Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Paradigm Shift: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Paradigm Shift: OOC

Postby metool2 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 pm

So wait, am I changed now or not? Just wanting to know what the Super Synch provides, particularly considering i'm now facing some real posible dangers...
" This flag says I will fight until only my bones remain. "
Kamen Rider Builds
metool2
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Bladewind » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:30 am

Lord Fell wrote:Can I maybe get Bladewind to post a "this is how it's going to be" kind of post, and then push the IC?

You can definitely get me to do that. ;)

I won`t open up for debate, but would take your opinion:

I was thinking post actions and they get resolved, if you want your action to be modifiable depending on an npc action or init order send a pm if you don`t want to post IC out of init order.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm a bit unclear on what's going on then... Rebis has gone, so we're waiting on resolution on the first half of the round?
Or... should we all just post?

I had actually intended to attempt a disarm on Skully, but since Danger Dan/Spidey already tried that, I wouldn't mind finding out how well that worked before I post.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 am

please post. :mrgreen:

I apologize. The lag is my fault due to comic con and under estimating my fatigue.

Please note that for anyone not posted on THIS ROUND by this evening, I will be resolving round one.
From there I will post exactly how I intend to handle combat from hereon in.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Hopefully that puts everyone back on the same page. I `rushed` a little there to give us back our momentum.

Here is what I have come up with for posting for combat.

1) Post an action for your character whenever you are online and haven`t already acted that round.
2) I will resolve posts that are posted via the initiative order (including villains).
3) You have until your initiative comes up (or I resolve the action) to change your action (in the original post or a new one. Indicate OOC if you do the former)
4) A summary post at the end of each round will be posted.

Further, despite debates elsewhere on the boards, I will allow Quickness to affect Invention and Ritual and the like.

Note that I did not skip Lincoln. She did not act.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Adventure Dan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Character with 0 Strength rolls a 20 on the resistance

Edit: Following Roger's attack, how far is Cythonna from the group?
Last edited by Adventure Dan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Adventure Dan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Also, just to make sure I'm 100% clear on how posting goes, we should wait until Amazon's action resolves (and has Karen acted?) and the round is officially over, and then we post in any order.
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Bladewind » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 pm

You are correct on both counts.

Karen did not act. That is my take on combat posting. :mrgreen:
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Nine of Spades seems to have disappeared from the Trinity game, although my suspicion on that is that she wasn't enjoying it, so she just walked without notice. That may have also been the case here, although it's also entirely possible that she was waiting for her turn in initiative order. I wouldn't stress too much about that for a few days, we'll see if she pops in.

Also, checking my character sheet for my numbers, somehow I overlooked that Amazon has a rank of Improved initiative. I don't know if it matters, but that bumps her up to a 7 in the initiative order.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 am

Um, are you all waiting on me?

Round Two is ready, pending any little things that may remain from round one (questions and the like).

If, for whatever reason, you've changed your mind about playing I bear no ill will. Even a quick note here of via PM as simple as "you suck, I quit" would be appreciated... :D

Otherwise, I'd like to move forward.

To reiterate, this encounter is purposefully less like the description of the game and is meant to be simple to defeat - it was merely an excuse to bring the group together.

I will bring Ambush Beetle in this round to simplify things so we can move forward... assuming you all are still here !
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 am

Hey Blade, maybe I am misunderstanding this new Combat Posting procedure ...

Spider 26
Rebis 19
Green Garbed woman 17
Skull face 14
Cyborg 13
Lincoln 12
Karen 11
Rogers 9
Amazon 3

But your last post resolved all of *our* action, but I didn't notice any resulting action from either Cythonnia, Lincoln or Skull'd. Also, our last combat post was Amazon bulldogging Skull'd, so apart from waiting for the resolution on that, I was waiting on return fire before posting my actions for the second round.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Adventure Dan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 am

Pretty much what Zen-Gypsy said. I'm still completely interested in playing, I just thought we were waiting on some more actions. I was also waiting for NOS, who seems to be gone...
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Walking Dad » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Still here. I thought you waited for Rebis and Spiders second turn or something like this.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:12 pm

UHm.... yeah. I'm totally waiting on you, because you need to update us before the new round starts.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 pm

I'll fix that tonight. :oops:
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room