Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Occult Tales (IC): Chapter 3

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Occult Tales (IC): Chapter 2

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Chuck
HP: 3 Condition: Fine

Chuck shakes his head, "You mean to say this thing was set by the Duke's man? He fetches a sigh and shrugs his shoulders "Is is any wonder I don't like dealing with this side of things? Does anybody know a big scarred wizard? Cause nothing is coming to mind right now." Chuck rubs at his head and then looks at his hand. "And Halla, can you make sure that thing will let me check what I was trying to at the start?"

Expertise: Magic (1d20+8=11) Or can he think of something?
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:45 am

Halla

She frowns at Chuck the Wizard's words. "No, the big man set up wards, the Duke's man tripped them, the big, scarred man set Obo to attack here. Chuck, do your thing. Dumballah has him held firmly. Obo's referenced make me think the big black, scarred man is a bokkor - a dark sorceror of the voodoun tradition. I can possibly check around my fellow practitioners for a lead."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:56 am

Graham considered how it felt, affecting this creature as he had. He had never employed his abilities on a spirit before. It was somewhat reassuring to know he could eat one if he had to. But it felt wrong somehow. The essence, the fear, would sustain him and grant him might as feeding on any small-time crook too stupid to walk in a group at night would. But the taste was somehow off-too rich, too thick, like trying to eat an entire birthday cake in one sitting. Graham wasn't quite sure if he wanted more.

"Still, the Duke should have told us about this when he mentioned the murder site." It was hardly the first time a client had withheld information, and it wouldn't be the last. Everybody had something to hide.

"Well, this is a step in the right direction. I don't have too many contacts in our fair city's voodoo community, but maybe I can find people can do, and...ask them." After that strange monkey-thing's essence had made contact with his own, Graham needed some good old fashioned hair-raising, pulse-pounding fear to wash the taste out, so to speak.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.United » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Kr

Kr listened to the conversation. His eyes looking glaring at the snake before speaking, " Told you guys it was like the Blade movie. The person who put us here, is the one that did it."

Kr merely slides down to a sit in the alley as he closes his eyes trying to picture a man with a scar on his face. "Anyone in contact with the police? From the description, it sounds like if we can cross check the police reports to known wizards, we may come up with someone." He says as he opens his eyes quickly before he falls asleep.
Last edited by Mr.United on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Gazman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Chuck

Chuck looks over at Kr from where he is standing near Halla's snake and it's prey. "Sleepin' in a Nawlins back alley in the middle of a magical interrogation? There is something very special 'bout that boy." The big man shakes his head and walks back to the blood stain. He eyes the empty spot where Obo is restrained with suspicion before closes his eyes and feeling the murder site with his other senses.

Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Psychopath » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 am

James Smith
HP:2

After finishing off his second beer at the club James finally get tired of waiting and follows the path the pale investigator took to find out if they are either going to continue talking at the club or if they ditched him and moved on. Leaving a few bucks on the table as a tip and payment for the drinks (doesn't know they are on the house) he finally exits the building to the alley where a few patrons mentioned they saw Graham go. "So have you folks found anything out yet ab...." James begins before he notices the snake in the space of one moment he drops the beer and whips out his wand and points it at the snake thinking it's the threat. "Will someone tell me why there is a LARGE snake is the alleys of Na'lens" he says with a bit of a drawl that wasn't there before.
"If you think I'm crazy you should hear what some of the voices in my head are saying."
Psychopath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 am

Halla

"He's wit me. Please don't point weapons at him. He's coiled around a spirit that tried to hurt Chuck." She explains in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yes, Obo, I know, it's annoying. And yes, you've been helpful so far. We'll release you when we are finished and you give your Word to leave this city quickly and without incident." she says to seemingly empty air.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:44 am

Gazman wrote:Chuck

Perception (1d20+8=23)

Chuck examines the magic. Most of the remnants have been wiped away by the trap set up after, but Chuck thinks he can recognize the magical signature of who did the murder. Nothing else he sees seems to alter what the investigators already know.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:46 am

GM Post:

Obo nods and tries to be patient while he waits for more questions. Halla gets the impression that monkey spirits aren't the most patient of entities.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Chuck

The big man stands up and brushes the alley dirt from his suit pants. "Didn't get anything new. But this time I wasn't strangled by an invisible monkey so that's a plus." Chuck laughs a little before roughly coughing again. "I'll be able to recognize the signature if I ever feel it again, though. I think that's all we're gettin' outta this place or that thing."
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby flynnarrel » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Halla

"Then are we done? This spirit is getting ansy."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.United » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Kr

Kr looks up to the wizard holding his wand and pointing towards the snake, "Anyone else get a flash of Harry Potter from this situation?" He asks as he looks to everyone individually waiting for a answer. He then stands before walking back to the scene and glancing at the scene before walking to the edge of the alley and looking out to the busy New Orleans' streets. The man could of went anywhere, do anything past this point. Hell he could of flown off like Neo in Matrix and he thinks no one would notice.

Kr then turned back looking at the group, "Think anyone inside would know of a scarred angry looking black guy hanging around?" He added the angry part himself. Someone who did this couldn't be all smiles.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 am

Mr.United wrote:Kr looks up to the wizard holding his wand and pointing towards the snake, "Anyone else get a flash of Harry Potter from this situation?"

OOC wrote:If it was like Harry Potter, you guys wouldn't have been able to defeat it until you remembered something you conveniently learned in class a couple of days before or used an item that you conveniently were given earlier in the movie/book.

...not a Harry Potter fan. Awful, awful movies.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 am

GM Post:

Mr.United wrote:Kr then turned back looking at the group, "Think anyone inside would know of a scarred angry looking black guy hanging around?" He added the angry part himself. Someone who did this couldn't be all smiles.

Even while saying those words, Kevin realizes that he's hoping for a long shot. Chances are, the attacker didn't hang around the bar. He's much more likely to be known in wizardly or voodoo circles than in the bar.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Chuck

Chuck sighs. "Like I said. The description doesn't ring any bells with me. But I don't typically hang 'round the magic type. No more than Silvia and them inside. I think we're done here, but least aways we know who we're looking for now. Any thoughts on where to do that lookin'?"
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room