Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sapphire Cove Adventures IC (Reconstruction Adventures)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Galatea:

Galatea had just stopped eating half the bag of jalapeño and cheese favored nachos. Although she could not see much of anything from where she was sitting, Galatea had a gut feeling that things are now happening at a fast pace. Mindful of her previous attempt to help out by charging out of cover in stone form, she opted to stay put in the van though she started the engine just in case.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 pm

N'KIE
hp1

Zen_Gypsy wrote:Officers from park to your 9. Caution at least one other player wants to take out the dealer.


N'KIE spotted the radio signals incoming but had to wait for the phone to render them as text.

<<Be advised, Bradley. The 'psychic ninja' warns: The SCPD officers from before are to our left, presumably watching the proceedings and there is an unknown hostile at unspecified location.>>
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Park


<<Alright. Once we grab the dealer signal Galatea to come over with the van. We'll snag him and go. But I prefer to get confirmation that he has access to Boost first.>>
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

(Feel free to act wherever you would like in this)

Lotus

The hostile person is a tall young man, unarmed as far as you can tell. He steps out into the light of the docks and calls to the dealer, "Hello frankie..."

LDM/N'KIE

The dealer reaches down to start undoing the zipper on the bag when a voice comes out of the darkness "Hello Frankie..."

All

"... we need to talk" The dealer looks up, a worried gleam in his eyes "When we made the deal that allows your organization to deal on our turf there was an agreement that it didn't cut into our operations here." He glances to the bodyguard "I contacted your organization, they said to inform you that Verona protocol is in effect." The man nodded and walked past both men and into the night.
"Hehe, What do you mean we are cutting into your business here?" The mousy man, Frankie, asks, obviously very frightened of the man.
"A few of our 'protected' businesses have reported damages by your customers and the boss says that is bad for business" At this electricity begins to crackle in his palm.

Initiative time. Electric guy acts on 15, the dealer on 6
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Park


OOC wrote:Initiative: 1d20+3=12


He was hoping Lotus would have been able to intercept the lurker. But when he heard the new voice coming from the side he realized that hadn't happened. Under his Bradley's eyes shifted to the new arrival without turning his head. When electricity began to form in the man's hand the vigilante's jaw clenched.

<<Better call Galatea in now.>>
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Three.
Condition: Contemplating Violence.

As she got into a concealed position in the alley, her mark walked out towards the Ghost and the Armor. She heard snippets of her targets conversation with the dealer.

... an agreement that it didn't cut into our operations ... inform you that Verona protocol ... 'protected' businesses ...


All the classic phrases, an extortion, a protected business man cutting his losses when one of his low tier dealers made a mistake. If the dealer still had any Boost on him, he still was useful, at least to get a small amount of the street. But if they needed information, this electrical enforcer had to go down. At least until they could find a way to get the information out of him.

Still lurking in the shadows, Lotus prepared for action. Her calm like the eye of a storm.

OOC: I stated that I was taking an Aim action in my last post, if so, I will assume when my initiative comes I will be able to make a Ranged Attack (Throwing Blades) with the +2 Circumstance from my previous Aim Maneuver, perhaps even with an additional bonus from attacking from Stealth. But my initiative was pretty meh. Initiative Check (1d20+8=11)
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

N'KIE



N'KIE texts on the phone to Galetea
Come in hard.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Galatea:

What now? thought Galatea with a moan as she read the text. She debated to drive the van straight into whatever the situation then decided against it as she would have a hard time explaining to the rental company on how the van got wrecked.

Galatea got out of the van and rushed to the scene, transforming into stone as she did so.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 pm

"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

N'KIE take a HP for the initiative complication


Wind starts to whip around the enforcer and he rises up into the air. The sky starts to get cloudy and dark, wind buffeting everybody. He shoots a blast of lightning down on the dealer, barely missing.

Order is
Enforcer
LDM
N'KIE
Galatea
Lotus
Cops
Dealer
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Sakuro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Living-Dead-Man
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Loc.: Park


<<See if you can ground him.>>

Bradley advised his partner while swatting the drug dealer aside and grabbing the duffle back on the ground. Opening it up he swung the bag upwards in a wide arch. Angry, hissing snakes flew like progectile through the air, fangs bared in a hissing maestrong. It was as if the bag were a micro-cosom containing some insane snake-hell dimension and LDM had just unleashed it's wrathful denizens into the spooky nightmare scape he had devised.
OOC wrote:Using Scare Tactics single target option, with the Enforcer being the target. It is Perception range, so it auto-hits. DC 20 Will.

Power Description wrote:Emotion Control 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Fear" (-1/r) ; Power Feats: Innate (+1 pp), Subtle 2 (+2 pp)]
Roll Call thread: Character Cache
Sakuro
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: West Coast of the United States

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 pm

N'KIE
hp2

<<Acknowledged!>>

N'KIE attempts to calibrate her Tractor beam targetting to lock on to the airborne assailant.

Tractor beam Grapple (Trctor Beam is Subtle so DC 20 Perception to see the source of it
attack (1d20+10=19) if that hits

grapple (1d20+10=15) vs. his strength or dodge I believe. (or he may have a static DC of 20, I'm unclear on that)

one degree of success, the target is restrained
(immobile and vulnerable). Two or more degrees leave
your opponent bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired).
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Cold Steel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Galatea:

Halloween is early this time of year. Galatea thought wryly as she watched what was happening and headed between the attacker and his potental victim, hoping to block the high voltage goon's next blast with her rock hard body.
"Fortune favors the stupid!"
User avatar
Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 am

Lotus Infinite
Hero Points: Three.
Condition: Hidden and Prepared.

So our enforcer can fly, and project lightning. This could get dangerous, best to bring him down quickly. As she observed the action she withdrew the throwing blades from her hair, and deftly reversed her grip to prepare them for a deadly accurate throw. Perhaps the metal of the blades in his arm would serve to dissipate some of the electrical current his is able to project.

She watched as the Ghost threw the duffel bag at his flying opponent and it erupted into snakes. She squirmed slightly. The man certainly had a flair for theatrics. And it was as though a heat shimmer flickered through the air as the Armor he wore tried to restrain the enforcer as it did the Boost addict at the mall. She waited patiently to determine if her blades were needed, or if the police who had already begun to move from their cover would require her attentions.

OOC: Holding to see the effects of the first two attacks on the enforcer. If he isn't down or restrained I will attack, assuming the +2 circumstance bonus for my previous rounds Aim action, is there an additional bonus for attacking from stealth, or did he see me last turn with my abysmal Hide check?
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
User avatar
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Sapphire Cove Adventures IC

Postby Mr.Sandman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 pm

The man floats back a bit from the flying snakes but laughs it off when they fail to hit him. This does distract him enough that the tractor beam pins him in the air and you are able to force him to the ground.
"Freeze. Everybody on the ground!" The older cop calls, standing up from the roof they are on. The younger cop tries to stand with him but slips from his position on the roof. Barely catching himself on the edge. The older cop is distracted trying to help him up.
The mousy man cowers behind the living statue but draws a small pistol from his side.
The enforcer glares at LDM from where he is standing, held in place, and the wind picks up around him. The wind slams into you, lifting you from the ground and tossing you towards the water.
Air Control. Attack roll=26. He is still pinned but can use his powers. Stealth makes him lose his dodge bonus to his defense, he did not see you.
Mr.Sandman
Superhero
Superhero
 
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 am
Location: chicago 1924

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests