Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Millennium » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:31 pm

The Illustrator
Randy Anderson
HP = 1, Condition = Adrenaline Rush....

As soon as Randy sees Galatea turn into her stone form, and once he realises the civilians are going to injure themselves in the panic, he quickly snaps into a change of plan. In an instant the cloud pulls back and away from the crowd, disappearing as Randy lifts his arms and a blast of bright, garish colours flies out from his hands towards the villain with the grenade launcher

User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Sakuro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Roof Top


Without introduction comment Bradley twirl he baton and made a series of quick strikes meant to capitalize on the vulnerability of joints around the Sword Man's wrist and elbow. It was meant to weaken the man's hold on his weapon, so that when he delivered the final strike the weapon would be batted out of the man's hand and off the roof. Well, out of range of retrieval by mundane means.
OOC wrote:I'll use Well-Informed to see if LDM knows anything about this guy, or if these people have any traits/mannerisums that are common with a group. Using Skill Mastery to take 10 on the Intimidate check gives a result of 29.

Attempt to Disarm the Sword Man; Attack then LDM's Damage vs Sword Man's Strength: 1d20+11 =21, 1d20+7=20 The first one should be 23. I mistakenly subtracted 2 from LDM's attack roll.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Galatea

The dark cloud disappears as quickly as it came. Standing in front of you is a young man who shoots an orb of bright and clashing colors into the face of a man with a smoking video camera who drops the weapon, clutching his stomach.

Init please


Illustrator

Your shot hits the gunman in the face. He drops the weapon, clutching his stomach and runs off.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Cold Steel » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Galatea:

Who the hell is this guy? Did he created this fog or what? Galatea puzzled as she moved directly in front of the reporter now that the strange blackness was gone and she could see much more clearly.

"I'll cover you until you can see a way to safety and keep your head down!" she said over her rocky shoulder.

"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 am

N'KIE

To prevent the bound man from issuing more commands she tweaks the Tractor field to cut off his airway. [chokehold]

Also, not wanting to interfere with Bradley's fight, She intensifies the field around the bound man so it is harder to break.

now it will roll at +11 against his automatic str damage
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Millennium » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 pm

PS - Anyone looking at Randy sees a guy dressed like this, wearking a plain black mask over his face
User avatar
Millennium
Mastermind
Mastermind
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm

LDM, N'KIE

Based on the description you got, the guy with the sword is Steel Talon, the swords master that escaped Blackmist. The boys downstairs are just common thugs, and the bound man is probably the same. Whoever he is working for was cheap on this mission except for that sword and its wielder, the thugs aren't even Extra.


Your strikes on the mans wrist hit with surgical precision and he drops the sword. The second it leaves his hand the blue light leaves the blade and it splits into its component pieces which scatter across the roof. The man laughs and looks at you in surprise, "Your first strike and you find the prototypes fatal flaw, impressive. Even more impressive is that you were able to disarm me, a feat none has been able to accomplish in a decade and a half. Lets see if you can do it again." He pulls what appears to be a cell phone from his pocket that is actually a disguised blade like the first. He shifts into a defensive stance and looks at you expectantly.

Galatea
Talking is a free action if you would still like to go.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:29 pm

N'KIE

The Suit's processors take in the presented data and reevaluates the threat level of their foe with his masterful training and array of gadgets. N'KIE had made the mistake that the person with the cell phone would offer the greater threat to The Wearer. It was distressing to find that was not the case.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Galatea:

Without waiting for the reporter's reply, Galatea moved her way toward where the guy was fighting with the bazooka carrier.

"Boys, boys, boys." she called out. "Now what did your mommy told you about roughhousing in public with heavy ordinance. Must i give you a time out?" At the end of her statement, Galatea cracked her knuckles for emphasis, sparks literally was flying out of her stony fingers.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Sakuro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Roof Top


After disarming the swords man Bradley pointed the tip of his baton at the man as though it were some other worldly rod of ruin that would obliterate him. The eerie ghost-voice, like some distant fiend crawling out of a windy nether plane, came creeping out.

"You escape Blackmist only to stand in front of The Storm. Your folly will be rewarded with pain Steel Talon."

<<He might be nimble, but he isn't that strong. Your Tactor Beam should hold him.>>

Then he struck, not to disarm the sword man, but to bruise and break. To disable and render prone. His strike came quick, with a twirling motion. Steel Talon may have fancied a test of skill, but Bradley didn't.
OOC wrote:LDM uses Startle's feint option. Employing Skill Mastery to take 10 on Intimidate - 5 so he can feint as a move action results in a 24.

Attack Steel Talon: 1d20+13=16 if that hits, it is DC 22 Tough
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:21 pm

LDM, N'KIE

Thug- Bound
Steel Talon- Bruised 1

The man looks at you, obviously startled by your voice. "So, it is true what they..." he doesn't get out the rest of his sentence before your baton slams into his arm. He cries out in pain but keeps his grip on the blade this time.

N'KIE's turn


Galatea

The thugs look at you in disdain and those with firearms shoot at you. You don't even bother dodging, in fact you try to catch any that would miss you so any civilians behind you are not hit by mistake. You had even taken blasts from grenade launchers before with no effect, but if they got their hands on it again it could prove fatal to the newswoman and any other civilian caught in its blast radius

With 13 impervious you can't be hurt by anything they have right now. Illustrator's turn. BE, you still out there?
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 pm

N'KIE
hp1

<<Locking on target.>>

The air around the swordsman congeals in heavy, distorted bands and the Suit modulates a tractor beam to his position. It's not a quick process and if he twists just right it will distort the field or negate it completely.


AE: Targeted Tractor Field: Snare, [anchored], Feats- Tether, chokehold, Accurate 5 pr 10
snare attack (1d20+10=28)
DC20 Reflex, miss = anchored and entangled, –2 to attack rolls and Defense, and a –4 penalty to Dexterity, by 5 or more, bound and helpless
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 pm

LDM, N'KIE

Steel Talon- Bruised 1
Other Guy- Trapped.

Steel Talon barely dodges the beam and looks at you in respect, "A sorcerer as well as an undead, you are full of surprises" he looks down quickly at the chaos below and mutters "More resilient than we thought" He swings the flat of his blade around to catch your legs but you are easily able to step out of the way.

Galatea, The Illustrator

The ball of color catches another thug in the face, causing him to drop his knife and rub at his face.

Lotus
A search check would work here if you are stuck.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby Sakuro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Rooftop


Bradley stepped back to avoid the sword stroke, and drew his baton back. His body like a spring coiling in on itself. Then, after the blade had passed through it's arch, he stepped forwards and thrust the head of his baton at the center of Steel Talon's chest in a focused blow. It was like a battering ram, though instead of knocking down a fortress's gates, LDM intended to knock down a man.
OOC wrote:Attacking Steel Talon [Power Attack -3/+3]: 1d20+10=19 DC 25 Tough if that hits.
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:42 pm

N'KIE

Once more N'KIE attempts to engulf the man in mobility-distorting air.

attack (1d20+10=16) hrm, likely a miss
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests