Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Paradigm Shift: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Paradigm Shift: OOC

Postby Bladewind » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Compromise?

Those who wish to wait "their turn" please advise in OOC. Otherwise, have at it !

I will post the actions of the the three women based on what they intend.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Well, I guess I kinda want to know if Adventure Dan was successful -although I assume not.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:22 am

Bladewind wrote:Compromise?

Those who wish to wait "their turn" please advise in OOC. Otherwise, have at it !

I will post the actions of the the three women based on what they intend.

What about:

Everyone before the next NPC post in any order they want. Once all posted and the GM sorted it out and posted for the NPC(s), everyone before the next NPC post in any order they want. Rinse and repeat.

Or shall we just blast the NPCs who act much faster than the PCs and if they fall they got no turn at all? In this case, I would like to re-locate my PP spend on Improved Initiative.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 am

Well... that does reflect the cinematic effect of comics... sometimes the baddie gets taken down before he reacts. Granted, the mionions generally suffer this fate more than the big bads...

Thoughts?

I am willing to go with the flow, but don`t want to change every three seconds...

And WD - you are welcome to grab some Improved Init....
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

I think the compromise is pretty workable. People will want to keep an eye on their initiative order. Like, Adventure Dan had Spider attempt what Amazon was going to try... but since he knew he was first, it would give me a chance to do something different.

I don't usually think Improved Initiative is worth it, but if we're going to be sticklers for the order of beat-downs, it might be.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Walking Dad » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

Bladewind wrote:Well... that does reflect the cinematic effect of comics... sometimes the baddie gets taken down before he reacts. Granted, the mionions generally suffer this fate more than the big bads...

Thoughts?

I am willing to go with the flow, but don`t want to change every three seconds...

And WD - you are welcome to grab some Improved Init....

In this case, why use initiative at all? And yes, sometimes the heroes act faster than the villains. But sometimes not. How is that heroes acting always first more cinematic or nearer to the comics?

And I already spent (sorry, typed it with a "d" above) PP on Improved Initiative, so I want to spend it on something else, if it is declared useless

And yes, as long as we roll, if a villain is faster than my PC, I will let them attack first.

I can live with both rulings, but I want to know how we are doing this.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Bladewind » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 pm

I am not proposing or accepting to wipe out init !

Actions will be resolved in order. People can post intentions and I will group resolve. If you are holding an action, let me know and if everyone who acts before an NPC posts, I will post their actions as if they were PCs for the remaining slower actions to see.

How does that sound ?
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone ever proposed doing away with initiative order. I think you misunderstood, WD.

When I proposed that everyone post their action ASAP, I still intended for actions to be resolved in order. In a different game I'm in where players are only posting when it's their turn in the initiative order, the action dropped to a crawl. I'd check daily -is it my turn to post yet? No. OK, I'll check back tomorrow... if someone doesn't check in every day, or better twice a day, it can take two days for one action to get posted. It took us almost two weeks to get our first round of combat finished... it means I only got to post twice that month. At that rate of activity, it's really hard to remember what's going on, and hard to remember you care.

That game switched to a post at will format, and now things are actually moving along. Vastly preferable. Enjoyment is back online.

Post indecision is already affecting this game, I posted my init two days ago... let's get going!
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Voidrazor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm fine with whatever resolution method we can get a consensus for. But in the meantime, it looks like we could resolve actions through skull-y's turn. That would allow Walking Dad to post, reacting to both cosplay villains.

BTW, Dan I love your IC posts, very fitting for Spidey and they make me chuckle every time.
Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Bladewind » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 am

I had intended to post last night, but the hands were really hurting.

Just a reminder I am at Comic Con all week-end. I will try to check in and possibly post but I expect to be engrossed in comics and other geekdom elements...

As an aside, I received a PM once about having said I was out the night before but the boards showed me as on... There is a device in the house that has the boards as a home page. Every time it gets opened, it shows me on site when I am in act not.

I am a lazy twit when it comes to stuff like that so I apologize but I will eventually get around to fixing it.

(It's a really slow computer that only my kids use, so waiting 10-15 minutes for it to boot and then to go fix the homepage is quite a task to manage...)
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:09 am

As an FYI I've gotten my computer issues resolved, it will involve some file transfers later on this weekend, but for now I am back, and posting. Will catch up on my reading with the OOC & IC posting and then jump in.

Good to be back :)

~ Zen
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Adventure Dan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Voidrazor wrote:BTW, Dan I love your IC posts, very fitting for Spidey and they make me chuckle every time.

Hey, thanks a lot. Writing for the wallcrawler is a lot of fun.

Anyway, I'm not very familiar with the flow of PBP game, but what Walking Dad suggested sounds good, where everyone before the next NPC posts their actions.
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 am

Er

Meh

Gerd.

Near as I can tell we're waiting on Voidrazer. I sent hir a PM yesterday to nudge things along. This is very much part of why I suggested posting our actions ASAP and not waiting on initiative order. The combat started on Thursday, and four days later, we only have one posted combat action. I'm dead fricken last... just hoping I can post something before October.

Can I maybe get Bladewind to post a "this is how it's going to be" kind of post, and then push the IC?

...I got six active games, and running a seventh... and I haven't had any action all weekend. Any apparent (or oozing through the seems) frustration isn't entirely aimed at you guys.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I am back from comic con and will get caught up and make a post this evening.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Voidrazor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Lord Fell wrote:Near as I can tell we're waiting on Voidrazer. I sent hir a PM yesterday to nudge things along. This is very much part of why I suggested posting our actions ASAP and not waiting on initiative order. The combat started on Thursday, and four days later, we only have one posted combat action. I'm dead fricken last... just hoping I can post something before October.

My post on the 9th included Rebis' action for the round. I apologize to everyone if lack of clarity in the post held everything up. I mentioned assembly being a free action, meaning the construction stage of the invention process. But I'm assuming Rebis still needed to spend a standard action to Transform thin air into a pre-assembled invention. I did mention that it would be available for use next round.
Voidrazor
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room