Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Awakenings (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Awakenings (IC)

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Suddenly, everyone still outside hears a clear voice in their heads...it is the voice of an older man, deep and quite soothing despite a low, rumbling undertone.
Would you please step inside? The sooner we can get started, the better. Also, after Miss McCorrigan's stunt, it would be good to get you off the street.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Belial666 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:10 pm

EVE
character sheet
HP: 1, Cond: 8)

WILL IT?
It takes you a moment to realize that booming voice, seemingly loud enough to be heard all the way to the moon and yet not bursting your eardrums -or the walls for that matter- is decidedly feminine, and probably coming from the young redhead even though she did not open her mouth.
Sorry. she says with a frown. Still bad at projecting ta only a few people at a time instead of countries. But will it be better, once we start? I have... reservations.
Belial666
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Neo-Paladin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Understandable. But I promise all your questions are going to be answered, if you would just join the others inside. I will be with you in just a minute...once I've taken an aspirin.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dufresne » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Casey

Casey gives a nod to Zach. "Nice ta meet ya," he replies with plain courtesy. "Yeah, I'd guess from the racket that we've all got our talents. I mean, what else would we all have in common that they'd drag us down here?" Then, the voices began to echo, causing a slight throb in the middle of his forehead.

First the jackhammer landing, now they're giving us headaches... that's new. Casey wasn't fond of these tricks and misdirections, and was beginning to suspect this girl might be in cahoots with whoever brought them there. I mean, the old guy was too quiet, Zach was probably great with computers or something, and he was the best marksman in, well, ever, but what kind of person reads other peoples thoughts and talks to you in your head?

"I don't know about this, some explaining needs to happen right now or I'm splitting. With all the noise you made," he gestures to Eve. The cops are bound to be on their way by now. Do what you want with your photos, I'll take my chances. Better than being led around by the nose with no idea who's holding the stick." He said all this aloud, out of frustration and an unfamiliarity with head-talking. His words were loud and forceful, but his body remained as still and calm as an old rain puddle.

OOC: Not trying to rush you in your exposition, NeoPal, just trying to stay in-character. Casey's a pretty paranoid guy. :)
Dufresne
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Walking Dad » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 am

Chris Mason
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Luck: 3 - Condition normal

Chris becomes more and more silent. The others seem... not normal, but can maybe relate to them, seeming like normal people. But that girl is plainly creepy and hearing voices in his head isn't making anything better...
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 am

A second after everyone is inside the strange waiting room and the door has closed, the door on the opposite side opens and out steps a man who obviously belongs to the voice you have heard. Tall, white-haired with a bushy white beard and friendly blue eyes, he offers you all a friendly smile.
" Thank you all for coming. I must first apologize for the way you were invited, but I had to pique your interest in some way. I am Dr. Kensington and I am sure you all have pressing questions...and while I may not have ALL the answers, I have at least a few...which is more than what can be said for the world outside."
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sirzanek » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 am

Zach Spencer

There is an uncomfortable silence as Dr. Kennsington finishes his introduction. Casey seemed to be the most pro-active of the group, but the old guy had a certain air about him that made Zach thing he wasn't someone to be crossed lightly. The other guy was quiet, which Zach found a bit comforting. The girl set Zach on edge. She seemed way too comfortable with the situation. Then there was the telepathic megaphone.... Subtle didn't seem in her repertoire.
"Questions would be an understatement, doc. But first, can we all agree on a talent hiatus for the time being, at least with regards to affecting each other? Not super comfortable with brain jacking before at least an introduction, call me old fashioned."
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Neo-Paladin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Kensington nods. " I must apologize for that. I guess I allowed my anxiety to get the better of me. Now, if you would please follow me..."
With that, he steps through the door, obviously waiting for you to follow.
The moment you do, you step into a technological wonderland. There are numerous large screens showing Youtube clips and newsclips from around the world all over the walls.
Computer tables occupy the center of the room while the south side of the hall has obviously been transformed into a small laboratory complex.
" Welcome to the future."
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Chris Mason

Chris ties to not look impressed and jokes: "Sorry, doc, but if you think youtube is the future, take a look at facebook and twitter..."

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Dufresne » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Casey

Stepping into the expanse of monitors, computers, and wires, Casey couldn't help but feel taken aback. He was really just a kid from the wrong side of Pittsburgh at heart, and computers were never his strong suit.

"Well waddaya know, quite the bachelor pad you got here, Doc," he jokes, to cover up his own ignorance. "But does it get HBO?" He meanders around, giving the machines a glance-over, running his fingers over the edges before deciding against pushing any buttons. He might have magic fingers when it came to projectile weapons, but these terminals felt clunky and withdrawn, the buttons reading like a foreign language to him.

He settled on the mass of screens along one of the walls, showing news updates from a dozen different stations in nearly as many languages. Even if it's all Greek to me, it all means something really important to somebody out there.
Dufresne
Henchman
Henchman

Postby sirzanek » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:58 am

Zach Spencer

Zach's head twitches erratically from side to side as he takes in the room and makes a mental inventory of all of the cool tech. "Oooo.....nice...huh.....wow....yuuhhhh.... Sorry, minor nerdgasm. You are eating some serious bandwidth, doc. Beyond showing off your batcave, which I think was worth the trip but I might be alone in that, why are we here?"
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 am

The doc nods and motions you all to move into the center of the room. Once there, you notice a small figure in a wheelchair in front of one of the screen panels. The man's body is a shrivelled, pitiful thing, apparently afflicted with some degenerative disease. His bald head almost looks like a skeleton, skin drawn tightly over his bones, which also makes guessing his real age difficult. At the moment, his eyes are closed, but behind the lids, the eyes move, as if he was dreaming.
Looking at the man, the doc lets out an audible sigh before he speaks to you again.
" You are here because you all possess extraordinary abilities. Abilities normally considered beyond the possible. However, as you yourself have realized, the laws of this universe are not so set in stone as we considered. Now, I invited you here because I, first of all, wish to provide you with the answers you seek and, more importantly, to offer you a chance to use your abilities to build a better future for all mankind."
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 am

Heather Rushie
HP: 1

The train connections from Long Island to the city and then to New Jersey were less complicated than Heather had thought it would be. Finding the New Jersey Transit below Penn Station had been tough with the confused thoughts of those around her, but James had gotten her through it. Apparently he'd made this trip himself a time or two.

Hendricks had been incredibly hopeful and excited about the letter, but it had left Heather worried more than anything. The evidence in the envelope had been less than convincing to an outsider, as it was hard to show someone reading minds, but SHE knew what she was doing during those times and they were all accurate. James promised her it was a good thing. So she agreed to get on the train and follow him into New Jersey, a place she rather tried to avoid.

"This is the end of my journey," James said suddenly on the train. "I'm getting off at the next stop. Follow the directions and you'll be just fine." He handed her a piece of paper and in his mind he said, <You'll do great.> Before she could object, he slipped through the open doors and they closed between them.

Heather was on her own. Or at least as alone as she could be with a train full of thinking passengers. She practiced her breathing and centered her mind like Hendricks had taught her and blocked out the extra.

The collected thoughts in the 'Future Room' had rushed Heather with a thousand reactions. She was seeing what her own eyes were seeing, what those around her were seeing, and then what they all thought about it. All of this was enough to keep her pretty quiet.

sirzanek wrote:Not super comfortable with brain jacking before at least an introduction, call me old fashioned."

If anyone was watching, they'd see Heather's eyes widen when she heard this correction of etiquette. She was still learning and often didn't WANT to be reading people's thoughts.

gah! Sorry I'm so behind. Glad you've kept going. I will get more into this campaign, I promise! I'm reading and catching up as I can. I'll post questions if I think of any no one else is asking.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby Neo-Paladin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Interest already lost here?
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Chris Mason

Chris sounds a bit confused by the docs assumptions: ""Questions"? I had no idea that many and kind of freaks are around. And how should we build a better future for mankind? Heck, I don't even know how to build a better future for myself!"

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room