Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Galatea:

"Muchas gracias, dudes." Galatea said in her usual smart ass tone after hearing all the bickering. "To kill or not to kill, that's the question. My answer: first one who tries it gets a stone fist down their throat. Kill, kill, kill. Any clown with a I.Q. slightly below room temperature can kill. Of course with present company i stand corrected and we don't even know if killing him would stop this mess.

Can't Lotus enter his mind and somehow "shut" him or rather his power off? I don't like mind rape... errr... i mean mind control but i see no other options here."
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Police station

OOC wrote:Who suggested killing the guy?

<<Not a bad idea. We can go that route if he doesn't help willingly.>>

"He's asleep, not dead. If you can't wait, get me in his head and we can talk to him on the way to the prison. We have half an hour. That's how long it'll take us to get to our destination."

When he said 'we' Bradley motioned to his chest with one rotting hand, and then to Lotus. Without waiting for further debate or argument from the woman LDM shoved their prisoner back into the van and closed to door before taking his own seat again. When Galatea mentioned shutting the guy's powers off he held up the cuffs given to them by the police.

"That's what these are for. But Lotus wants to try and get him to use his powers to help first."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Lotus

The petal field again tries to block off your connection with his mind but, perhaps because it is weakened from the fight as he is, you are able to gain control of most of his mental functions, though it still holds sway in small, tightly defended areas.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Cold Steel » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Galatea:

Galatea kept her mouth closed. She made no apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion of thinking her companions were planning murder. She sighed as she turned toward the general direction of Blackmist. She had been there only once and it was enough as the depressing place had soured on her. While she didn't look forward to a return visit in this lousy weather, she saw no other options.

I rather be at Disney World.
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 am

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Two.
Condition: In the mindscape ...

Lotus dropped into a kneeling position beside the unconscious man, slowly she calmed her breathing, and focused her chi. Gently she reached forward and allowed her finger tips to brush the temples of the enforcer as she felt his internal mindscape flood her perceptions.

Again she noticed the blossom petals everywhere, though less dense than before, like the season had changed. She oriented herself in his psyche, Lotus was keenly aware that the nature of the mindscape was shared images, shared experiences, the spoken word had little use here. So she opened herself up, images of her and her brother Jiao, a childlike innocence, hope and youth. She let these images and emotions fill her, then she pushed them out into his psyche to see the effects they would have on his personal mindscape.

The blossom petals drifting away, as if on a fresh breeze from the ripple of innocence and love. She walked deeper into his psyche, looking for images, experiences she could use. She say flashes of a hard life, but the details were obscured by the petals floating across her field of vision. She pushed deeper still, to where the petals almost formed a solid swirling wall. Lotus was keenly aware of the two roads that lay before her, she could try to dominate, and subjugate his psyche and force him to do the right thing, but was unsure if she could manipulate his powers as well as the man himself.

The other road was harder, she would have to break down his barriers and convince the man to do the right thing of his own free will. And she had no idea how deeply this conditioning within him ran. She thought of her brother, and determined to walk the high road. For Jiao. No boy ever grew up wanting to be a thug, or an enforcer. Boys wanted to be police men, firefighters, they wanted to help people, they wanted to be strong, they had dreams of being able to fly, of changing the world. She reached out for this mans little boy, and tried to pull him from the swirling maelstrom of petals that was dominating his mind.

She looked deep into herself, and drew forth her love of her brother Jiao, her dreams as a child, she wrapped that love, and that optimism in the guilt, and regret she felt over her brother's death, and then finally she thought of the thousands of innocent lives that this storm threatened and tempered her love, and regret with compassion and responsibility.

She drew those emotions like a sword of incandescent green fire, glowing like a thousand, thousand fireflies on a lazy summer night, and she swung that blade through the wall of petals in a desperate attempt to reach the core of the mans psyche.

There is a storm coming, and you can choose to stand against it, to let it flow around you, through you, you can become that storm, and then let the winds die down into a calm unlike anything you've ever known. And in that calm be reborn ... or you can give in to the storm, and let your life, and the lives of thousands be swept away before it and continue down the path that you set yourself upon so long ago.

You have a ...

CHOICE.

OOC: Power Stunting Lotus' Array into a Nullify 10 (All powers of Psychic Descriptor) Effect, with Precise on it. Will save DC 20. In an attempt to bring down the Psychic Barriers and reason with the man rather than who he is being forced to be.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Wow. Take another hero point for that stunning visual Zen

Lotus

Your mental blade clears away many of the swirling walls of petals but in some areas it only seems to agitate them and they turn from simple petals to full roses that upon inspection also resemble vipers. They sink their thorny fangs into areas of his mindscape, leaving areas of deep corrosion. Whatever was there, someone did not want it known when he was no longer controlled. Images now flash before you, the mans life and purpose laid out for you in pieces.

In one a young boy, yet you can somehow tell it is this man, joyfully rides on an older man in a paramedic's uniform's, his father's, shoulders.

His father again, this time he is not joyful but deadly serious as he pulls on his uniform and heads out the door.

Two men, friends of his fathers, standing in the doorway holding a tattered, burnt, piece of uniform. Daddy won't be coming home. Grief and anger war in his mind and he begins to shut himself off from others.

He is a few years older now, his mother decides it is time he knows the whole story.

A burned building, the place his father died. A local gang had launched an attack on a rival operating out of this building and his father had been called in to help where he could. The gang, not wanting to get caught had set fire to the building, his father had died saving a young, pregnant woman from the blaze.

A man, hidden in shadows, with a shiny, evil looking, gun. Offering him a chance at justice, a chance at revenge.

The thrill as he made one of the killers feel the same pain he did. The unknowing signing of a deal with the devil.

Much of the rest is a jumble, the corrosion obscuring important parts, but mostly you can feel the pain, anguish, and fury that made up the next ten years of his life. Sitting at the end of this is a young boy, sitting on the floor, a uniform far to big for him his last defense against the strange snakes closing in on all sides.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Living-Dead-Man
Loc.: in route to the prison

Bradley sat silently while Lotus worked. He had tucked the null-cuff into one of his duster's pocket and now took to monitoring the situation, both inside and outside the van. The storm was drawing increasingly closer to Saphire Cove, and as if in reflection of the looming danger things had gotten quiet in the van. Even Galatea had stopped her horrific attempts to sing along to bad music. LDM was patient in waiting for Lotus' progress. Afterall, in a storm half an hour could be a very long time.
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Three>Two.
Condition: Searching for hope ...

Seeing the young boy clutching his fathers clothing touched something within Lotus' soul, the mindscape rumbled ominously. Perhaps the boys powers, or the affects of the storm, her time was drawing to a close, she must save this spark of innocence and bring this boy back from the brink.

She searched his mind for the memories of his father, the smell of his cologne, the warmth of his arms, the rough timbre of his laugh, she drew it all in, and wore that memory as armor, as she strode through the field of snakes. Her sword slashed horizontally across the snakes, then a vertical slash as she advanced towards the child. Again another two slashes through the writhing mass of his conditioning, of his guilt, and his anger, the ground splashed with red as her blade of fireflies hummed through the air. Again she advanced, her feet slipping among the bodies of the snakes, sweat dripping into her eyes, her breath became labored as she struggled against the young man's darkness, fought through it to find that last spark of innocence.

She stood her ground, and protected the small child, her blade of fireflies, now a jade green flame, the blade igniting the blood of the snakes, marking her advance with green flame, the fire surrounded them now. The center of the field pushed clear, the scorched earth forming the kanji of hope ...

She knelt, the snakes still hissing, and trying to press past the flames of hope, she knelt and extended her hand to the young boy ... "Come child, it is time for us to wake ... there is a storm coming and only you can shelter us from it. Wake up, wake up, wake up ..."

OOC: Hopefully having nullified the psychic block on the enforcer, I am going to power stunt (AGAIN!); for an Emotion Control Effect linked to a Weaken Willpower Effect. In essence bringing down his mental barriers to allow an emotion he has suppressed to help him break his conditioning, and hopefully make him favorable to us upon waking to stop the storm. I will cancel the Fatigue from this 2nd Power stunt with a Hero Point, leaving me at Fatigued from the original nullify stunt.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:08 pm

N'KIE

The Suit continues to monitor Emergency Weather frequencies, providing synopsies every quarter hour or upon request to Bradley.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:41 am

Lotus

The boy looks up at you and says "Thank you," before growing to the age he is now, still wearing his fathers uniform. A great wind tosses the remaining snakes away from him but draws the flames in, "for the second chance. I think it is time to see what we can do to help."

LDM, Galatea, N'KIE

The man begins to stir and his eyes open, there is something different in them, something softer. Without the hardness and fury you see that he can be no older than eighteen. "What do you need me to do?" He asks.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Cold Steel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Galatea:

Without looking at the guy as she kept her eyes on the sky, Galatea answered flippantly:

"Oh, i dunno, covering my whole body with hot fudge while giving me a back rub would be nice but instead how about you try to fix the weather, you noob."
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:34 pm

"If it were easy I would have done it already. I don't remember putting near enough power into that fight to cause this. If this was just me it should have stopped when you knocked me out." The boy looks worried that it did not, "I have never stopped a storm, only started them. From what I am sensing this storm is huge, even if I knew how I might not be able to stop it completely. As near as I can tell, my powers pulled in a small hurricane and made it stronger. I could push it away in the same way, but that would make it even stronger."
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sakuro » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Living-Dead-Man
Loc.: in route to the prison

Bradley had raised a hand, his fingers curling into a fist, when he saw the enforcer rousing. The dead man seemed ready to knock him right back out again. At least until he started talking, rather then attempting to escape. The rotten limb lowered, and after Galatea's trade mark snark, and the weather controller's explanation, LDM looked out to the coast and nodded.

"Can you push it out to sea, where it will do less harm?"
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Two.
Condition: Fatigued.

Lotus straightened her form, squaring her shoulders. Her braid had come loose from during her meditations, and her bangs stuck to her forehead with sweat.

"Oh, i dunno, covering my whole body with hot fudge while giving me a back rub would be nice but instead how about you try to fix the weather, you noob."

She glared at the stone woman's face, her eyes blazing. "The man has made a long journey Statue, keep your harsh words to yourself. Please." She listened as the Ghost and his Armor made their suggestion, a valid one, but having grown up in Hong Kong, she was aware of the damage a hurricane, even at sea could cause.

"The Ghost is right, perhaps direct it away, and diffuse your concentration as it pushes out to sea, perhaps allowing it to break apart into several storms, the sum is greater than it's parts. Perhaps." She looked out now at the driving rain, and how much fury the storm had picked up since her meditation.
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:59 pm

"That would be a good idea if I could keep control of it without continuing to make it stronger. Once it was no longer under my control the natural laws of weather would take hold again and they would fuse if they were still close enough before again following their natural course- Northwest, right back to us, or nearby, and stronger still."

I believe Weather is covered under Earth Sciences, so anyone wanting a hint make a knowledge Earth sciences check.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room