Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:18 pm

N'KIE

The Suit tries to engage its personal Hovering capabilities before Bradley (and itself) are dunked in the water.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: docks


The darkly garbed man sailed through the air, his body twisting and limbs maneuvering to aim his feet down when he landed, and extend his arms for balance. But there wasn't any ground beneath him when he impacted with the salty ocean water. A splash could be heard, then seconds later the ghoul-man began climbing out of the coastal waters, his hood pulled back to reveal his mask. Water trickled off of his undead features as though he were some long lost corpse rising from the deep to haunt the living that dwelled on the land.
OOC wrote:Or if N'KIE's hover kicks in: he "lands" with an eerie sense of grace, floating above the water like some wraith from the nether world.


"Lets try to finish this up before the police get in our way."

Bradley encouraged his comrades while releasing a strap that held his battle baton in palm. With a flick of fingers, the black robs slid out of his sleeve in into his hand. Then abruptly he rushed forward, coming to bear on the weather controller. The living dead man swung his weapon towards the man's stomach, and he didn't hold back.
OOC wrote:Baton attack [Power Attack -3/+3]: 1d20+10=21 DC 25 Tough
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Three.
Condition: Zen Mind.

The enforcer hovered in the air above the Ghost and his Armor. As the winds kicked started to swirl around him Lotus decided her time had approached, she let loose with a flurry of small three inch deadly blades, humming through the air to towards his outstretched arms and torso.

If these can disrupt his concentration, draw his fire then I will have served my purpose well. As she loosed her blades she ducked quickly back into the alley to conceal herself and force the enforcer to pursue to find her.

OOC: Full All Out Attack, and Full Power Attack, resulting in a net, +0 Accuracy, +5 Effect, and -5 Active Defenses. +14 (+10 Accuracy, +4 Attack Specialization Throwing Blades; +2 Aim Action; +2 Circumstance from Stealth) (1d20+18=33)DC: 26, additional +1 DC for every 2 the Attack beat opponents Dodge, maximum of +5. Penetrating. Then a Move Action back into the alley and into concealment.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Lotus's sudden attack catches the man by surprise, hitting him rather solidly in the back.

Staggered and stunned, Faiting away the stunned take an HP. His attack still goes through


LDM finds himself hovering just above the surface of the water and is able to get back to land quickly and take a solid swing. This hits the enforcer solidly on the side, crumpling him to the ground. The dealer looks up in relief and gratitude before realizing he is probably next "Hehe, I surrender?" The enforcer is unconscious but the sky is still covered in dark clouds. Occasionally you can see a flash of lightning flicker between them and the wind is still whipping strongly. The air smells of rain to come, and soon.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: docks


With the Enforcer unconsious and the boost dealer surrendering Bradley pointed his battle baton first at one, then the other; as though it were some magical wand.

<<Go ahead and restrain them N'KIE.>>

He waited for his partner to secure their prisoners before giving his baton a twirl and sliding it back up his sleeve.

"Grab them and go Galatea. You know where to meet us."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Galatea:

"Grab 'em and go? What are they, a bag of take out food?" Galatea mumbled as she gazed up at the sky while leaving the scene.

"I am not a meteorologist or anything but i thought there be clear skies once this guy was taken out."
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 pm

After Galatea pulls away the older cop approaches you "Hey, you are supposed to turn them in to the nearest actual police!"
His younger partner runs over from near the buildings and says "Sir, we have a homicide 2 blocks from here. We are being called in for traffic control."
"Fine, just drop them off when you are done with him. You guys make more arrests than we do, damn commissioner riding us about it" he grumbles as he stomps off. His partner shoots you an apologetic grin as he runs after him.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 am

N'KIE

Shells of distorted air settle over the Enforcer and he drug dealer.

<<Restraints did not prevent the meterokinetic's abilities last time. Recommended confinement in an enclosed, sealed container when possible.>>
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: red brick building


LDM eyed the police officers, but said nothing, allowing them to speak their peace and walk away. He considered the news of a homicide briefly. It was likely ther perp had already left the scen and there was no help to give at the moment. N'KIE's observations drew bradley back to the matter at hand.

<<Not a bad idea. Sedating him, so he stays knocked out, wouldn't hurt either. Lets grab some tranquilizers on the way to the warehouse.>>
OOC wrote:We can probably buy some powerful sedatives between scenes.



***

Back at the red brick building Bradley encouraged Galatea to conceal her van in one of the warehouses nearby. There were also some empty containers they could move to get their captive contained. Add some chains and a padlock and you had some improvised prison cells. LDM made sure to dope the Enforcer too. It made conventional interrogation impossible, but fortunately they had Lotus for that. When all their prep work was done Bradley stood with him fellow crime fighters.

"You up to picking their brains Lotus?"
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Galatea:

After storing the van nearby, Galatea found herself back inside the drab red building.

"...When we last saw our intrepid heroes, they were in their fortress of secrecy and busy finding cattle prods and performing mind rapes to gather information." she began in an flippant tone as she rummaged around the place for food.

"Will they get some answers? Will they solve the mystery in time? And why is Galatea monologuing? Stay tuned."
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Three.
Condition: Concerned ...

This man has protected those who would deal poison, this poison lures people in with promises of divinity, then claims their very souls. Those who would stem the flow of this poison must have the temerity to do what is required of them.

As she gathered her thoughts she looked down at the bound, and drugged form of the enforcer. An addled mind, a drugged mind was difficult to discern, the images were often clouded, and confused, but her need was great if they were to find the source of the drugs. With an indrawn breath she reached out her hand towards the mans face and concentrated. Sweat began to bead her brow, and the enforcer began to struggle. Lotus' voice was barely a whisper, but it thundered in the mans head.

"You may gather the winds, and the rains my friend. But those who stand before you are the heralds of a storm, a maelstrom that will wash your filth, and your poison from the streets. You cannot resist the storm, you cannot escape it. You must submit. You must bow to it, or it will sweep you before it, and destroy you."

OOC: Extra Effort, coupled with Untapped Potential, will allow Lotus to increase her ranks of Mind Reading by 3; to 13. Making his Will DC 23. She will be fatigued next round, but hopefully that will get us the information we require.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: red brick building


Bradley left Lotus to perform her interrogation without outside interruption. He remained within earshot in case she had need of assistance, however. While he waited, he watched Galatea rummage around. Given her earlier comments about food, he suspected she might still be hungry. With a raised hand he pointed to one of the offices.

"Theres a cooler with bottled water and some snacks in that office."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:26 pm

It is raining buckets by the time you reach the base and the wind is snapping smaller tree branches. Inside the building you can hear the constant pound of rain on the roof and a rumble of thunder every few seconds.

Lotus

The first thing you encounter in the mans mind is a wall of red petals that almost stop your progress. You are eventually able to break through though but can constantly feel the press of the petals trying to push you out. The man is a low level enforcer for the Overseers tasked with dealing with the drug dealers they have allowed to continue operating on their territory. He deals mostly with Boost dealers representing an eastern drug cartel you can assume is the triad. He received his powers very recently during a deal gone bad and was responsible for a unexpected wind storm last week. He was tasked with sending a message to the triads representatives that the Boost rampages happening recently are causing problems with businesses they had bullied into their protection racket.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Just as Lotus finishes gathering information from the enforcer all of your phones give a notification beep and N'KIE feels a strong radio frequency sweep over the area. Analyzing the data you can tell it is a weather warning notification. A hurricane previously predicted to weaken and pass by harmlessly has strengthened and changed course to hit the city directly. An evacuation notice is being issued to the surrounding area but there is likely not enough time to evacuate everybody.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: red brick building


At hearing his phone go off LDM reached into his pocket and checked the burner phone he carried. Behind his mask he frowned. Great. After the message was read he tucked the phone back into his pocket and moved over to where Lotus was probing the enforcer's mind.

"Lotus, hurry up and finish your readings on these two. We need to drop them off at the police station. Then we'll probably need to help people in the storm."
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests