Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Awakenings (IC)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Awakenings (IC)

Postby Neo-Paladin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:32 pm

" I have the contents, of course", Marcus responds, sounding somewhat indignated. " His last facebook friend was added 2 weeks ago. Apart from a few spam mails and other junk...as well as a LOT of orders from Amazon...I have nothing that does not look like a private mail. However...in one he complains about his girlfriend acting strange and wanting him to come with her to the Occupy protests even though she's been apolitical until this point..."
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 am

Chris Mason
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Luck: 3 - Condition normal

"In this case, pink-eye likely manipulated her to get him to the protest. Maybe he manipulated the overly zealous cops, too, and the whole event was staged." Chris says, than looks at the others:
"Can anyone of you detect former mind manipulation or bring back repressed memories?"
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby sirzanek » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 am

Zach Spencer

Zach has been listening deep in thought, either that or he has been putting a lot of effort into trying to make his eyebrows touch. "So, you bring up a couple of really interesting points. For one thing, introductions have been a bit spotty up until now. If we are going to be working together, names would be helpful. Also, knowing what we each bring to the table would be nice. So, to get the ball rolling, I'm Zach. I'm a computer tech. I have a pretty flawless memory and if yo believe my mom, I'm intellectually gifted. If you believe my dad, I'm a smart ass. Power wise, my whole neuro-electric system seems to have been juiced up. My neural impedance has dropped so my mental processes are incredibly fast, physical a little quicker than normal. I can sense electrical current and magnetic fields; detecting metal, wall current, even down to other people's neural impulses and reading data off of magnetic media. I can also adjust my own bio electric field slightly to alter data and as a nice side effect I am pretty much shock proof. I'm still conductive, but the electricity doesn't phase me." Zach pauses for a second. "The next big thing that pops to mind is that if the demonstration brawl was Shanks' breakout event, that would logically mean that Patch Adams has the capability to either cause a breakout or can accurately predict who will manifest powers and when. That is based on the idea that he got in touch with Shanks before hand or in some way manipulated the girlfriend. The other possibility is that he has some kind of media filtering capacity, possibly similar to the data sifting that Marcus is doing. That kind of a beat down would probably get uploaded to social media pretty quick, and the demonstrations had no shortage of smart phones. Now I am not saying that we shouldn't pursue the prior contact angle. It might yield results. I just don't want to lose sight of what happened after Shanks vanished. I'm intrigued how he managed to elude hospital video security. That might give us a little more to go on. Not appearing on standard footage tells a much different story than missing or corrupted footage."
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Chris Mason
Character Sheet - HP: 1 - Luck: 3 - Condition normal

"My name is Chris. My body adapted to live in the ocean. Doesn't sound much, but it includes surviving in deaths with pressure that can crash cars. Makes me pretty resilient and strong... and yes, I can swim fast. And no, I cannot talk to fish!
I think you are right, what happened to the footage?

... uhm... next."

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby whiteprofit » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Heather Rushie
HP: 1

Shyly, Heather stepped forward realizing that people couldn't read her mind. She'd never admitted her powers to anyone before and yet this room o strangers felt a safer place than her family. At least of these people didn't like it, she could leave them behind with no hat feelings. And on top of that, she had a lot of information about them already.

"My name is Heather. I'm not very good at it yet, but I can read people's surface thoughts. I only just discovered this, but it usually lets me know I people are lying to me. I've also tried, though not always successfully to speak to people's minds also. I think it's called telepathy."

wasnt sure if this was dead or not. Honestly I forgot about it until I was looking at old posts today, I'm sorry. If we're still going don't hesitate to kick me in the hit and remind me I'm holding things up. :)
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Postby sirzanek » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 am

Zach Spencer

"Telepathy? Cool. I can sort of tell when people are lying, as the neural activity in the creative centers of the brain amps up, but actually being able to hear what they're thinking? That is all kinds of useful. Must make first dates a bit awkward...."
Zach's eyes go a bit wide as he realizes that he just let his train of thought run right out of his mouth again. Then again she could already hear it if he was thinking it, so did it really matter? "Any one else want to weigh in?"
OOC- Yeah, kind of feeling that this one is pretty much comatose. But until Neo calls it, I'll keep responding.
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:48 am

Problem is, the game shrunk down to 3 people all of a sudden and it kind of feels like a kick right in the enthusiasm here :(
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sirzanek » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:50 am

Totally get it. Which is sad, as I was getting all excited about this eye patch guy.... Well, if it is dead, it shall be mourned. Is there the possibility for additional recruitment to bolster the numbers?
sirzanek
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Neo-Paladin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 am

In theory, yes...but I do not know how to find players who do not jump ship when there is a longer sequence without heads getting busted.
Neo-Paladin
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Not sure myself... by announcing the less combat in the re-recruitment thread? Or isn't there even less combat, just a longer introduction part? I got more an investigation vibe for this game, which is totally fine :)

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Previous

Return to M&M Game Room