Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

2E Martial Arts Game (Interest)

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: 2E Martial Arts Game (Recruiting)

Postby Hyoseph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Next power I intended to get was going to be pretty close.

Nullify (Flight)
Paralyze

Fist of the Old Ones was going to be an Attack that utilized Leaping - Affects Others :)

:P
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Yep, I could see that... or flight, or gravity control or telekinesis, all with the limitation, away from where I punch you, you poor fool.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Hyoseph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 pm

I considered using those, but they really don't get the arc effect.

If I was going full blown Exalted cheese, I would include it as a Dimensional Teleport (with the limitation "only if they fail by 10 or more *AND* I roll a critical hit on the attack roll) but that's a bit way over the top for any setting, including Exalted ffs.

Also, God-Smashing would be less Paralyze/Nullify(Flight) more Snare.

In fact, I might just make it Snare anyway.

Snare, alternate save Fort :)

~H
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Spectrum » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

The Ink Monkeys came up with such great cheese- and now from what I hear, they're doing 3E.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Hyoseph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes, yes they did. Some of it made sense, though frankly some of it should be cause enough to get them life imprisonment at Gygax Penitentiary and House of Velveeta.

in other news...

not sure if the tone of the game is going to be quite that ultraviolent though.

I really should just stop where I'm at then with the monster because frankly it only gets more terrifying from here.

Screaming Meat Shield - Deflect and is a forced Interpose with whoever's grappled at the time. Working out how to do that, but that would be fairly harsh.

~H
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Hmn...I can see interesting character development between hyoseph's character and Shankar. It seems like Hyoseph's infernal monster is a dou type, whereas Shankar is a sei type. That and Shankar rarely uses strength based powers, his abilities focused on speed and internal destruction. That's why he hits his caps in terms of damage, but only has 12 strength. But I do expect him to have to deal with normal stuff like his parents and school and that stuff, as well as his master's history and dealing with the organization. So, for Shankar, its your average high-school drama. Average teenage student by day, ki striking martial artist by night! Fighting off the forces of tests and ninja assassins! At the same time!
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hyoseph » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:03 pm

If approved I'll likely name this guy Angron, (a nod to my other "impractical yet awesome" setting of choice) and anticipate forming a sort of arrangement where he is, no questions asked, the asshole of the group. More likely to tell someone that the reason they failed was because they are weak and that they should just "walk it off" rather than seek medical attention.

At the same time, he would likely be a prime candidate for the "Inspiring" Feat because of the simple fact that when those inside his oh-so-tiny circle of "peers" are threatened / endangered / mildly inconvenienced by those outside of it, he is more than willing to put foot to ass in their name.

~H
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Hyoseph » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am

Thoughts from the ST Types?
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:44 am

ST Types?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Toptomcat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Storyteller is the Exalted-equivalent term for Dungeon Master, Game Master, Referee, Hollyhock God, etc.- the guy who's running the show.
Toptomcat
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Hyoseph » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Exactly.

Person whose sign-off i am waiting for before I call it good and wait for game to start or start over and come up with new idea.

~H
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:31 pm

So, ST types...when is this game's application deadline/kick-off date?
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Hyoseph » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't know what's going on with the ST's, though I'm about ready to stick a fork in this one and call it done.

~H
Hyoseph
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Spectrum » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Catsi, sorry if I'm stepping on your toes.

Actually, this isn't a recruiting thread, at least it shouldn't be. Its a long term interest where the original poster jumped the gun. One of the problems when the op isn't the gm :)

I've been keeping a general eye on the situation for a while and you're right, I think that this is a game stuck in limbo. Maybe just maybe, it'll pop out sooner than later.

At the same time, I wouldn't try holding my breath for too long waiting for it to happen. It'll happen on its own time, if it does.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby catsi563 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Spectrum wrote:Catsi, sorry if I'm stepping on your toes.

Actually, this isn't a recruiting thread, at least it shouldn't be. Its a long term interest where the original poster jumped the gun. One of the problems when the op isn't the gm :)

I've been keeping a general eye on the situation for a while and you're right, I think that this is a game stuck in limbo. Maybe just maybe, it'll pop out sooner than later.

At the same time, I wouldn't try holding my breath for too long waiting for it to happen. It'll happen on its own time, if it does.

Not a worry and thats pretty much how it is at the moment. Im definately exited and interested in attempting ot put this together. But at the moment its still in the constructive phase for me.

When the time comes that I actualy put this together I will be posting a full on recrutiement thread. For now Im happy to discuss characters, the campaign world and ideas for stories and history that might fill the world or come into play.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room