Paradigm Shift: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Paradigm Shift: OOC

Postby Bladewind » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Ok, here's the deal...

I've come to the conclusion that crazy ideas are great and work great for some people in any format or forum. My strength happens to be tabletop. My weakness is not knowing when to say "no" to players. I chose characters based on background and and how I thought the they would mesh with the concept I had in mind. I've got to learn to work with character builds more. There is at least one, possibly two characters that are over my ability to handle and keep everything fun for everyone - and that is not the players' fault. (LxG actually taught me that when I went through revisions on my character there...)

I shut my other recent game down pretty hard/ fast because the submissions I received (and too readily accepted), while great, weren't what I wanted. And if you aren't playing in the game that you want to, what's the point? Especially if you are the GM? This game doesn't fall into that category - the submissions are exactly what I wanted - but the end result is the same...

Lord Fell wrote:...you know what's coming by now, right?

Rather than frustrate myself (and more importantly - all of the players!) I'm going to shelve this game. You all invested great ideas and mesh well with the overall plot, but it just won't work.

I have to say though, that I appreciated Fell's harsh truth to him just dropping out and not posting, just as much as I appreciated everyone else's attempts to keep the game going despite my apparent lack of direction...

Lord Fell wrote:Sooner or later, "I don't know what's going on," becomes "I don't care what's going on."

And that's the kicker. I have found myself taking advantage of my tiredness and using it as an excuse to stay off the boards. I'd come on, mostly because I wanted to check on the games that I am in and post there - I've had some characters accepted to games that I really like and want to play. I haven't lost interest in this concept, but I have lost drive...

I guess my paradigm shifted...

Thanks for your participation folks and I hope to get and continue to play with you all in other games.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Understood, thanks for the game, have fun all.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57 am

Thanks for the game. I really liked the concept.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds

Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 pm

I actually put off dropping this game for a few weeks. Partly because I like opportunities to game with RedBstrd (I game with him a lot, but usually in a GM-Player relationship). Also, partly because I worried that dropping this would make you feel bad, and kill the game.

If the truth of the matter is, you were finding the game too stressful to keep your focus on, then I guess everything worked out for the best.

...hmm. I'm "reminded" that Baixwai might just have room for a couple of PL10 Godlings in his game.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 pm

There-s only one way to respond to that... and that's by saying "thanks."

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm

I probably will open up recruitment for a few more spots in Incarnation assuming that the players aren't yet totally fed up with my irregular posting.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Voidrazor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:38 am

Well I find this sad. I was looking forward to the possibilities of this game (cool universe and other PC, loved my char's personality and build). But if your heart isn't in it, the game was doomed. Hopefully we'll have a good time together in Darkness in the Heavens. Although, so far that has been very frustrating since launch.

Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Bombaatu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

*Sigh* C'est la Vie. Thanks for having me.

RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 am

Thank you for the running it game. It's a shame that things didn't work out.

Return to “M&M Game Room”