took Bill's guitar, tuned it, and played a little piece himself, like nothing he had heard before, the lyrics told of a man whose soul belonged to the devil since before he was born, and how the man would have to head west to redeem himself, before handing back the instrument and disappearing into the night. Bill put two and two together and took it as a sign, heading west to make a name for himself and find a way to save his soul.
Last edited by bi0philia on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bi0philia
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Walking Dad » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:31 am

I made the required changes above.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 am

sweetja713 wrote:Bladewind - Skills I come up with 20 points, looking at close combat klaive is the likely culprit as you have it figured at 2 & I have it figured at 7 to hit the plus 8.

Have to check the skills, I usually don't miss stuff like that. :lol: Broken powers, odd combos that don't always fly... those I do. Math? Oh the shame.

*edit* She has 5 ranks of the Close Attack advantage. Is this causing the skill count issue?

Just had an idea how to fix the offense/ defense. The original intent was that she needed to wolf-out to get full combat ability, but since I want her to wolf-out as little as possible... she should at least hit the defensive caps!

sweetja713 wrote:Bladewind - The klaive ability is at 8 points which is right but it'd be a -2 on easy to lose with damage 4, penetrating 4, affects incorporeal 2 for 10-2 at 8. Scent of man, what's it do? With staredown you have requires sight so I assume you mean sense dependent sight. As it's close range I assume you're shaping it as requires a close staredown to work.

Will relook the Klaive. I think my understanding of removable is different than what I am reading from your post, but I will indeed look again.

* Edit - you are correct. Need to edit that. 8)

Scent of Man is a translation of a Homid Werewolf Gift. It keeps natural animals at bay and could potentially overcome a complication (which I should add) where she is shunned by animals (or makes them nervous) by virtue of her primal aura. In reading your question though, I should think you are asking `what is the effect?` Compelled to Leave Area, Forced to Leave Area.

Your reading of Staredown is exactly my intent.

sweetja713 wrote:Bladewind - Still missing a language from your advantage. Not hitting caps offensively or defensively

:?: One Language at rank one, and double the previous rank at each additional rank... Latin for rank 1, Spanish, Garou for rank 2. If I muffed it, I would imagine I could easily add "wolf." She could understand in human form if not speak it - or she could also speak it, though it would seem really odd.

:idea: Speaking of odd combos above, I was thinking of Alt Powering something off of the Lupine Forms (Or making the Lupine Forms an AP). The notion is "Wolf's Blood" and it would giver her Enhanced Traits. The other alternative I came up with the Wolf's Blood trait (which will be 10-12 points of Enhanced Traits) and then adding the Alternate Form flat extra to that trait to gain the Crinos/ Hispo and Lupus forms. I prefer the first option as it is "cleaner" (to me at least) on the character sheet. The drawback is that some might frown upon having a Morph power as an AP of another power... (The extra point to accomplish this results from taking a point from metamporph - the glabro form might still be possible with the morph, but would not enhance her traits. This would be fun, as she might need to look less human but not get any benefit from the change...).

The whole preceding paragraph depends on how much emphasis is needed to look like other creatures. Does she need morph to look like a wolf or wolfman? Or is that descriptor?

* Edit - regarding the two preceding paragraphs... methinks they will look much simple once I get to my character sheet!

In any event, I need access to my computer (where the sheet is stored) if I want to save the changes that I make. That and I need to post to my own game before I cause a mutiny and lose my players ! :mrgreen:

I will also post the Wolf and Wolfman/ Dire Wolf stats tonight.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room