Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:42 am

It is a beautiful sunny day downtown. The news predicts a storm later tonight but for now it is the perfect type of day to be outside. For your own reasons you are all at The Mall outside of JM's apparel. A dirty looking older man is bothering a group of young women who do not appear to appreciate the attention.

After about a minute of this a young man approaches the group and shoves the man away saying "what is your problem dude."

The man, unfazed by this, turns, lifts the boy by his shirt, and throws him through the wall of the store. People scatter away from him as he walks toward the boy, fist raised. Some people nearby pull out their phones and begin dialing 911 in a panic.

The man will reach the boy on initiative 10 while the boy acts at 6. Post when you can, it does not need to be in initiative order.
Last edited by Mr.Sandman on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Galatea:

Initiative (1d20+0=11)

Leah wryly thought about the advantages of anonymity as she made her purchases with cash. Advantages like using credit cards and not wearing silly wide brimmed straw hats, a plain blue sun dress, leather sandals and over sized sunglasses. Fortunately the day was hot and bright as usual so such apparel raised no eyebrows.

Such was the price of fame (or infamy depending who you ask.) and she did not feel like getting into hassles with the store management if they recognized her. Still there were sales at The Mall Leah just couldn't resist.

As she left the clothing store, Leah noticed what looked to her like a homeless man harassing some women. She had figured that mall security could handle the situation when a young man began pushing the older man away from the women.

The man responded by grabbing the youth and throwing him into the nearest wall.

Aw, crap. Why did this have to happen when i'm impulse buying?
Last edited by Cold Steel on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 pm

N'KIE
HP1

N'KIE was being worn by Bradley Dent a master of the human psychology. Though unsure of their exact purpose here, N'KIE was taking the opportunity to scan nearby apparel in case Bradley ever requested to wear such.

The altercation drew N'KIE's focus.

<<Is intervention desired?>> it requests through the psychic link it had established with its wearer.

init (1d20+7=17) Delay until LDM goes. Free action, if desired, shift into whatever costume LDF uses.

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Mall


OOC wrote:Initiative: 1d20+3=14

Bradley didn't even have the chance to start shopping forfore trouble reared it's ugly head. He had considered letting security handle the matter when the old man threw a younger guy through a wall. Security might not be able to handle that kind of old man. An afirmitive went out to N'KIE, when the suit inquired about intervening.

<<Yes. Try to remember the girls the old man was harassing too. We might need to approach them later.>>

As he communed with the suit Bradley ducked out of sight into a tunnel leading through the usually unseen inner workings of the mall. There he sent N'KIE the details of his costume; a tattered and torn duster covered in cobwebs with 'blood stains'. Black faded jeans, and a shirt that looked like stetched together leather ... or skin. While the change took place Bradly pulled out his ghoul mask.

When it was dawned he stepped. Walking out of the tunnel/alley LDM pulled a thick black batton with a leather grip out from under his shirt and coat as he stalked toward the conflict. Holding it out to the side he let the end tap against shop walls as he advanced on the old man. He looked like a walking abomination. A cancer in the middle of the bright and shiny day and he was coming for the old meta. Lifting his left hand he seemed to reach out for the old man.

<<We're probably dealing with a Boost junkie. Do what you can to keep him off the kid while I get close.>>
OOC wrote:During his turn LDM will use his Emotion Controlto to inspire fear in the antagonist, a DC 20 Will save, (perception range so it auto-hits) and move to get closer.

Power Description wrote:Emotion Control 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Fear" (-1/r) ; Power Feats: Innate (+1 pp), Subtle 2 (+2 pp)]
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 pm

N'KIE

<<Acknowledged.>>

A near invisible force lashes out for the old man's legs.

attack then trip (1d20+10=27, 1d20+10=30)
Move object, Subtle, Precise. His Str or Dex vs my trip roll of... 30.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 983
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Weyrd » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Issac Hex

Knew it, Issac thought to himself. He had only recently gotten into town, but he knew just where to start if he wanted to encounter some of the strange happenings rumored to be coming out of Sapphire Cove. Issac had found the local mall was often a beacon of strangeness in most towns. Granted a perverted old man throwing a younger one through a wall was not what he was hoping to encounter, but he couldn't very well ignore it. Tracing his finger in the air, a fiery purple rune briefly blares to life. As it fades a dark mist starts settle in around the downed young man. Issac begins to move towards the young man, hoping to remove him from danger under cover of darkness and ,if he's lucky, no one will even suspect his true part in the rescue

Initiative: 1d20+1=17, Obscure , since he doesn't know how many people are there to help only Issac, the young man, and any character who steps into help before him will be able to see through the obscure.

User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Do any of us see the source of this mist before it fully forms?
"Fortune favors the stupid!"

User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Annoyed at the loss of her prey.

*sigh*Jia Li had followed the man for several hours, she had him identified as one of the Boost addicts in the local area. She had spent the time and effort to influence the minds and perceptions of the young women who were currently huddled close to her. Hours of work, following an addict, making sure his didn't harm anyone in his addiction, following him, attempting to find his source and follow the chain up the ladder. And now ...

The large man, wearing leathers, and blood stained hides. She would normally take him as an addict as well, but his aura was wrong, calm and centered. Almost a shadow of another mind behind his. Odd. She filed it away for us at a later time. Another man, focused, enigmatic, and anachristic thought patterns. Old.

Sudden movement, a young boy put through a wall by the addict, the ghoulish man rushing from an alley, somehow startling or tripping the Boost junkie, a cloud of darkness, an illusion? Odd. Who conjured it? This wasn't coincidence, this was something ... esle.

Drawing her energies inward, concealing, and focusing her internal qi, Jia Li shielded her thoughts and stepped away the young women, towards the crowd losing herself in the flow and press of bodies, like a fish swims the stream.

OOC: Stealth Roll (Hide in Plain Sight): 1d20+11=31


Now you addict before you hurt someone else, you want another fix. It's right here ... With a push into the addled, crazed mind of the addicted, Lotus forced the image of his pusher with a small plastic bag filled to bursting with the capsules he craved. I've got your boost right here ...

OOC: Mental Illusion, pushing his addiction to the forefront of his brain, and then dangling that carrot from my hands. Perception Range (All senses) Will DC 20
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)

User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:31 am

OOC:. Initiative: 1d20+8=12. Sorry posting from my phone.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)

User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Galatea:

HP: 1

Leah almost bit her tongue as she saw the creepy mist blocking the young man and his assailant from view.

What in the hell? At least most of these happy shoppers had the good sense to run off once this mess got started. Never any good with crowd control.

There was no time to get to her moped and stow the shopping bag and she left her costume at home. As she took off her hat and sunglasses and placed them along with her purse inside the shopping bag, Leah felt rather bad about worrying more about some slacks and shoes she had just brought than the strange event happening before her very eyes.

Still there were nice shoes...

Fortunately there were stone benches nearby and after tossing the bag under one of them deep enough that no one would see it under casual observation, Leah willed her body to transform into the stone like figure of Galatea.

Setting her jaw firmly, she proceeded carefully into the mist, hoping she can help the young man in time.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"

Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Ok so initiative is thus
Issac Hex
N'KIE
Living-Dead-Man
Lotus Infinite
Galatea
Junkie
Young Man


Issac

Stepping into your darkness you see the young man is dazed by his short flight and sudden, very rough stop. You know he is lucky to not be knocked out or worse as you pick your way through the rubble surrounding him. Lucky for him they make malls cheap these days; that wall was made of wood and plaster not cement or brick. You can see into the store through the hole and everybody inside is huddled near the back wall close to panic. Shortly after you walk in what appears to be a living statue enters your cloud, crushing debris as she walks on it and searching for the boy.

N'KIE, LDM
The junkie goes from standing to on his behind in record time, looking up at you in terror and screaming gibberish for a second before something catches his attention. He turns and looks into the crowd of fleeing people before screaming "Mine, give it to me!" And lunging in.

Lotus

The man turns and looks directly at you though the crowd screaming "Mine, give it to me!" Pushing off of the ground he lunges into the crowd towards you.

Galatea
You walk into a smoky cloud of darkness, hardy able to see your hand in front of your face. You can hear wood and plaster cracking with each of your steps.

Weyrd
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 983
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Weyrd » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Issac Hex
HP: 1

Normally when Issac saw a living statue he'd don his sword and armor and blast it to rubble (and yes he'd seen enough of them in his lifetime to have a standard operating procedure for them,) but he didn't sense any malevolent magic animating the statue so he stayed his hand. Still, he couldn't relax quite yet, not with out knowing it's intentions. Looking at the boy, Issac puts a finger of his lips in a shushing gesture and with another finger traces a rune in the air. As this rune fades the disembodied voice of Issac sounds out from what seems to be right behind the living statue, on the other side from Issac and the boy. "Friend or foe?" the illusory voice says.

Illusion 10 selective for Galatea and the boy (so that he might have a clue as to what spell Issac was casting and not panic.) Depending on Galatea's response/answer, Issac will include her into the selective group people not affected by the obscure as soon as he can (don't know if that can be this turn or will have to wait till beginning of next turn)

User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Galatea:

Galatea cold barely navigate through this thick peasoup fog when she heard a voice behind her. She couldn't see anything of course so hitting at the source of the voice was rather pointless.

Damn, diplomacy then. Yeah leave me with the more difficult problems at hand. Just give me someone i can bash with my rock fists.

"Depends on who's asking. Most people would just ask for the way to get out of here or scream "Stay away from me, you stony freak!" I doubt you are a rent-a-cop.

Friend then i guess. You're a tour guide as well? I need to find a old guy in order to save a young guy from being roadkill."
"Fortune favors the stupid!"

Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Mall


Behind the dead eyes of the ghoul mask Bradley's own narrowed when he saw the smoke screen form around the man who'd been thrown through the wall. There was some crunching, like something very heavy moving around inside the cloud, and some talking. He could hear that much as he moved by. But the old man remained the focus of LDM's attention, as he trusted in N'KIE to watch their backs.

<<What do you make of all this ?>>

It was very obvious there were multiple parties involved here. But the old man remained the only obvious person. When the junkie exhibited suspicious behavior, inspired by either delusion or illusion, and went running into the crowd LDM rushed after him. But if someone was pulling the junkies's strings they weren't considering the danger to civilians, or didn't care.

The thick black batton he held was twirled around once, than swung low, towards the back of the Boost Junkie's knee. Bradley's other hand, held open, made a vague gesture to make it look like whatever N'KIE did came from him.

<<Lets try to keep him from wading into the crowd. There are too many people that could get hurt.>>

OOC wrote:Move Action to persue the Boost Junkie. Standard Action to attack with his battle batton

Attack roll [Power Attack -2/+2]: 1d20+11=26 DC 24 Tough
Roll Call thread: Character Cache

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:31 am

N'KIE
HP1LP1

<<Original assailant still on radar - his movements are... erratic. Two others have stepped up to engage*. One whose Mass is well above normal proportions. Will attempt to restrain target.>>

Under the cover of the Obscuring mist, a force issues from the suit - distortions in the air heading to snare the junkie.

[*can't perceive Lotus with that awesome hide roll.]

attack (1d20+10=30) Snare, normally ref dc20, but crit makes that 25. I worry because I've gotten some awesome rolls consecutively for this game, the way my luck usually goes I'm expecting nothing but 1's here on out...]


Return to “M&M Game Room”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests