Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Paradigm Shift: OOC

This forum is the place for Mutants & Masterminds Play-By-Post games. Please read the M&M Game Room rules before starting or joining a game. Enjoy!

Re: Paradigm Shift: OOC

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 am

still no response from MeTool...

Working on a post between clients this morning... I will keep it open for the moment regarding Beetle.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 pm

yay - metool responded with a pulse !

I will be ghosting him a little while he settles back in... and just realized that I (no sense in blaming the boards) must have screwed up when I posted this morning. (S'what I get for posting between clients!)

Will repost this evening once the rugrats are sleeping.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Query regarding our own Dimensional Anchors...

Did it change our clothes? Or is that something specific to Ambush Beetle, as he's got a different "package"?

Is Colonel Kent on the scene, or do we just hear that is buzz on our communicators?
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Clothing change is optional - no, that does not man clothing is optional.

Beetle's package does work differently though.

And yes, Kent is on scene.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm going to need elaboration.

I thought for those of us with Dimensional Anchors, it was entirely uncontrolled. So, we don't get "options." This leads me back to the original question... did the clothing change for the rest of us, or just Ambush Beetle? Does "optional" mean that sometimes our clothing will change, but not at our discretion? Or I'm wrong and we do get to dictate what the Dimensional Anchors do?

I guess I was also looking for a little more explanation as to what it means that Col. Clark is "on scene." Did he drive up? Show up in a SHIELD style Helicarrier? Wander through the door, and say "'Lo, ev'body."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Nah - I was just trying to be cute.

In future paradigms, it will be more clear and more immediate what's going on. You will get to request what you want in order to deal with it. For instance, noxious fumes from an over-polluted dystopian future might enable you to suddenly be immune to the toxins. Or, it could develop said immunity as a gas mask to also give you goggles to see through it. I intend to play the next incursion where the dimensional anchors have an immediate reaction to keep you alive - like the cold immunity in this one - and then give you the information you need to respond. You may get the opportunity to suggest what you want (and I will be very open to suggestions) but not final say. Just so not everyone claims a BFG is all.

This paradigm did not establish it well enough for them to give any real information.

The idea is that yes, clothes will change as well unless you consciously want otherwise. (It's a safe bet it wasn't the hellicarrier though.)

As for Kent, the building sensors are just coming back on-line. Kent has entered the area, his mode of transportation is not known to you at the moment.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Adventure Dan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:14 pm

This might seem horribly lazy of me, but right now I'm waiting on either posts from other players or the results of the Mind Reading (assuming the Major feels like sharing with the rest of the class) since... I'm really not sure what I could/want to add at this point.
Last edited by Adventure Dan on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventure Dan
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:34 pm

NP I appreciate you checking in though...

This is cell posting, I will likely be back online tomorrow
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm

I intend to post tonight... if my headache allows. Gonna nap for a bit, and if I wake up before dawn, I'll do the rounds of this game and the other games I'm in...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Uhm...

I haven't seen any input from Voidrazer, Zen Gypsy, or Nine of Spades in a while. If I'm wrong, I'd happily listen to any of those three correct me about their interest and activity... and Metool2 is away from the game until further notice, leaving 2 of 6 players. Awesome sauce.

I think we may be sinking fast, and I don't have a paddle big enough.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Which sucks big time. However, as I post this, I noticed that Gypsy posted. If WalkingDad is still around, that could bring us to four. (I mention WD as I noted that in anther game that we are in together, he recently made a pretty good attempt to perform some thread necromancy...)

I appreciate Fell's attempts to keep us afloat.

So... I ask the four players... Do I open up recruitment or pack it in?

It would be easy to bring in new players - they'd just step forward from the ranks of the Science Police and Starrware personnel.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Lord Fell » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Well, I'm glad to be proved wrong there...

I know Adventure Dan is around, Walking Dad is around... and I did forget him (which I blame on slow moving thread). Zen Gypsy, myself...

Void Razer could very well be a "going concern" for this game... maybe send hir a PM?

Sadly, Nine of Spades is just not reliable. She seems to regularly walk away from games, disappear, and then come back a couple weeks later and go apply to different games. I know I was discussing recruitment with Horsenhero for his Injustice Gang game, and he revealed to me that Nine of Spades was already on his Black List for this sort of behaviour -that was 6 months ago. She's on my list now too... after abandoning Roguescribner's Age of Heroes game.

I could definitely see opening recruitment... I think we have an interesting cast, and I'd like this game to go somewhere. Maybe see if Void Razer is with us, to help decide how many you're recruiting... I'd also like Metool2 to return (since his absence is "approved") but we may want to move on with a "full cast," so it might be necessary to replace him as well.
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm

PM is already sent. 8)

Dan? Dad? Gypsy? Your thoughts?

I will give until Tuesday before opening recruitment. We've been slow moving so far and it would seem rash to jump to recruitment after the space of a half and hour of posting...
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Zen_Gypsy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:24 pm

Sorry about my post schedule lately, things have been fairly busy both at work and in my personal life, all positive, just busy. I'd like to continue, I like the interaction between characters at this point, I think we need to do like Fell says, a sort of role call of our own to determine who we have active prior to recruitment and go from there.

The Colonel rounding up augments for a run into the Lost Angels would seem like a good point to bring in fresh blood though ...
"If sacred spaces are spared the ravages of war -- make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war -- make all peoples holy." -- Norrin Radd (Silver Surfer: Requiem; J. Michael Straczynski)
Zen_Gypsy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Walking Dad » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 am

I just posted in the IC thread, just figured Stone would wait for miss Starr or Cap Summers to speak first...

I'm fine with re-recruitment, but the new characters should fit with the established styles of the characters.

And at last a small announcement, I will be living with friends during November, as my new apartment will not be ready until December. It could be that my time to post will be reduced, even with them having internet access and the local library.
English isn't my native language. Have patience, please.

WD's PbP characters (3e)
Martian Manhunter builds
Walking Dad
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Game Room