Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Paradigm Shift: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Paradigm Shift: OOC

Postby Bombaatu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Bladewind wrote:Bomb isn't the only one to think we're back on the roof - I had us a few floors down.

I have no issue with us being on the roof at this point.

Oops... I had read through the previous entries but I must have missed that. Mea culpa.
Bombaatu
Paragon
Paragon

Postby RedBstrd » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 pm

I realized that I stole Kent's font color so I'll find something else for my next post.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Make the NPC switch! Us > Them! Rawr!! :twisted:
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Adventure Dan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 am

Posted in the IC. Perhaps it will help settle the issue, provided Fell feel's it's in Amazon's character to take it to heart. Personally, I don't mind a little group tension. :D
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:08 am

For what its worth, I pictured Rogers taking a few steps aside and waiting for more orders when he moved, not storming away like a disappointed child, so I still don't understand the reactions around.

I will also have to be more careful for anyone posting "I read X ..." for screaming no, if it could be include data I consider secret.

The information you Classified above my pay-grade shone a shiny beacon on all the information you couldn't. Everything tied together by Starrware Dimensional Anchors, whatever that is. You're going to tie me down with..."

BBM. I assumed purple clearance to be above the pay grade. Next time maybe should both assume less.

But let's move on with the story.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 am

I really hate to throw a wrench in any forward progress we're making here... but that is some really, really selective quoting there, Walking Dad.

From the post in question:
Diana speaking, addressing her handler, Carol Danvers:
"I can't get all the details, but I found all the players. You're going to make me the Den-Mother of some Devil's Rejects Suicide Mission. The information you Classified above my pay-grade shone a shiny beacon on all the information you couldn't. Everything tied together by Starrware Dimensional Anchors, whatever that is. You're going to tie me down with..."

So... the first thing Diana said, was that she "found all the players," and goes on to talk about Devil's Rejects Suicide Mission... I would think that would be obvious that she's speaking of the player characters. If there was any doubt about that, she goes on to identify all the PCs by description or name:
"This kid isn't even old enough to vote. Why are you going to make me responsible for a kid? And a CEO. Are you insane? Do you think a Captain of Industry is going to take orders from a... you're going to reinstate my rank, right? But these guys... ok, this girl, people in Business have no respect for people in The Service."

And what does Diana have to say, specifically about Vic Stone and Steve Rogers?
"Just love the look of these career soldiers you dug up for me. Both of these guys read like they should be Honourably Discharged for incurable PTSD. I bet you my ridiculous new red boots that one or both of them cries themselves to sleep or wakes up screaming in the night."

So... to me, that feels like a very disingenuous reading of my post. If you're trying to argue that you didn't realize that Diana was operating under the belief that Stone and Rogers were unfit for duty, I don't buy it. Many of my subsequent posts address the same theme.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 am

Guys, please.

For one, and I say this genuinely, you cannot imagine how privileged I feel by the people who applied to and joined my little thread here.

Two, Zen_Gypsy pointed it out as well, Fell is direct and stands for what he says and does, but he's not an arse for the sake of being an arse. I place much of the "blame" for this incident on my own shoulders. I could easily have nipped this in the bud when it first came up.

Third, I am actually quite enjoying the game thus far and hope you are as well. I look at this as the mandatory fight before we team up of all good comic heroes...

Finally, Fell, please do not forget Walking Dad's "language barrier." Its in his sig, and i miss it often enough myself because he appears (and is) quite strong, but as the man says, English is not his first language.

Please and thank you.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:39 am

Hey gang,

My posting over the next few days will be hit & miss until Sunday, but I wanted to weigh in on this. What's happened IC has happened, it is going to be dealt with one way or another. I was a little offended IC, by the way the Major handled the situation, but be that as it may she has her opinion and is entitled to it.

What *did* offend me OOC, was the way the initial post ended, with the comment (paraphrasing can't quote from my phone) "My only response in IC would be 'Told you so.'" Unfortunately that comment struck me as a schoolyard, I won't call you a name, but by saying I won't it means I still think it. It struck me as immature. But whatever, I wasn't in a great mood when I called it a dick move, and I hardly want to break this game up over splitting hairs.

The one thing I don't want, nor will I really obey, is being her subordinate. OOC we've both paid the same points, she falls outside of the chain of command for Sci-Pol, so a joint task force is fine, but Rogers reports directly to Clark, and I`d like to keep it that way. An outside Major, even if she outranks me, does not get to evaluate someone outside of her Service.

Conflict is fine, confrontation isn't. We can put this behind us, as long as the players behind the characters agree to move forward and find common ground, respect, and compromise their IC opinions to help move the team closer, and keep the game moving forward.

Other than that, I can get an IC post up Sunday night, and also, Adventure, seriously Spider is stepping up his awesomeness, loved that post.

Still enjoy the game Blade, and for what it's worth I apologize, both the Fell & my fellow players for getting snippy with Fell.
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Walking Dad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:11 am

Let's move on... I lack the motivation to argue any more about spilled beans.

For the IC reaction, Stone will still follow the Captains lead, as long as (and maybe even then) it isn't against a direct superior order. He will not actively participate in the possible IC tension, but has already chosen a side.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:56 pm

@Adventure Dan
That was a great post. I'm not entirely sure how to make good use of it, though. I think that going into a combat zone, specifically looking for retribution is probably a "horrible idea." I'll review your post again, and maybe see if I can't draw some inspiration as we move forward.

@Walking Dad
As much as anything, I guess I'm confused as to the purpose of your last post. I'm just as happy to forget it and keep going as well.

@Zen Gypsy
I don't think a little pique on your part is unforgivable. It's actually kind of appropriate to the situation, so I've got no problems here.

I can respect that Rogers wouldn't want to suddenly find himself under Prince's command. Mechanics wise, I can also respect that we both have the same number of points in Military advantages. I don't really know where I'm at on the Major vs. Captain issue on a roleplay stand point... especially since Bladewind has ruled that Diana's rank is considered Science Police.

I think part of the fun (or drama if you will) of the issue is that Diana has obviously alienated Rogers, and now is told she has to command him. That's not a situation any commander is going to want to be in, and that will be my challenge.

I think I might be able to post something that will put us on the right path, and should alleviate your concerns, without disregarding the current scenario.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Zen_Gypsy wrote:What *did* offend me OOC, was the way the initial post ended, with the comment (paraphrasing can't quote from my phone) "My only response in IC would be 'Told you so.'" Unfortunately that comment struck me as a schoolyard, I won't call you a name, but by saying I won't it means I still think it. It struck me as immature. But whatever, I wasn't in a great mood when I called it a dick move, and I hardly want to break this game up over splitting hairs.

Conflict is fine, confrontation isn't. We can put this behind us, as long as the players behind the characters agree to move forward and find common ground, respect, and compromise their IC opinions to help move the team closer, and keep the game moving forward.

Still enjoy the game Blade, and for what it's worth I apologize, both the Fell & my fellow players for getting snippy with Fell.

For what it's worth, my sense of what Fell meant was: given how things escalated, he could only see Amazon interpreting the IC confrontation as a validation of her position. Posting something IC along those lines (like "I told you so") would have escalated things IC, though, so he was explaining that he didn't really have anywhere to take the conversation without other PCs or the GM stepping in to change the dynamic of what was going on.

In other words, he was saying: "Based on what just happened, Amazon would say this but I can't go there so I've got nothing at the moment." Does that make more sense? That was my reading of what he meant...
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:12 am

Just to keep you in the loop, I'm going to be traveling for the extent of next week. I should have internet access the whole time in various forms, but I'll try to let you know if anything unexpected comes up.

IC, Eclipse is somewhat sidelined at the moment. He's introduced himself and offered his services to Rogers but most of the characters seem to be distracted by what they have going on. As soon as an opportunity comes up for Eclipse to react to something, I'll hop right on it.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Bladewind » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:01 am

Fell, Dad and Gypsy - well handled. Thanking you for resolving that IC and OOC.

Red - noted. Thanks for the heads up.

I have an IC post planned for today.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:39 am

Bladewind wrote:Red - noted. Thanks for the heads up.

Fortunately, I have an internet cafe just down the street from where I am. We shouldn't have any problem with me posting for the next five days (and after that I should have wi-fi).
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby RedBstrd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:50 am

RedBstrd wrote:I realized that I stole Kent's font color so I'll find something else for my next post.

Lord Fell wrote:Make the NPC switch! Us > Them! Rawr!! :twisted:

Well, I guess if Bladewind doesn't mind, I'll stick with the burgundy font for now. If it adds confusion (being the color of Kent's posts), I can always change it.
RedBstrd
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room