Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Occult Tales (IC): Chapter 3

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League

Re: Occult Tales (IC): Chapter 2

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 am

Chuck
HP: 3 Condition: Fine

Chuck gives a wave from his place in the middle of the booth. "Hullo, Silvia. I'm Charles. Wish we were meeting under better circumstances. I imagine you know why we're here."
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Psychopath » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 pm

James Smith
HP: 2

James finally pulls up outside of the club after getting his normal carry supplys for anything supernatural he leaves his staff in the car but brings his wand of sleep and healing salve conviently disguised as vapor rub. He greats the doorman and asks "Have my ascociates already went inside it would be three men and one woman they look like..." as james procedes to give the door man the desciptions he glances about for anything untoward about the location.
"If you think I'm crazy you should hear what some of the voices in my head are saying."
Psychopath
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Graham smiled-well if not warmly, then largely. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Silvia. I'm Graham." He filled a glass with ice and vodka, sipping at it neatly.

"As you might have guessed, we're here on behalf of the Duke, investigating his nephew's death. We understand his body was found outside, and we were hoping you would kindly tell us what you know about it? Please and thank you," He added, taking another drink.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:48 am

Halla

"...and anything else you can tell us of the deceased would be good too." Halla adds not able to resist giving the other woman a once over.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

GM Post:

Silvia smiles at Chuck to acknowledge what he said. "Yes, dear, your business associate, Mr. Napolitano, rang me up." Her tone is somewhat warm but also contains a hint of dismissiveness. She then takes in Graham's greetings and nods as he is speaking. "Mr. Tyrell, I must confess that I was a little put out to hear that the Duke chose to bring outsiders into his business, but I am relieved that you're among the... uh, investigators. Your father's reputation precedes you." Her attention seems to be focused mostly on the White Court at this point. "The body was found outside. One of my girls found it." Pausing a second, she adds: "She wasn't pleased with the discovery, but you can talk to her. She'll take a break in a few minutes." Silvia snaps her fingers to pass along the message that the dancer should be notified. One of the wait staff scurries down the stairs to deliver the message. "I don't expect she'll be too much help. Your boss's pet wizard already took a look around and muttered something about a glamour to keep preying eyes from witnessing the murder. Guess that means it wasn't meant to send a message, maybe."

"About Pedro?" she asks to herself, altering his name into her native Spanish. "He was often doing business in the other rings. Don't think his uncle approved. Still, he enforced for the Duke so there's that. Probably made enemies all around. I don't know, what about him do you want to know?"

Downstairs - The doorman cuts James off before he can finish the descriptions of the fellow guests. He directs the magus up the steps to the level where James can spot the rest of the investigators. A member of the wait staff politely intervenes and takes his drink order before the man can even reach the table, then backs away to allow Mr. Smith to join the others.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Chuck

Chuck sips at his local brew while he listens to Silvia's opening spiel. He blinks hard at "probably made enemies all around" and raises one of his thick workman's hands for attention. "Did any of those probable enemies start something in here?" He think about it for a second and adds "Actually would anybody know who he hung around with in here?"
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mr.United » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Kr

Kr's knees bob up and down as the sitting still and doing nothing was getting to him. He contiued to look around to find some reason to stand up without too much attention being drawn. He knew that if he stayed sitting and doing nothing but listening for too much longer, he would start to drift off.

As the woman spilled her info about what was going on, something grabbed Kr's attention. Instantly he stands as he leans on the table and slams his hands on the table, "Did you say a wizard?" He looks to the others as if waiting for some kind of reaction before contiueing, "Seems that these Reds have some some Chris Angel working for them and they neglected to mention it. Doesn't that sound fishy to you?" Not waiting for a response, he then flings his hands up before grabbing his flowers and walking away quickly, "I need some air."

Kr passed James on the way and merely smirked, "Decided to work the Reds after all huh?" He says as he contiues downstairs and to the backdoor where the alley was. He knew who to talk to and it wasn't anyone in this place.
Last edited by Mr.United on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Halla

She jumps when KR slams his hands down on the table, she almost reflexively calls forth Dumballah as a flash of fear pulses through her. "What the hell, Kev?"

Also, no one mentoined White Court in the conversation, if you know from some other means then cool.

She clears her throat. "Ahem, I know video tapes are of... limited use but might you have any of the alley from that night or any of 'Pedro' that show who he arrived with or left with, or even what he was doing here that night?"
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 am

GM Post:

Silvia shrugs at Chuck's question. "He hung around, chumming with a lot of circles. The Mexicans, for instance. They're here and there from time to time but we didn't see them on the night of the murder. As far as enemies, well, I don't think anyone in here had reason to kill him even if he was... abrasive from time to time. Besides, no one in here had the means. We don't get a lot of those people in here."
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Chuck

Chuck has to pull in his broad shoulders to squeeze between his companions and lean across the table towards Silvia. "Pardon me for being pushy, miss. But do ah... those people ever come here? Even if they didn't normally bother with ah... Pedro?"
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 am

GM Post:

Silvia laughs. "No, of course not, dear. This place is dangerous for them." Her subsequent smile isn't very reassuring, seeing somewhat sardonic. "We rarely get them. Some of you kids are definitely out of place. It's the eyes that gives you away, you know?"
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 am

GM Post:

Silvia points out one of her security guards. "Talk to that man. He'll show you what the security cameras got that night. I don't think they got anything but you never know." She casts a glance in the direction that KR went. "Looks like your friend is anxious to see the place where the body was found. Head on out there if you want. You'll know the spot," she notes dryly.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Chuck

After Silvia's comment about eyes, Chuck keeps his own fixed down on his bottle of beer. "I don't think I'm tellin' anybody anything they don't know when I say that we probably won't see much of anything on a video tape. Just goin' by what we know of the ah...murder weapon."

The big man shifts uncomfortably in his seat. "If y'all excuse me, I think I better go help that Kevin boy. He might run that crazy mouth of his off at the wrong person. And maybe I can spot something at the scene."
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Halla
hp2lp1

Halla requests tapes of not only that night, but also ones that show 'Pedro' entering and exiting the club, that night and other nights, it might give a clue as to who he met here, and who he had dealings with. She'll try to sweet talk the guard in to giving more than he mat have been strictly authorized to do.

Then she'll join the others in the alley.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Mr.United » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Kr

Kr pushes his way through the crowd as he makes no stops towards the door to the alley before pushing his body against it, forcing the door open, which swings and slams into the outer wall before walking out. Once outside, Kr removed his gun from the flowers with no care in trying to hide it before placing it back into his empty holster. Tossing the roses to the side, he walks his way down the alley.

Ignoring the area where the creature's body was, Kr made his way deeper into the alley. Many forget that these alleys were home to some of the most informed people, the homeless. He hoped he wasn't followed by his crew, for her knew their tatics of sex and intimidation wouldn't work.
Mr.United
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room